Moafrika Backpackers Reviews

120 Sandham rd, Norton Home Estates, Benoni, Johannesburg, South Africa

From the moment I was greeted at the airport to the moment I was dropped off (airport) Moafrika proved to deliver what it promissed. The receptionist, property magager (Mark), talented team of cooks and Jonathan (bartender) genuinely added to the grand gamut of such unique african adventure. Been to several hotels around the world -- big and small ... Moafrika has provided me with such valuable sense of "Honey, am home...." Thank you guys! :)

Very close to the airport.

Was a really nice stay. The Soweto Night tour was a real experience. And thank you MoAfrika for arranging my Kruger Safari! I didn't want to go!

I really enjoyed myself at the Lodge. The tours was amazing at the Pilansberg that you guys arranged for me! Thank you!!

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Mauritius

It's totally misleading calling thisplaces backpackers..it's not a nice place to stay for backpackers there is nothing around, there are no dorms and the kitchen had no gas by the time we went there. However theonlyway togetinto town is eather with your owncar or aboocked tour whichisquite expensive ifyou are on abudget trip! Ican not recommend theplace to other backpackers, except you looking for aplace tostay close to the airport ! They organise free airport shuttles!

Moafrika was a very comfortable lodge. Staff was really friendly and gave good service. The food was totally divine! Cant wait to go back in October as they arranged a Kruger Safari for me witch will be real awesome!

• 13th Jun 2014

I stayed at MoAfrika Lodge and it was really nice. the staff were extremely accommodating and the food was so nice. They made a very nice bomb fire and i had some local beer from South Africa and it was really good. i will definitely go back there before i go for my Safari that they arranged for me. Multo Obrigado!!!

• 4th Jun 2014

A really great hostel, it is far out of town but for a couple of nights in Johannesburg if you don't want to be right in the city this is a great place to stay. The bar and food were good for the two nights I stayed there. If you were staying longer being nearer to supermarkets or restaurants might be helpful. We all got transfers to the airport and they were on time. We also booked a tour through the hostel and this was a great way to spend the day.

The guy in charge was so lovely, accomedated anything we wanted. Was like a home from home, would definitely recommend Mo Africa.

• 6th May 2014