Moana Lodge Reviews

49 Moana Road, Plimmerton, Wellington, Porirua, New Zealand

Loved the hostel! Clean, cozy, good views! Room was a bit small and and hostel 30 min drive to Wellington, but that is the only thing.

This hostel is the right place for anyone who seeks some peace and quiet close to Wellington. It is helpful to have a car but there is a train going to the city as well ! I just loved the fact that you can hear the ocean while laying in bed. Everything is very clean and tidy ,the staff was very helpful and nice what created great atmosphere. I have not had a bathroom and shower that pretty and big and they even have hair dryers !!! Defenetely would stay there again.

Its too far from Town, doesn't make sense to call it 5 star backpackers, there was a female in my 4 male dormitory.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Basically a beach front hostel. Beautiful building, beautiful location, and wonderful staff. The kitchen is well equipped and the rooms are very cozy. I wish they gave you a little more than 200mb of free wifi, but the fact that they do give you some for free is generous. I would definitely stay here again!

When my significant other arrived to the hostel, we couldn't believe how beautiful the hostel was and how amazing the views were. There were private bathrooms and showers. My girlfriend really liked that this hostel had blow driers set neatly on the counters rather than having to ask for one at the reception. We only stayed for one night and were sad to leave the place the next morning. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. We highly recommend this place!