Mitraa Backpackers Inn Reviews

531, Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

Well, we stayed there for 1 night. They were very accomodating and nice. The only issue was the smell of the toilet. It was bad.. great thing I brought detergent. I used the hot water to clean the toilet. This is a nice place for budget travellers...:D

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Philippines

no window for girl's dorm, which was not mentioned in the description. also no reading lamp provided in such dorm.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • China

I spent 6 days at Mitraa Inn. I have been to many hostels so far, but none of them made me feel so welcome and at home as this place. The staff were great with helping figuring out plans. The best thing about this hostel is the economic price. Nice Place !

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

The location was good, the facilities and staff too. We felt more in a budget hotel than in a hostel. Recommended.

Hostel is clean, well located and staff helfpul. Only gripe was we are travelling with our 4 yr old and made a booking via hostelword for a triple room. Prior to checking in I asked to see the room we'd been sleeping in, to check it was clean and suitable for a child etc before handing over 300 singaporean dollars, my request was initially declined and i had to push quite hard to see the room. It was until anohter guest intervened that I was shown the room.

the staff are nice and friendly and my room is really clean. Further, the location is quite convenient since it takes less than 5 minute - walking to the subway station. The atmosphere makes me fell relaxed. Breakfast there is also quite good

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

I was expecting more of a hostel environment, but it is just a budget hotel. Also, if you would like to meet other travelers this is not the place to stay since their common area is so small and uninviting. While I was there the place was overrun with a school group of ~12 year-old children.

Friendly/helpful staff, clean rooms w/ comfortable beds, bathrooms w/ good showers. For breakfast there are eggs/fruit as well as the standard toast. It's outside the main part of Little India and although there are some bars nearby, it was quiet. A little more attention to detail would be nice (e.g. no toilet paper in the nearest toilet for days). Also not sure why our private room is described as "deluxe" - nothing wrong with it but it's just the standard Singaporean bunkbed deal.

Only 3 outlets in an 8-bed dorm...that didn't work too well. Besides that, clean and comfortable.

When we arrived there were no other guests there, except a few doctors who seemed to live there. I was worried about the security of the place and the fact that there did not appear to be any travelers there. We went to the room, no windows, the two older men in the room left when we arrived and they were the only people we saw. I was not convinced by the security... 1234 for the door.... we left and asked for our money back. They did refund us the full amount but we did not feel comfy at all!

We enjoyed our stay at Mitraa, the room was clean and the atmosphere in the whole hostel was nice. We felt secured and safe. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They provided us with useful information for how to travel and what to visit in Singapore. Mitraa Inn also offered us reduced prices on mostly all of the tourist attractions entrance fees which of course is a great advantage for us tourists that would like to visit many places!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The daytime staff members, including one of the cleaners, were very friendly and helpful. The night time staff member was not very courteous though. He came into our room at midnight, turned on the lights and asked us which beds were available for a new traveler who had just checked in. Unacceptable. Only 3 out of 8 of the lockers worked in the room and there were only two outlets available for 8 people to use. The room was pretty bland but the bed was comfortable. Would stay here again.

Nice and helpful staff. Safe and clean.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • China

100% GREAT.....

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Staff was personable and professional. The building is clean, beds are big and comfortable. The breakfast is superb.

Just more than satisfied!

By far, Mitraa Inn is one of the best hostels I've been to. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly and are quick to respond to requests and complaints. Special thanks to Sriram & Sebastian. I checked out at 11am and could store my stuff till 9 pm when I was allowed to take a last shower as well. I really appreciated the free wifi which was efficient. Mitraa offers discounts on other local tourist attractions for it's guests. Definitely a nice place to stay !!

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Decent place to stay but not great for meeting other travelers (if you're traveling alone)' or location. There is more going on in Chinatown / Clarke quay areas. If you want to go out to bars in Clarke quay the train shuts down at midnight so you will need to taxi back. Relatively friendly staff but can give some misleading info (ex. to get to the night safari it's much quicker to take train then bus rather than bus to another bus). Good breakfast / security as there were lockers in room

• 14th May 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience at Mitraa Inn. We would like to extend our sincere apologies if there was any mis-understanding on the transportation mode advised. For your kind info, a bus stop is situated right in-front of Mitraa Inn. Travelling by bus takes shorter travelling time to reach Zoo from our hostel, rather than MRT. Besides, we are located in a rich heritage district surrounded by some of the beautiful temples of Singapore. Our apologies for any inconvenience encountered.

Great hostel with ideal location close to the metro station. The staff were extremely friendly and we're willing to do anything to help. Definitely recommend

Very nice and comfortable hostel in a good location; walking distance to Farrer Park MRT and a bus stop in front of the hostel. Super friendly staff welcomes you on arrival and gives all the info you can possibly want and need. Good size bed, lockers to store your things and rooms with ensuite and these are very clean. Well working Wifi inside the room.

• 1st May 2014