Miss Sophie's Reviews

Melounova 2-3, Prague, Czech Republic

One of the nicest hostels I have stayed in, rooms are so funky and the breakfast is worth every penny! Can't praise this place enough!

• 17th Jan 2015

We really loved this hostel! The room was very nicely decorated and very comfy. The staff was always very helpful and nice as well! The breakfast was really good!

It is a nice place to stay! It is possible to walk all sightseeing by foot even though it is a bit more distance (e.g. 30min to old town).

• 3rd Jan 2015

The staff were AMAZING! Stayed at a dozen different hostels around Europe and the staff all round were exceptional. The place is new and quite classy. Stayed in Rm 1 and I really liked the bathroom design (random I know). Felt like a fancy hotel. The place is over 2 buildings when I was there. I found if you wanted to meet people and have a drink, best thing was to hang around the reception area at around 6-8pm. Meet a few people there that I ended up hanging with over the next few days.

The staffs were great, they could provide you the best infos and tips in no time. Unfourtunately they were building the bar so we couldnt met many people coz it was just your own room for social interactions. We were sharing one bathroom with 16 persons and that was really complicated sometimes, althought i consider the beds and bedrooms the best comparing even to good hotels, also a nice, clean and equipped kitchen. They are also close to a tram and metro station that takes you anywhere.

• 30th Dec 2014

very good hostel should only have a more vibrant atmosphere!

A little far away from the city, but close to the IP PAVLOVA metro station which makes it easy to go the city center, bus station or airport. The staff was really kind, and helped us out with indications and great places to eat and visit. As we've been there during new year's time, there wasn't much atmosphere at the hostel, but we infer that's because everybody was partying. The kitchen was very well equipped, and all there's a nice bar downstairs.

Best hostel ever. Great activities to keep you busy - free tour was awesome

Hostel was a not good. - After 10h travel we had to wait 15min, even there were only 2 person before us. - Pillow were incredible uncomfortable => we had to use the towels as pillow - there was no curtain at the window => neighbour appartments could see our room/bed - shower knows only super hot and super cold => we showered always switching between them and use the 5 sec in between when it was ok - there was a weird smell in the toilet that really pissed me of

Very Nice hostel. Bathroom smelled a bit but was very tidy and clean. The breakfast was really good! Perfect location, not in the center so not to many tourists and still very close to everyrhinf

Bit out of the way from the main tourist attractions but that was fine as public transport was near and convenient. Hostel was amazing and facilities were superb - very similar to staying at a high end hotel. Didn't try the buffet breakfast though.

Loved!! Only downfall was the location it was easy to find but a female alone may feel abit weird walking down the small road at night other than that it was like a 5* hotel for the amount I paid...amazing and have already recommended to others

The private rooms and staff are awesome.

Fantastic breakfast!

Loved it, thanks!

Staff at front desk is average to good depending on who is behind the counter. One girl had different attitude toward guests depending on gender, I come to notice: in the smile and greetings department. Cleaning crew does an outstanding job on a daily basis. Thank you very much to all of the ladies. This place is great and much effort is placed toward the client satisfaction. On my 9 nights stay, I only came across nice people (koreans, german), but with one inconsiderate american, oh my!

Not great for meeting fellow travelers outside of your own dorm. There are other hostels that are closer to more exciting parts of the city. Not all bad but wouldn't stay again as a solo traveler.

This hostel was a pretty decent place to stay for the amount of money that you pay. I was in a jam, and luckily they were available. Miss Sophie's was more like a real dorm setting, and atmosphere was a little dry and uninviting, but it was mostly the people. It was just hard to meet people in that space. The breakfast was good, about 8 euros I believe. Good way to start the day. I think if you need to get a place fast, Miss Sophie's is the way to go.

My stay at Miss Sophie's was wonderful! Most of the staff were very helpful and their morning breakfast was amazing! I would tell anyone who goes to Prague to stay at Miss Sophie's!

I loved this hostel. It was so clean and modern. It was more like renting an apartment, but that suited me for the night I spent there. It doesn't have a common space, but each room has an ensuite modern bathroom and kitchen. Also in the basement they make a great breakfast. I would stay here again.