Moby Dick Guesthouse Reviews

168/37 Moo 2 Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Surat Thani, Koh Samui, Thailand

The original room I was going to stay in stunk and smelt mouldy and gross. Upon inspection of the room, I realised it was because the staff didn't leave the fridge door open in the room upon switching the electricity off, so it stunk out the room and the fridge. I then upgraded myself to another room which had the same stench problem and meant to suggest this to the staff before I left. Also the Thai staff working there didn't speak very much English, but we managed thru communication barriers.

In regards to the room it was value for money however, although the location is good in terms of convenience it also meant that getting a good nights sleep was impossible as all you could hear were the clubs competing to see who could be the loudest, plus the fact it was located in a seedy part of Chaweng. Finally as there were no air con and just a fan it got too hot at night.

• 16th May 2014