Modern Hotel Reviews

121, Rue du chemin vert, Paris, France

The hotel says there is free wifi, but only one person in the room can use it at a given time, even if it's a three bed bedroom. The staff was extremely rude and unhelpful. It says there is air-conditioning and free maps but there were neither. It was not in the best area/neighborhood.

• 17th Jul 2014

Lovely,clean,newly renovated hostel. Just the 95 steps to the top floor carrying backpacks was abit different.but still a lovely stay and central to Paris.

Modern hotel provided us with a room for roughly 100 euros a night. Internet was 1 device per room, breakfast was provided but slept through, it was located in the city fringes. The 1 staff member we saw knew perfect english thankfully. Toilet was in room, was a little pricey but our options were slim for paris openings

• 14th Jun 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There wasn't a door to the bathroom and there was very little floor space. I felt like I was tripping over everything. There was no elivator and no remote for the tv. Internet was terrible. It worked for about 5 minutes and then you had to log in again. overall, it was clean and had the basic amenities. It was a ten minute walk to the metro, but a really far distance from the monuments of Paris.

The staff is very nice. The hotel is near the subway station. The rooms are clean.

• 15th May 2013

Very charming little Hotel in cool location, nice restaurants close by, very quiet at night, good beds, very good bathroom, clea, modern, good shower, hot water, absolutely value for money. Very nice receptionist at arrival, nothing really to complain about (as I did not travel with much luggage so didn't mind the missing elevator). ;-) Would go here again, didn't try breakfast.

• 12th Feb 2013

The only thing I did not like was the fact that we were a million stairs... We were on the top floor and I am an athlete and I struggled walking up all of the steps! I would suggest finding out what floor you will be on before you book a room... The first and second floor is great,but anything higher than that us definitely a hassle! I also didn't like how the room smelled it smelled of mold or something very weird! Everything else was great!

• 27th Dec 2012

The room is small as any other room in paris. But I liked the stay there. The room have everything, even a TV and for Paris is a good value for money. The only problem is the lack of a lift, once that it has many floors...it's not nice to bring all ur lugagge up the stairs, and the telephone of my room did not work, so good luck if you need to contact the recption for something.

• 29th Oct 2012

The hotel is very basic although still decent. There is no elevator, just hope that they don't assign you a room at the 5th or 6th floor. Rooms are very small but look ok and ours was clean. There was problem with a toilet that wasn't flushing, it took them the entire day to fix it. Overall, keeping in mind the price that one pays per night there is little value in here, but unfortunately it's something that can happen regularly in Paris.

Hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. However, for such a quiet location away from the major sights, this hotel is slightly overpriced.

• 9th Sep 2012

The cleaning staff kept coming an hour before checkout to clean and woke me up. When I arrived, I had to walk up four flights of stairs and no one on the staff offered to help. The atmosphere was also somewhat dark and depressing. Nonetheless, for what I paid, I cannot really complain to much.

• 24th Aug 2012

Ilike this hotel because very convenient location.

• 6th Aug 2012
  • Russia

This was one of the nicest places that we stayed during our European travels. It was a very clean nicely run hotel. There isn't an elevator and we were on the 5th floor but our room was nice and the bathroom was amazing! Its not in the middle of tourist central but is in a nice area with some restaurants and grocery stores if you are trying to stay cheap. Its also down the street from the Pere Lachaise metro stop and line 2 which will get you pretty much everywhere in the city with few changes.

There is no lift. We had to climb up 5 flights of narrow winding stairs each time, after a day of siteseeing it was not ideal. There was no real point to the phone in the room, I tried to call reception multiple times, but it was busy or it would not connect. Leaving a key at the reception desk everytime we left, was a security issue for us. Kitchen was only limited to staff.

It would be great if you could have a locked room to leave the luggage. Otherwise, very nice hotel. Nice room & bathroom. Good staff.

French speaking staff, had to ask a lot of times in english to have an answer in english. They just don't want to speak eng. Very annoying.

The hotel is really nice, kind far from the center, but nice the room was clean when I arrived and also the next day when I came back from visiting the city. I recommend it 100%

• 17th Jul 2012
  • Mexico

Small room with Big bed but Rey clean, staff very friendly but Dome of Turm couldn't speak english. Very Good Location with 2 metrolines!!! The only two bad things are that you can hear everything from your neighbours and that there are rooms up to the fifth floor and higher... But all in all I Can only recommend it!!!

Great stay, enjoyed the room and location so much we booked it for the next night. Staff gave it to us for cheaper than the price we payed on here!

Friendly staff, fresh and clean rooms and over all, it's a really nice hotel. Cons are that my room was on 5th floor without lift and that the area might not be the most glamorous. This is a great hotel if you're only here for a couple of days and only need your hotel to be a place to crash. Another con is that I the shower didn't have any curtain or anything i could close it with, which led to that my tiny bathroom was flooded.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7