Moafrika Backpackers Reviews

122 Sandham rd, Norton Home Estates, Benoni, Johannesburg, South Africa

We enjoyed our stay at the place, it would even be nicer with more guests, but it might have been off season. nice spacious rooms, washing machine, swimming pool, pcs. the only downside are the cooking facilities, since we needed to use the restaurant kitchen, because the (small) community kitchen was out of order.

This place is more or less a launching ground for the safari tours that Mo'Afrika runs. It is NOT a good place for backpackers to stay and see a bit of Johannesburg. Getting into town or traveling to see any of the sites (like the Apartheid museum, for example) is quite an ordeal, and can be quite expensive. Because this "lodge" is so far away from the city (and stores, other restaurants, etc.), you need to eat the food that they serve, which, during my brief stay, was not very good.

Love this place. It was perfect for a relaxing layover. Far from the city, but for me that didn't matter! Free airport shuttle is always good!!

From the moment I was greeted at the airport to the moment I was dropped off (airport) Moafrika proved to deliver what it promissed. The receptionist, property magager (Mark), talented team of cooks and Jonathan (bartender) genuinely added to the grand gamut of such unique african adventure. Been to several hotels around the world -- big and small ... Moafrika has provided me with such valuable sense of "Honey, am home...." Thank you guys! :)

Very close to the airport.

Was a really nice stay. The Soweto Night tour was a real experience. And thank you MoAfrika for arranging my Kruger Safari! I didn't want to go!

I really enjoyed myself at the Lodge. The tours was amazing at the Pilansberg that you guys arranged for me! Thank you!!

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Mauritius

It's totally misleading calling thisplaces backpackers..it's not a nice place to stay for backpackers there is nothing around, there are no dorms and the kitchen had no gas by the time we went there. However theonlyway togetinto town is eather with your owncar or aboocked tour whichisquite expensive ifyou are on abudget trip! Ican not recommend theplace to other backpackers, except you looking for aplace tostay close to the airport ! They organise free airport shuttles!

View all Johannesburg Hostels