Moafrika Backpackers Reviews

122 Sandham rd, Norton Home Estates, Benoni, Johannesburg, South Africa

Our double room was roomy, clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was good and cooked to order. The hostel is "out of the way" mainly due to the lack of any public transport but the free shuttle on call solved that. There is ample free parking if you come by car and want a base near Johannesburg. From true backpackers to "seniors" like ourselves the proximity to the airport is a huge advantage. Value for money and helpful staff. We recommend Moafrika.

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This hotel is really far from any shops or restaurants. I felt kind of stranded and my only food option was the hotel's restaurant. The menu was very limited. You had to order at the front desk, then go sit in the very cold dining room. The hours were also not very convenient for me. My room also didn't have a heater, and I was really cold getting ready in the morning.

View all Johannesburg Hostels