Miraflores House Reviews

Av. Comandante Espinar, 611 Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Firstly the staff, Francis the owner AMAZING! Never have I ever felt so welcomed and so at home at a hostel before, he did everything to help us get everything we wanted out of our stay in Lima. The place itself is a minefield of beautiful collections of things all throughout, the rooms although basic, were also clean, tidy & comfortable, there was always hot water, perfect for the cheap price! Would come back to Lima just to visit here, we loved it.

Staff made this place wonderful!

• 3rd Jan 2016

Great atmosphere and staff, but rooms are a way too old and not really comfy

Nice, quiet place to stay. Good neighborhood. Newer buildings, close to beach and restaurants.

We had a great two night stay in the Miraflores House and we where impressed about the location and the great host. When we come back to lima one day, we already konw where to stay!

The owner is a real treasure: incredibly helpful, kind and always smiling. The hostel is clean, colorful and with a warm atmosphere.glad of my choice.

This is up there with the best of the best! The staff are super helpful and Frances, the owner, is the sweetest, most accommodating guy you'll meet in your travels. Very home-y, laid back atmosphere and good natural lighting.

Miraflores house was my first stay in a 3 month solo trip to South America with no idea what I'm doing. Francis soon made me feel very welcome and sorted that all out. Always inviting and happy to help with a real passion and love for what he does; providing travellers with rest, hospitality and a fine range of maps and accompanying details in which to use them... Along with the bikes another guest and I took to Barranco free courtesy of Francis. Couldn't of wished for a better start to my trip!

Not the place if you're young, backpacking and want to meet people and have a sociable atmosphere on your travels. It caters to a different crowd which I didn't expect. But Francis is super nice and helpful and let me borrow his bike. His suggestions on Lima were a little too touristy and too expensive. Super secure and clean but a little overpriced in my opinion and not open for as much flexibility as other hostels. Just not my scene but very comfortable.

Sorry we don´t have a bar to be a really sociable atmosphere hostel and sold another stuff like you ask me, because we are pray to be like we are and we recommended it a touristic places because you are a tourist we show you a walking, buses and taxis, a good restaurants to be testy a really good meals, if you looking for a cheaper places like you did in Surquillo is a insecurity place to go to sleep or eat, for that reason people come to Miraflores you can walking and biking free and safe

Francis is the nicest and most helpful proprietor I have ever met in my travels. I unreservedly recommend this homely and wonderful institution and I would love to come back

• 15th Nov 2015

Absolutely adored this place. Owner treats you better than family. Other guests fun and friendly. Clean, comfortable. My bathroom was tiny and difficult to get to the toilet and it leaked, so I didn't like my bathroom but the other bathrooms looked great in the other rooms I peaked in at. Great times, great laughs, hated leaving. Will return.

• 12th Nov 2015

The owner is lovely, he goes out of his way to make sure you know your way around, and he makes sure you are happy with your stay. He was almost like a father for travelers, a great stay, INDEED!

Francis the hostel owner is excellent, always provides great advice for travel in the area. He shows a lot of dedication and friendliness towards his guests. Good breakfast and always enjoy the atmosphere, quiet and laid back hostel. Second time visiting this hostel and wouldn't hesitate to pass by again!

• 7th Nov 2015

Odd place, great host. Would prefer a room with windows :-)

Thank you for you comments. Sorry for don't explain the map for you, but a talk to you I went to the hospital and back late, but I need take care my health. Saludos Francis

Top Hostel that ticks all the boxes, above all the owner treats you like family and makes you feel completely at home, I have rarely been made to feel so welcome!

Thank you very much my friend saludos

Francis is very helpful, his maps are excellent. Rooms are cleaned everyday, wifi works well. It's not a party hostel but a nice place to hang out and relax. Only a 20 min walk to Kennedy park where the free walking tour and bus tours leave from.

We loved our stay here. Francis went out of his way to make us feel comfortable. He offered restaurant advise, gave us incredible maps of the city, helped us with a taxi and our luggage. It's a great location and he even offers bikes for you to use for free if you want. Can't say enough great things about this place. Wish we could have stayed longer!!

Francis was very kind and helped us to organize the next steps of our trip.

• 22nd Oct 2015

If you love food you should stay here. This beautiful hostel is run by Francis. He is a very friendly and will help you organise anything. He has made his own really detailed maps of Lima with all his favourite restaurants. He Recommended 40 for our two day stay. The ones we tried were great. The hostel is in a safe part of Lima - so if your first stop is Lima and your Spanish is non existent, stay here.

We only stayed a short night in Miraflores but the hostel was great and Francis was very helpful. My favorite part was Francis let us borrow his bikes to ride around the city and beach walk.

• 10th Oct 2015