Mitraa Backpackers Inn Reviews

531, Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

For me very enjoyed to stay there. Felt so homey and especially the staffs are very friendly. Very clean and perfectly located in Little india area. I recommend this hostel and sure will stay there next time!

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Given the number of bedrooms, given that most of the rooms did not have windows, the communal facilities were totally inadequate. We stayed 4 nights and on only one occasion was the room bin emptied. No linen and towels changed, Although it was not the fault of the hostel it was so very noisy due to the Karaoke bars and night club that they have as their immediate neighbours. 3am every night with loud music. Sorry but not worth the money and could not recommend.

The staff were very accommodating especially Sam. The location was great because the Inn was just in front of the bus stop. If you are a wise shopper you must try Mustafa Center because it is very near the hostel. If you want food you can just walk short to The City Square Mall. The place is also near Singapore Flyers and other attractions like Indian Temple

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

There where never coins for the wash machine .and in the dorm room the bathroom is with a open door connected to the sleeping room so it's very noisy,you can hear all.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

great and helpful staff, awesome location in the middle of Little India district and 5-minute walk from MRT station. Safe and clean too!

Great location close to the shopping mall and train station. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. Not really much of a place to meet other travellers but then it did say on the website it's family friendly and my friend and I just wanted a cheap place to put our heads down at night so it was fine for us. It ticked all the other boxes though and if I was just up for a relaxed few days then I'd stay here again. Overall we were happy with it and felt it was good value for money.

Well, we stayed there for 1 night. They were very accomodating and nice. The only issue was the smell of the toilet. It was bad.. great thing I brought detergent. I used the hot water to clean the toilet. This is a nice place for budget travellers...:D

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Philippines

no window for girl's dorm, which was not mentioned in the description. also no reading lamp provided in such dorm.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • China

great location. helpful staff

I spent 6 days at Mitraa Inn. I have been to many hostels so far, but none of them made me feel so welcome and at home as this place. The staff were great with helping figuring out plans. The best thing about this hostel is the economic price. Nice Place !

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

The location was good, the facilities and staff too. We felt more in a budget hotel than in a hostel. Recommended.

Hostel is clean, well located and staff helfpul. Only gripe was we are travelling with our 4 yr old and made a booking via hostelword for a triple room. Prior to checking in I asked to see the room we'd been sleeping in, to check it was clean and suitable for a child etc before handing over 300 singaporean dollars, my request was initially declined and i had to push quite hard to see the room. It was until anohter guest intervened that I was shown the room.

the staff are nice and friendly and my room is really clean. Further, the location is quite convenient since it takes less than 5 minute - walking to the subway station. The atmosphere makes me fell relaxed. Breakfast there is also quite good

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

I was expecting more of a hostel environment, but it is just a budget hotel. Also, if you would like to meet other travelers this is not the place to stay since their common area is so small and uninviting. While I was there the place was overrun with a school group of ~12 year-old children.

Friendly/helpful staff, clean rooms w/ comfortable beds, bathrooms w/ good showers. For breakfast there are eggs/fruit as well as the standard toast. It's outside the main part of Little India and although there are some bars nearby, it was quiet. A little more attention to detail would be nice (e.g. no toilet paper in the nearest toilet for days). Also not sure why our private room is described as "deluxe" - nothing wrong with it but it's just the standard Singaporean bunkbed deal.

Only 3 outlets in an 8-bed dorm...that didn't work too well. Besides that, clean and comfortable.