Miraflores House Reviews

Av. Comandante Espinar, 611 Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I stayed there only one night becuz i had to move to another city. But the staff helped me a lot in sightseeing of lima and he was sooooooooooo kind! The room was very good and beautiful!

Frances is a sweetheart. By far the nicest hostel operator I have ever met, and he treats all his guests like family by spending time with them, making breakfast and just being an overall great source of information when needed. 100% would recommend this place to anyone.

• 27th Jun 2014

Great hostel! Clean, large, comfortable rooms with hot showers! Francis is so helpful. You will get a map which he color-codes all roads, restaurants, landmarks, etc! It was a bit overwhelming, but none the less very helpful! One of the best hostels!

Francis knows the best restaurants in town. Thanks.

Great little find. The carpets are a tad musty but there are proper hotels elsewhere if that bother you.

• 1st Jun 2014

I loved staying at the Miraflores House, such a great experience and Francis was really, really nice!

Francis is amazing!!!!! Such hospitality and he provided a wonderful environment. We booked with him last minute due to our first hostel giving away our reservation, which was a blessing in disguise. Francis makes you feel at home, he is always helpful and friendly. Lorraina, who is his helper, was so diligent in cleaning everything every day. If you want a wonderful experience in Lima definitely book with Francis. We can't say enough great things about him or his hostel.

Fantastic place! Very secure and they give you advise on which taxi firm to get to the hostel from the airport - take their advice on this one! I arrived very early (delayed flight) and the taxi firm stayed with me until I got into the hostel. Francis (owner / manager) is really helpful and happy to share information / recommendations about where to go, what to do etc. Room was clean, tidy (single room), bed was comfy, room was cleaned daily. Nice & quiet! Have already recommended to others!

Lovely staff and interesting building, but it is very old and in places, desperate need of a refurbish. I didn't do my homework (last minute booking) and did not realise this is nowhere near the centre of Lima.

My dear friend I know you come from another hostel close the downtown the Lima and you made your Review about these another hostel because we are in Miraflores about 30 minutes to downtown I hope you can see your mistake, because before you leave talk to the great service we made it here saludos Francis

Francis is the best hostel manager we have ever met (and we have met many). Francis simply adores his job and that is obvious when you meet him. He will sit with you and show you a map of Lima and articulate the best places to eat, the prices you should pay for cabs and ways to get around. He made us love Lima and we are returning soon. The hostel is the cleanest I have ever seen with comfy beds, clean showers and bathrooms, a very hygienic kitchen and brilliant staff. We love this place!!!!!

We had a wonderful time at this hostel. The host is an amazing friendly older gentleman who made us feel welcomed and relaxed. The beds were soooooo comfortable. This was the last day of our 10 day trip and I appreciated the plushy pillows very very much. The common area has a ton of movies and random gadgets you can play with. Overall very happy with our stay!

• 6th Apr 2014

Thank you very much my friend maybe could be the last review we will have because we close the hostel, for City Hall motive, and well can not made nothing more, I hope everybody read these last letter from me, I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CHOOSE US LIKE IN PERU, I AM REALLY SAID BECAUSE NEVER WILL MADE THE SAME WORK AND MY HEART IS REALLY BROKEN, BUT IT´S THE LIFE BY BY

Excellent security and excellent staff, they give all the informent you need and they are always here to support. They reply your email very fast, that makes you feel safe, absolutely will come again if I come back to Lima.

Francis is like the best hostel guy I met so far! He explains everything so great and his plans of the town are legendary! Especially a good starting point for a trip through Peru.

• 1st Apr 2014

Julius, the owner, is a delight. The place is also very well equipped with a nice, spacious kitchen, clean facilities, and FAST internet. Best place we stayed in all of Lima.

This Hostel was the best! Francis, and all the staff were incredible, always taking the time to help you out and give you information when needed. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the location was great! Francis made sure you knew the best palces to go, eat, how to get there and what to pay!

The Photos on Hostelbookers are flattering for a hostel that feels very basic & with Cardboard style walls to the rooms. Our private en-suite was lit by a large fluorescent (kitchen style) lamp & the bathroom was very basic & badly designed. I was unable stand upright properly when urinating and the room was infested with ants. Yes, the location is great, we had a TV & yes, the staff were friendly & helpful but this hostel desperately needs an overhaul of it's cluttered and piecemeal design.

Thank you for your comment and advice I will write a sign for the guest don´t eat inside of the rooms,that is the problem, because our rooms are really clean. About the bathroom if you see the tube is short for you why you don´t asking for change the room, sometimes the problem is no comunications, because we always ear to the guest, you are the reason we work, but we don´t have a crystal bowl to see you, anyway we take care after you say the comment to our overnight worker and we fixed

This is a great little hostel conveniently located in Mireflores. If you're looking to stay in Lima for a few days, this is the perfect spot. Francis is fantastic and will give you a complete overview of everything you can do an see in Lima with a really cool map he has created. The facility is very quite and the people are great!

Good place, and Francis is a good guy who can give you many advices for your visit in Lima.

Nice and cozy place, and a friendly, chatty owner. Still, in my opinion, the hostel is a bit overpriced. Many of the things it offers as extras were not important to me (like the mass of musical instruments, which nobody ever seems to use, or extra ham and cheese for breakfast), but some things which were important to me were not so great - no fruit juice for breakfast, dark, musty and tiny room, extremely cramped bathroom. An ok hostel, but even in Lima you can find better for that money.

Thank very much for your comment, but always I answer to myself, why some friends dont open the courtins, long time ago we give a coffe tea and milk plus bread olives, ham and cheese we never offer a juice if you read in our web site. the maps we teach you in twenty minutes cut your reserch to go differents places no body make a maps like us for free, you need buy a book and read a lot to made it, thats is no important for you my friend? Its a lot the friends play instruments too saludos