Mitraa Backpackers Inn Reviews

531, Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

Great location close to the shopping mall and train station. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. Not really much of a place to meet other travellers but then it did say on the website it's family friendly and my friend and I just wanted a cheap place to put our heads down at night so it was fine for us. It ticked all the other boxes though and if I was just up for a relaxed few days then I'd stay here again. Overall we were happy with it and felt it was good value for money.

Well, we stayed there for 1 night. They were very accomodating and nice. The only issue was the smell of the toilet. It was bad.. great thing I brought detergent. I used the hot water to clean the toilet. This is a nice place for budget travellers...:D

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Philippines

no window for girl's dorm, which was not mentioned in the description. also no reading lamp provided in such dorm.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • China

I spent 6 days at Mitraa Inn. I have been to many hostels so far, but none of them made me feel so welcome and at home as this place. The staff were great with helping figuring out plans. The best thing about this hostel is the economic price. Nice Place !

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

The location was good, the facilities and staff too. We felt more in a budget hotel than in a hostel. Recommended.

Hostel is clean, well located and staff helfpul. Only gripe was we are travelling with our 4 yr old and made a booking via hostelword for a triple room. Prior to checking in I asked to see the room we'd been sleeping in, to check it was clean and suitable for a child etc before handing over 300 singaporean dollars, my request was initially declined and i had to push quite hard to see the room. It was until anohter guest intervened that I was shown the room.

the staff are nice and friendly and my room is really clean. Further, the location is quite convenient since it takes less than 5 minute - walking to the subway station. The atmosphere makes me fell relaxed. Breakfast there is also quite good

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

I was expecting more of a hostel environment, but it is just a budget hotel. Also, if you would like to meet other travelers this is not the place to stay since their common area is so small and uninviting. While I was there the place was overrun with a school group of ~12 year-old children.

Friendly/helpful staff, clean rooms w/ comfortable beds, bathrooms w/ good showers. For breakfast there are eggs/fruit as well as the standard toast. It's outside the main part of Little India and although there are some bars nearby, it was quiet. A little more attention to detail would be nice (e.g. no toilet paper in the nearest toilet for days). Also not sure why our private room is described as "deluxe" - nothing wrong with it but it's just the standard Singaporean bunkbed deal.

Only 3 outlets in an 8-bed dorm...that didn't work too well. Besides that, clean and comfortable.

When we arrived there were no other guests there, except a few doctors who seemed to live there. I was worried about the security of the place and the fact that there did not appear to be any travelers there. We went to the room, no windows, the two older men in the room left when we arrived and they were the only people we saw. I was not convinced by the security... 1234 for the door.... we left and asked for our money back. They did refund us the full amount but we did not feel comfy at all!

We enjoyed our stay at Mitraa, the room was clean and the atmosphere in the whole hostel was nice. We felt secured and safe. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They provided us with useful information for how to travel and what to visit in Singapore. Mitraa Inn also offered us reduced prices on mostly all of the tourist attractions entrance fees which of course is a great advantage for us tourists that would like to visit many places!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The daytime staff members, including one of the cleaners, were very friendly and helpful. The night time staff member was not very courteous though. He came into our room at midnight, turned on the lights and asked us which beds were available for a new traveler who had just checked in. Unacceptable. Only 3 out of 8 of the lockers worked in the room and there were only two outlets available for 8 people to use. The room was pretty bland but the bed was comfortable. Would stay here again.

Nice and helpful staff. Safe and clean.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • China

100% GREAT.....

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Staff was personable and professional. The building is clean, beds are big and comfortable. The breakfast is superb.

Just more than satisfied!

By far, Mitraa Inn is one of the best hostels I've been to. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly and are quick to respond to requests and complaints. Special thanks to Sriram & Sebastian. I checked out at 11am and could store my stuff till 9 pm when I was allowed to take a last shower as well. I really appreciated the free wifi which was efficient. Mitraa offers discounts on other local tourist attractions for it's guests. Definitely a nice place to stay !!

• 2nd Jun 2014