Mission Beach Retreat YHA Reviews

49 Porters Promenade, Mission Beach, Australia

First of all: People go to Mission Beach for two things: Skydiving or Rafting. If you're not planning to do either of those then you might skip Mission altogether. But this is nothing the hostel can do anything about and they are good in advertising a lot of things to do else(where) and also are located directly at the beach, which is nice.

Nice hostel! Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Rooms were clean and there was enough space for your stuff.

I loved my stay at this hostel. It's so close to the beach and the atmosphere in this hostel is amazing!! We had a bonfire at the beach that was so great. Also very nice, helpful and lovely stuff. Thank you for the nice stay!!

One of the most friendly and helpful hostels ever, everyone is so welcoming and help, and on the beach pretty much. The staff make this place what it is Great.

• 3rd Sep 2014

My stay here was great. The hostel is in a fantastic location, pretty much right on Mission Beach (just a few seconds down a little garden path and you're on the beach.) There are a few lovely bars, shops and cafés next to it. The hostel is very pleasant with a nice homely feel. The place is kept clean and tidy, and the staff are helpful and make you feel welcome. I have now stayed here twice, and I would definitely stay here again. I would recommend it to anyone. :) :)

• 22nd Jul 2014

This was one of the best hostels ive stayed in during my trip in australia! The owners were really friendly and even gave is a blanket when we where watching tv so we would be cold!

• 3rd Jul 2014

The hostel itself was lovely, very spacious, clean and amazing bathroom. However, felt very un-welcomed by other guests who temporarily lived there. Was a shame, ruined a perfectly good hostel.

Very friendly and helpful..

This is the best hostel ever!! The free bus picked me up from the greyhound stop and brought us to the centre of mission beach. 60 Seconds from the beach! The room was fantastic, the staff were great!!! The room was cheap and the bar down the road does $10 backpackers meals. I was given a free lift to Woolworths and we had a movie night, made some great friends with the staff and other backpackers. Was a great Atmosphere! Was so clean for a hostel!!

• 2nd May 2014