Moa Backpackers - Campeche Reviews

Rua Caminho do Engenho (Julia Maria da Rocha), N° 4 - Campeche - Rio Tavares, Florianopolis, Brazil

This is an amazing hostel! I´ve stayed at many hostels and I can safely say that this is one of the best I´ve stayed at. The staff is really friendly and they help you with anything you need. It might seem a bit far from the beach, but it´s only 15 minutes of walking. The bus stop towards the bus terminal and anywhere else you need to go is only 2 minutes away. We had such a great time here and I would recommend anyone going to Floripa to stay at this hostel! Thanks MOA for an awesome stay!

Great hostel. Small enough that everyone hangs out so good for meeting people. Location okay- near a beach and easy bus-ride to the nearest centre, Lagoa. There are a couple of v good restaurants and a bakery plus the hostel has a bar. Single lady travellers beware a staff member called Julio. He doesn't like rejection and will find a way to make you pay (money) for the privilege! (It discovered it happened to a girl who stayed just before me!) Don't let this put you off - still a great hostel.

OK place for a few nights.

For a relaxing chilled out location, near beaches with welcoming

Relaxing atmosphere with great outdoor area, bar and pool. It was clean and breakfast was good. Staff were so lovely, friendly and helpful. They made it feel like home and we didn't want to leave! The boys that work there are cute too!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Good: Excellent staff - friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Location is a bit out of the way, taxis don't pass often, but buses make the situation manageable when they're running. Swimming pool. Good atmosphere. Good breakfast. Clean. Bad: Lockers too small to hold most bags, and no locks are provided. Wi-fi available but only 1 computer for public use.

Amazing STAFF!!!!!! SO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND

We stayed at Moa a few weeks back and loved our stay. Gustavo and Bruno are amazing hosts that have an endless amount of knowledge of the area and very willing to help also giving great suggestions on what to do. The hostel itself has a great vibe with an awesome swimming pool and bar. If we were back in Floripa we would definitely stay again. It is in a good location, close to the beach and really great bakery just around the corner!

Took me a while to find from the bus station; once I did I Enjoyed my stay here. Very relaxed. Cheap and relatively close to amenities. Staff and other hostel guests both made it a good experience. Pool is always kept clean here aswell.

My boyfriend and I booked 1 week to chill at Moa Backpackers in Campeche and we loved it so much we stayed for 2 weeks! Swimming pool, bar, comfy beds, kitchen, short walk to beach,buses,amazing people and the best staff ever! We had bbq's, pool parties, beach parties, we went trekking, exploring and dancing! Gustavo and Bruno are the best hosts and make you feel so at home, we were like one big family! The Hostel is spotless and the breakfast is great - Book this hostel now! CAIPIRINHA TIME! :)

• 21st Jan 2014

It's a exelent hostal if you are looking party and good enviroment. the staff is really good and fine. You can test the best caipirinas of brazil and bay many beer inside hostal. The good thing is the pool because the hot weather is so hard in floripa and you need water all a time. the best hostal very recomended,

The hostel is amazing, not very crowded, friendly people, relaxed atmosphere. Its close to the shops and beaches. Rooms are clean, breakfast is a typical served in brazil. Gustavo and Bruno are very friendly and helpful, but I enjoyed the company of Pedro and Joaquin as well ;). Thanks guys for making my stay in Florianopolis worth remembering. If i ever come back to the island i will definitely stay in this hostel again!

The hostel is one of 3 the best hostels I have ever seen in my backpacking experience in around 15 years. Gustavo the owner is very helpful and he is a bank of information. He has been in many countries and knows what backpackers want and he also speaks Spanish and English very well. The hostel is very clean and organised. The garden is beautiful and it has also a swimming pool. There are a few supermarkets very close to the hostel and bus stop to different places is also near the hostel.

Great staff; Gustavo is really helpful, a nice fun friendly atmosphere. A bit expensive with 5 day min booking, as it was new year. Great time. Hostel is nicely set out, with a bar, gardens, pool. Location is half way between the beach and shops, so you always have to walk a few kms, but the bus stop is really close, so good for visiting other parts of the island. Breakfast was good. It's very hot in the dorms, with only a fan. Would benefit from mosquito nets. Small lockers for personal items.

Such a good vibe, surrounded by nature, hammock, a charming swing on the tree and a great pool (and clean! in fact Gustavo is obsessed with the cleanliness of the pool haha). We felt like staying at some friend's house. Quite a good location and easy to reach by bus. Thanks guys for everything, i hope to see you soon :)

Nice and clean hostel !

• 28th Nov 2013

Excellent staff, friendly and helpfull. Location is excellent if you're a surfer, there are some great surf spots nearby and the guys from the hostel are likely to drop you off at the islands best surfspot.

• 16th Nov 2013