Misty Woods Reviews

44/3,Jogibara Road, Mcleodganj, Dharamsala, India

Our room did not have a duplicate key, which I found extremely unprofessional, so our room way never cleaned for then entire week long duration of our stay. The bed was not a bed, but rather a wooden plank with a blanket over it. I have never had such an uncomfortable bed in a hotel like this before, and trust me I was not expecting much. Since there wasn't a second key I felt that my items in the room were extremely safe, because not even the hotel staff would have been able to get in.

We had a wonderful stay at Misty Woods. The staff were very friendly and really helpful, providing lots of information on activities in the town. The rooms were a good size (certainly for the price) and very clean with a decent hot shower. Although there is a roof terrace it doesn't seem that people use it all that often. There's a nice friendly atmosphere but not much space to socialise with other travellers. The location was perfect.

Great people ... felt like home! Very recommendable!

I enjoyed my short time at Misty Woods, the staff was very helpful with any questions I had about the area. My room was nice, and the wifi was good. But I later learned the prices are a little much for a place with no breakfast. Regardless, it was a good place to start and learn about the area, and the view from the roof is great!

Not the greatest hotel in McLeod, but there's something about the place that makes it a great place to stay. My room was small but cheerful with a big window that looked out on the hillside. I could have opted for a larger room on a higher floor (I was in room 202) but as it was VERY cold, I chose to stay where I was since the electric heater was just adequate to make the room bearable. The electric blanket was also a HUGE help at night. And there was plenty of hot water in the shower.

• 14th Feb 2014