Mithila Hotel Reviews

972 Sutter Street, San Francisco, USA

Good hotel close to the center with friendly staff. The rooms could have been cleaner, but it was adequate.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Hotel was very dirty from reception to bedroom to bathroom, price included free ants. Window broken, door broken. After discussion with reception we were moved to another room, equally as dirty but nothing broken. We said we were not staying but as we had arrived on the night booked we would have lost our $75 . We stayed but hated every second in the hotel. Location was the only good thing, 6 blocks from Union square. We will not be staying again.

worst hotel i have ever been. The additional bed was the worst bed i've ever slept on! Don't go to sleep in mithila!

• 6th Nov 2013

It's not like they do false advertising -- it's just a no-frills place, and that's what you get.

great value for your money. Excellent location. Safe and secure with clean beds. Would definitely stay there again!

• 28th Aug 2013

Breakfast bad, location good, staff helpfull, the information on Hostelworld.com not trustfull.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Slovakia

I wanted to cancel my reservation and I thought I was only going to lose my $20 deposit hold. I did not read the fine print and was charge $98 for not calling to cancel. So I decided to stay, rather than giving away my money. I wanted to cancel because I read a review about the place being noisy and I am really sensitive to noise, but it turned that it is SUPER quiet; extremely quiet. I had to turn the fan in the bathroom just to have some white noise in the background. My stay was very pleasant

• 19th Jul 2013
  • Puerto Rico

Rooms need a facelift

Odd smell at the entrance... but clean no bugs etc. Good location.

If your not trying to spend a lot of time at your hotel this place is perfect. It's old but clean and quite and at a fair price. No frills or extras.

A reasonable location near market street, surrounded by good, cheap places to eat and drink. Close to the cable cars and buses. Neighbourhood is full of groups of homeless people and alcoholics unfortunately, who can sometimes get a bit aggressive. Hotel staffed by friendly people, but feels musty and in need of renovation. We stayed in an economy room and the shared bathroom was very far away in the opposite corner of the building. Free breakfast was lacking, just pastries and mini muffins.

Staff were sullen and unhelpful, room dirty with holes and stains on sheets and bed linen. Bathroom filthy when we arrived and basin sink blocked. Whole hotel stank of stale smoke. location ok but on the edge of rough area, but close to some good bars. Would not stay here again and i think for the same price or $10 more you could get a much nicer place to stay.

Like stepping back in time (or into your grandma's house) and the room was hilariously bad (yeah, the radiator even made gurgling sounds then leaked all over the floor). Breakfast was better than no breakfast and the staff were nice, especially the cute indian girl that told me about buses Due to the cost and decent location (we walked to most places except golden gate & height ashbusy), we really didn't care about the tv being stuck on one channel etc. I would even stay again - it's a good base

do not count on their Breakfast. It is almost as if it doesn't exist. Besides they will treatened to cancel your reservation if you dont send a credit card number and hostelword will simple ignore your complain about it.

Some of the power points didn't work, and the ones that did were under the bed. we had to ask for the heat to be turned on each night, which we thought was odd for the middle of winter. The shower was a bit temperamental too. But aside from that it was great. Good location, handy to transport and union square. The free breakfast was handy too.

Not the fanciest hotel, but it's a great place to stay if you're not planning on staying in your hotel room the whole time. A little outdated, but the sheets and bathrooms are clean (second time staying here this year, haven't noticed anything). It's very close to anything you'll want to do and if it's not close enough to walk there are plenty of bus stops. Anything else in this neighborhood will be way more expensive. Definitely worth the price.

This hostel is great located and it's very clean. we enjoyed our stay there very much! Close bars, pubs, union square and cable car!

The staff were very welcoming and accommodating along with the atmosphere. I felt very safe and at home. Oatmeal, coffee and pastries were provided in the morning which was a plus. Overall, I would recommend this hotel/hostel if you are trying to stay in San Francisco at a cheap price. There are a couple of nice cafes, and restaurants nearby, which I highly recommend.

• 30th Nov 2012

Not fancy but with nice people, very good located and clean.

The hotel is centrally located. The breakfast is average: coffee or tea, two kinds of muffins, another pastry and that's it. I mean, enough to get you a head start. The guy at the front desk is friendly, and he does your check in pretty quickly. I liked my stay in this hostel, and would definitely stay there again. Good value for the money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3