Mithila Hotel Reviews

972 Sutter Street, San Francisco, USA

We had a four bed room for the three of us. Myself and two teenage children. The location we very good, easy walking to all the tourist highlights. The hotel is no frills, but was a great price. The rook was fine, very clean and in good order. The staff were more than helpful. They printed off some travel documents I needed and were helpful with information. We spent three nights here. Just opposite was "Thad's Cosy Cafe" which was a good spot for breakfast. Two doors away was a small store.

• 13th Jul 2015

Friendly and accommodating staff. WiFi worked most of the time but not always. Outdated but clean rooms and bath. Slight musty smell in hallway and in room.

• 24th Jun 2015

Very friendly and helpful receptionist. We had 3 of us sharing the one room which was a bit cramped.

We only stayed one night but I thought it was great value and really cool. LOVE the elevator! Love staying in a neighborhood with character. The guy who checked us in was friendly, parking was handy and there was coffee available in the morning. What else do you need?

Crappy cheap hotel in a gross part of the city. Not much they can do about it except reinvest I suppose but good place to stay and I'm glad I didn't have to pay SF realia state costs bc I didn't really want to.

We stayed first two nights in a room with double bed and shared bathroom. Unfortunately our room was in the 4th floor but the (only one!) restroom and (only one really small) shower were located at the end of the 3rd floor. But thanks to the friendly staff we could easily upgrade our booking and eventually stayed last two nights in a room with double bed and private bathroom.result: definitely worth to spend 15$ per night more for private bathroom!

Hostels almost by definition can be great or not much. This one was closer to not so much but definately not the worst in my experience.

Staff were rude. Rooms were tiny.There is a very noisy pub on the corner. Perfect if you want a night to crash in the city, but for more than one night it is uncomfortable. Bathrooms are tiny.

• 29th Oct 2014

Simple and convenient rooms. Classic guest house style, no more and no less.

• 20th Oct 2014

Amazing location, just a short walk to the square. The staff were SO nice. On our last day we had several downtown activities planned and the hotel watched our luggage behind the desk. We had a room with a private bath. Several windows facing the street, it was a little bit noisy, however I believe this is a reality of a downtown location. Very clean room. For the price this place is perfect. I'm a budget traveler typically. Next time I'm in San Fran I will for sure be booking here! Thanks! :)

• 9th Oct 2014

Ok...the hotel is a little dingy but the rooms are well proportioned and immaculately clean. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the location was brilliant. Only five minutes away from union Square. Good value for money.

• 18th Aug 2014

All good!

Good hotel close to the center with friendly staff. The rooms could have been cleaner, but it was adequate.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Hotel was very dirty from reception to bedroom to bathroom, price included free ants. Window broken, door broken. After discussion with reception we were moved to another room, equally as dirty but nothing broken. We said we were not staying but as we had arrived on the night booked we would have lost our $75 . We stayed but hated every second in the hotel. Location was the only good thing, 6 blocks from Union square. We will not be staying again.

worst hotel i have ever been. The additional bed was the worst bed i've ever slept on! Don't go to sleep in mithila!

• 6th Nov 2013

It's not like they do false advertising -- it's just a no-frills place, and that's what you get.

great value for your money. Excellent location. Safe and secure with clean beds. Would definitely stay there again!

• 28th Aug 2013

Breakfast bad, location good, staff helpfull, the information on Hostelworld.com not trustfull.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Slovakia

I wanted to cancel my reservation and I thought I was only going to lose my $20 deposit hold. I did not read the fine print and was charge $98 for not calling to cancel. So I decided to stay, rather than giving away my money. I wanted to cancel because I read a review about the place being noisy and I am really sensitive to noise, but it turned that it is SUPER quiet; extremely quiet. I had to turn the fan in the bathroom just to have some white noise in the background. My stay was very pleasant

• 19th Jul 2013