Mission Beach Retreat YHA Reviews

49 Porters Promenade, Mission Beach, Australia

My stay here was great. The hostel is in a fantastic location, pretty much right on Mission Beach (just a few seconds down a little garden path and you're on the beach.) There are a few lovely bars, shops and cafés next to it. The hostel is very pleasant with a nice homely feel. The place is kept clean and tidy, and the staff are helpful and make you feel welcome. I have now stayed here twice, and I would definitely stay here again. I would recommend it to anyone. :) :)

• 22nd Jul 2014

This was one of the best hostels ive stayed in during my trip in australia! The owners were really friendly and even gave is a blanket when we where watching tv so we would be cold!

• 3rd Jul 2014

The hostel itself was lovely, very spacious, clean and amazing bathroom. However, felt very un-welcomed by other guests who temporarily lived there. Was a shame, ruined a perfectly good hostel.

Very friendly and helpful..

This is the best hostel ever!! The free bus picked me up from the greyhound stop and brought us to the centre of mission beach. 60 Seconds from the beach! The room was fantastic, the staff were great!!! The room was cheap and the bar down the road does $10 backpackers meals. I was given a free lift to Woolworths and we had a movie night, made some great friends with the staff and other backpackers. Was a great Atmosphere! Was so clean for a hostel!!

• 2nd May 2014

Nice place to stay. Beach is maybe 100 or 150 meters away. Big kitchen and a very cool pool.

Small hostel, not much to do, 1 night was enough for us would have been bored any longer. Wifi is expensive! It should be free as there is nothing else to do. It seemed fairly clean but there was an awful smell in our room, if we stayed any longer then a night then we would have asked to move. Location is good and pool was nice. Ok if your passing through but I would not stay here too long. Was expecting better from the reviews I read.

It's the only hostel "in the city". But to be honest there is nothing to do in mission beach, we just stayed there because of a skydive!

• 15th Mar 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights, it's a really cool, chilled out hostel, positioned literally on the beach which is awesome. They also have two TV's which is great and the internet and kitchen are good as well. Would definitely recommend staying here if you to relax!

View all Mission Beach Hostels