Moafrika Backpackers Reviews

120 Sandham rd, Norton Home Estates, Benoni, Johannesburg, South Africa

Very close to the airport.

Was a really nice stay. The Soweto Night tour was a real experience. And thank you MoAfrika for arranging my Kruger Safari! I didn't want to go!

I really enjoyed myself at the Lodge. The tours was amazing at the Pilansberg that you guys arranged for me! Thank you!!

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Mauritius

It's totally misleading calling thisplaces backpackers..it's not a nice place to stay for backpackers there is nothing around, there are no dorms and the kitchen had no gas by the time we went there. However theonlyway togetinto town is eather with your owncar or aboocked tour whichisquite expensive ifyou are on abudget trip! Ican not recommend theplace to other backpackers, except you looking for aplace tostay close to the airport ! They organise free airport shuttles!

Moafrika was a very comfortable lodge. Staff was really friendly and gave good service. The food was totally divine! Cant wait to go back in October as they arranged a Kruger Safari for me witch will be real awesome!

• 13th Jun 2014

I stayed at MoAfrika Lodge and it was really nice. the staff were extremely accommodating and the food was so nice. They made a very nice bomb fire and i had some local beer from South Africa and it was really good. i will definitely go back there before i go for my Safari that they arranged for me. Multo Obrigado!!!

• 4th Jun 2014

A really great hostel, it is far out of town but for a couple of nights in Johannesburg if you don't want to be right in the city this is a great place to stay. The bar and food were good for the two nights I stayed there. If you were staying longer being nearer to supermarkets or restaurants might be helpful. We all got transfers to the airport and they were on time. We also booked a tour through the hostel and this was a great way to spend the day.

The guy in charge was so lovely, accomedated anything we wanted. Was like a home from home, would definitely recommend Mo Africa.

• 6th May 2014

very friendly staff and a nice place to stay!

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

The staff at Moafrica were amazing, really helpful and friendly. The dorm is also really nice with great facilities. The only issue I had with this hostel is that it is in the middle of nowhere, any time you want to leave the guesthouse you must request a taxi and pay quite a price for it because taxis are expensive in Johannesburg. There is not a single store or restaurant within walking distance even. Everything else was great, but the isolation of Moafrica is sometimes problematic.

-really good rooms and fast WiFi

Andrew was available from the time I checked-in to give me a tour to the moment I left on the shuttle back to the airport informing the driver of what my needs were. It was the perfect place to meet others going on safari or traveling through the area. The hostel was very accommodating to my needs while in transit. They also had a quick, responsive manner in dealing with my inquiries. The facility is located on a beautiful stretch of property and the rooms and decor are quite lovely.

• 15th Oct 2013

The hostel is very nice, with a pool and nice facilities overall. However, it's pretty far out from the city (and not that close from the airport), in the middle of the countryside. The beds and linens are very comfortable, and it is very quiet at night. A nice place if you don't want to be in the city and have a car to get around.

Thanks for everything, it's just a pity my stay was so short!

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

This is a very nice backpacker lodge. The beds were the best I had slept in for all 4 months of my travel. Each member of the staff was kind and attentive. They put up with a lot of my safari questions. The food is delicious, especially the free breakfast. The location is far away from Joburg city, so don't expect to go anywhere on foot (which is dangerous anyways). Only con was the cost for a ride to the bus station in Joburg. Best to split that cost with other travelers if you can.

Nice place, far from the city, but even in the city no way to walk around after sunset.

Unique place to stay; very friendly and helpful. And a good dinner. Thanks

A very nice place to stay, the best part was the simple and easy airport pick ups.

Staff were extremely polite, friendly and all went above in beyond to help us out.

For a backpacker place Moafrika exceeded our expectations. Lovely rooms and good relaxed service! It's located close to the ariport, approximately 15-20 minutes drive which was perfect for us since we were catching a plane the next day. Unfortunately we arrived late and left early the day after but we would definitely come back.

• 18th Dec 2012