Moana Lodge Reviews

49 Moana Road, Plimmerton, Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

Basically a beach front hostel. Beautiful building, beautiful location, and wonderful staff. The kitchen is well equipped and the rooms are very cozy. I wish they gave you a little more than 200mb of free wifi, but the fact that they do give you some for free is generous. I would definitely stay here again!

When my significant other arrived to the hostel, we couldn't believe how beautiful the hostel was and how amazing the views were. There were private bathrooms and showers. My girlfriend really liked that this hostel had blow driers set neatly on the counters rather than having to ask for one at the reception. We only stayed for one night and were sad to leave the place the next morning. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. We highly recommend this place!

We really enjoyed our stay here. The accommodation and facilities are excellent - way above average. Wonderful location on the beach. The owner and staff were very welcoming and helpful. It was difficult for us to judge the atmosphere because, being the off season, ther were only 1 or 2 other guests. Thoroughly recommended.

Really nice place too stay, though our room was a bit small for calling it a 5-star backpackersplace.

Lovely location. Great facilities. Would return. Only downside for me was the 1/2 hour walk to get there from the train station at night. However, it's a beautiful walk along the water during daylight.

Stunning room with a view, 30 minute train to Wellington, safe, scenic, very friendly and clean!!

I would highly recommend this place it's spotless and perfect, staff is really really nice and the beds are comfy. not a party place, very chilled. One note: I never checked the location and was surprised it was that far away from town. 30m on a train. didn't matter in the end but quite a mission with heavy backpack. just know what you book, I didn't and still loved it.

C'est la meilleure auberge que j'ai jamais fait ! Certes c'est à demi heure de train de wellington mais c'est tellement agréable de s'endormir avec les bruits des vagues que mieux vaut être un peu a l'écart de la ville ! Je la recommande à 200% !

This was our favorite place to stay during our 2 weeks in New Zealand. Everything was lovely, the kitchen area, the lounge, the patio, the view, the weather, and the staff. We absolutely loved it here. Such a peaceful and relaxing place to be!

Staff were great, very helpful. Long term guests made it difficult to feel welcome. Can't fault the cleanliness. Beds very comfy. Train/bus service into Wellington close. Beautiful scenery.