Miraflores House 4 rent Reviews

Av. Comandante Espinar, 611 Miraflores, Lima, Peru

We had a wonderful time at this hostel. The host is an amazing friendly older gentleman who made us feel welcomed and relaxed. The beds were soooooo comfortable. This was the last day of our 10 day trip and I appreciated the plushy pillows very very much. The common area has a ton of movies and random gadgets you can play with. Overall very happy with our stay!

• 6th Apr 2014

Excellent security and excellent staff, they give all the informent you need and they are always here to support. They reply your email very fast, that makes you feel safe, absolutely will come again if I come back to Lima.

Francis is like the best hostel guy I met so far! He explains everything so great and his plans of the town are legendary! Especially a good starting point for a trip through Peru.

• 1st Apr 2014

Julius, the owner, is a delight. The place is also very well equipped with a nice, spacious kitchen, clean facilities, and FAST internet. Best place we stayed in all of Lima.

This Hostel was the best! Francis, and all the staff were incredible, always taking the time to help you out and give you information when needed. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the location was great! Francis made sure you knew the best palces to go, eat, how to get there and what to pay!

The Photos on Hostelbookers are flattering for a hostel that feels very basic & with Cardboard style walls to the rooms. Our private en-suite was lit by a large fluorescent (kitchen style) lamp & the bathroom was very basic & badly designed. I was unable stand upright properly when urinating and the room was infested with ants. Yes, the location is great, we had a TV & yes, the staff were friendly & helpful but this hostel desperately needs an overhaul of it's cluttered and piecemeal design.

Thank you for your comment and advice I will write a sign for the guest don´t eat inside of the rooms,that is the problem, because our rooms are really clean. About the bathroom if you see the tube is short for you why you don´t asking for change the room, sometimes the problem is no comunications, because we always ear to the guest, you are the reason we work, but we don´t have a crystal bowl to see you, anyway we take care after you say the comment to our overnight worker and we fixed

This is a great little hostel conveniently located in Mireflores. If you're looking to stay in Lima for a few days, this is the perfect spot. Francis is fantastic and will give you a complete overview of everything you can do an see in Lima with a really cool map he has created. The facility is very quite and the people are great!

Good place, and Francis is a good guy who can give you many advices for your visit in Lima.

Nice and cozy place, and a friendly, chatty owner. Still, in my opinion, the hostel is a bit overpriced. Many of the things it offers as extras were not important to me (like the mass of musical instruments, which nobody ever seems to use, or extra ham and cheese for breakfast), but some things which were important to me were not so great - no fruit juice for breakfast, dark, musty and tiny room, extremely cramped bathroom. An ok hostel, but even in Lima you can find better for that money.

Thank very much for your comment, but always I answer to myself, why some friends dont open the courtins, long time ago we give a coffe tea and milk plus bread olives, ham and cheese we never offer a juice if you read in our web site. the maps we teach you in twenty minutes cut your reserch to go differents places no body make a maps like us for free, you need buy a book and read a lot to made it, thats is no important for you my friend? Its a lot the friends play instruments too saludos

I do recomend Miraflores House. Mr Francis helped me to move around the city and even to other places/cities in Peru

Great Guy and staff! Location was close to shopping, laundry, beach, and food. Homey but traffic outside our window was non-stop. Our room was musty but leaving our door and window open during the day helped. Room size was great but the bathroom was VERY tiny. SeniorFrances was Honest, accommodating, and very attentive owner!

• 4th Jan 2014

Everything about our stay here was great, Francis and his staff were amazing and gave us the perfect start to our South American travels. Francis gave us lots of advice and took us on a incredible trip. We would highly recommend staying here to everyone.

Francies is very nice. he will heip you everything if he can. i felt saft and comfortable when live here

This was a superb experience, beyond expectations - the proprietor, Francis Chauvel, was in himself a new and welcome addition to the trip, and without him I would have missed the highlight of this leg of the journey - a day trip to Caral.

• 29th Nov 2013

I did enjoy my stay here, but a couple of things. They don't take credit cards, they are up front about it, I just forgot. The owner will help point out lots of places that he likes, you may have to be specific to have him point out good places for you. He is a great resource, use him!

Francis is a great host, as lots of other reviews have said, he really takes the time to tell you about the city and make you aware of where you should and shouldn't go! The hostel is in a good location, there's a good supermarket just up the road if you want to self cater and plenty of places to eat nearby if you don't. The facilities are really good, good hot showers, purified water, musical instruments and loads of dvds! I highly recommend staying here!

Everything about this hostel was amazing. It is by no means a party hostel at all, but in terms of a being a great place to chill out, this hostel was awesome. The owner Francis and his staff were some of the most accommodating people, with knowledge of the city and things to do, as well as even helping to take care of a sick friend. The rooms were cleaned everyday, and the main living room has no shortage of activities or things to do. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

Had a great stay! Francis and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful and also very understanding when I was forced to cancel my second stay on short notice (there were no flights leaving Cusco back to Lima due to bad weather). I'll stay here again someday for sure

View all Lima Bed and Breakfasts