Mojito Garden Reviews

10 Wiang Kaew Rd., Prasing, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Poor wifi

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Mojito Garden was one of the best choices I've made for choosing a hostel! Great place for Chaing Mai! Staff is friendly, made many great friends.Nothing but good times here! Will be back!!!!!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • American Samoa

Staff were very laid back we arrived late in the evening and they just gave us a room without booking in or taking a deposit.The next day we went on a three day trek left our gear in our room still not having paid a penny returned three days later and then checked in and paid for the room,not a problem

For myself, i think dormitory should be separate for gent and lady, like most of the place around the world, included western countries. It is first a practical matter.

• 28th Mar 2014

We got upgraded from a dorm to a private room at no extra cost which was nice. It's a nice place and the facilities aren't bad but it's in the old city and a little far from the markets and things, in a quiet area so lacking in atmosphere a little. Would rather stay somewhere closer to the action.

Many Mosquitos, very unfriendly staff. The little huts are ok-ish but "open"-> you'll have lots of mosquitos in your room. There are way better hostels in Chiang Mai.

I have stayed here multiple times traveling with my sister and have nothing but good things to say. The staff is great and not only help with the hostel but even take you out in Chiang Mai. The owner also has a bar downtown that is really cool. I have met so many neat people and made good friends just from staying here. Great food and prices are unbeatable. Stay here if your in Chiang Mai.

• 7th Mar 2014

A great place to stay, food was great, staff were more than helpful, accommodation is clean and generally quite quirky and authentic, and guests that stay there are always ready to mingle and chat! You won't be dissappointed if you stay here, located just a few mins walk from pretty much everything!

Great atmosphere at this really beautiful guest house. Annie, the owner, has excellent english and has created superb accommodation with a very homely feel within the rooms and the gardens. The garden is a great chance to chillout and meet other backpackers. The restaurant here caters for westerners as well as having very nice thai food, such friendly staff cooking here as well. Tours recommended by Annie are cheap for what you get, my boyfriend and i loved Woodys elephant training!!!

We booked for 5 nights and left after 1 night. We didn't get a refund but were happy just to leave there anyway. Had the worst sleep ever in a hostel. The rooms are not at all soundproof and you cannot close the windows. People were partying in the outside area just outside our room until after midnight. Then a variety of other noises kept us awake for another couple of hours. We had booked a twin room but were given a double - the staff member shrugged and said we could change it the next day.

Boom was amazing: so friendly and nice! He helped us book an elephant tour which we really loved. He was honest and always ready to help if we had questions. Beds were REALLY rock hard. The bungalows were very nice but quite close together so not much privacy. We could hear every single word spoken in the courtyard (including yoga in the early morning). The restaurant serves really nice food for a reasonable price. For couples on a budget: really good!

• 16th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

The Hostel is located in a nice silent area, 20 Minutes walk to the Night Market. The Rooms are not to big but perfect for a few nights. The Shower and Toilets are clean and hot water is available. The Wifi is a little bit unstable and you cant connect all the time.

A really nice hostel with good common areas. Wanted to stay more nights but they were full unfortunately.

Really nice chilled out place great staff, great dorms only small complaint was that the bins in the bathrooms weren't emptied often enough and sometimes overflowed. But would 100% stay again!

The man how is working here is so friendly!!! The place is overall good. The wifi is not working all the time and we was told it was because there were so many who was using it but it was on all time of the day... The bathroom could use to be fixed some of them are missing a mirror For the price to pay it is a good place

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Arrived from Bangkok 6am on a rough cheap bus and waited til check in. The boy working at the desk calls himself Boom tried to overcharge me in my exhausted state for laundry and my wallet went missing during the time I was sorting the laundry at the foot of the tour desk where he was selling treks. My trust was lost and I stayed at backups. The owner lady is very gracious and sophisticated woman and I would stay at her place. She charged me the correct laundry price and deserves better staff!!!

The garden was really nice, but that's about it. The little huts have no atmosphere on the inside, and the walls are very very thin. You could hear your neighbors flip a page in their books (amongst other things..). The rooms weren't very clean either. Wifi was broken constantly, and the router had to be reset about every 30 minutes. Very annoying. Staying here is more like camping. I didn't have a bad time, but I think there's better places around.

Great stay, comfy beds, nice atmosphere and great garden area. Only downside is if people aren't considerate late at night it can be a little loud in the dorms. Still I had a great stay here and would happily stay again.

The staff are really great, fun, friendly and helpful, the dorm rooms are nice and clean, with single beds and curtains between them for privacy. We've booked an amazing tour at the hostel, it was wonderful and really worth the money. The hot shower, though, was not really very hot) But for this price - still excellent choice!

Overall the hostel was alright for such a cheap price. There's a nice garden to relax in and meet people. Dorms were very average, and loud being next to some sort of school. Heard people talking loudly at 4am which was annyoing. The private room was comfortable, but there was only one plug which didn't work. Bathrooms were pretty far from the rooms you had to walk outside. You can buy a range of breakfast items from their menu.

View all Chiang Mai Bed and Breakfasts