Mojito House Reviews

8/4 MoonMuang Soi 6, Somphet Market, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Awful. Booked 6 nights but moved out after 1... Room was dirty, window was jammed open so felt unsecure, and ridiculously hot at night + was easy for the mosquito's to get in.... Nobody else staying there and for a good reason!

• 14th Jun 2014

Excellent food choices very nearby. Relaxed and quiet atmosphere nestled in Chiang Mai's old city. Super friendly staff. Activity and tour bookings in-house. ATM in front of building. Easy to find. Double bed ensuite balcony room is the best. Lovely private balcony where you can watch the world go by. Be aware that reception goes home at 6pm and you'll have to call them if you arrive late. I would stay here again for sure.

very basic but was cheap , good location

It was a great location, the restaurant was closed, the staff were never there so when I checked out I couldn't get my key deposit back and she had shorted me change on what I owed for the night, and on top of that my bed was full of bed bugs... But the location was awesome and I mean I guess you get what you pay for for 3 dollars a night

For 100 baht a night this place is a bargain, it's a good location as well. The dorm beds weren't very comfy and you don't get given a blanket but for the price you can hardly complain. Also the reception shuts at 6pm so if you arrive after this time you're pretty much screwed. We only got in by chance as we saw another person who was staying there who let us in. But if you are looking for a cheap stay then fhere is nothing wrong with this hostel.

Staff were quite unhelpful when we had problems. We booked online through hostelworld however when we arrived they didn't have room for us because of overbooking. The woman on reception then tried to charge us an extra 400bart for a private room when we originally booked a dormitory room. She didn't really apologize or care. Also if you arrive late there is a chance you won't be able to check on because they leave at around 6pm.

It's a nice place to stay in Chiang Mai nearby the food market.

I took the single room, and you really pay for what you get. There is a bed, a fan (no aircon), lots of mosquitos, and a shared bathroom. The wifi is excellent, and the staff seemed friendly. For budget travelers an excellent choice, for travelers looking for more comfort, pay more and find something else.

Great place. Best value for money I've seen yet.

everything you need in the old quarter town near the cool food markets and fun people. simple, good accom from a traditional family whom knows Chang Mai better than anyone and can get all your tours and questions sorted. Security lock for anytime in and out makes for a great stay any time of day or night. fun people to meet and see the sites and make party.

cheap and value for money. staff are very welcome.recommend!

You can't expect much paying 125THB per night but for me it wasn't a nice experience. I couldn't get to sleep as the bed was harder and more springyier than anything I've experienced. The towels and small blankets on the bed stank like sweat. If you want basic this is it.

We planned to stay 3 nights, but ended up leaving the next day and just forfeiting the cash (24 hr notice to cancel). We were irritated by the hours - we need help booking tours, but there was hardly ever someone at the desk and only supposed to be someone during times when we were likely to be gone making use of our day. This might be a good place for a long-term visitor (more time to work with), but difficult for someone staying only a few nights. Also, not very clean, smelled of mildew.

Brilliant value for money, it's located right in the centre of everything, the bars are a couple of minutes walk away and the food market is on the doorstep.

When we arrived, the hostel was closed. The owner of the bar next door called the owner which said there were no beds available, even though we had a reservation. There was a rude (drunk?) local guy that tried to show us the hostel while we waited for a solution, and since one of the dorms was locked from the inside he banged on the door while shouting obscenities. He wanted to split our group, having the girls sleep in the same room as him. We did not feel safe and left. Not recommended at all.

This place is amazing. I had my bag stolen (including passport, all money, tablrt, cards, everything) and the owner was incredibly helpful, taking me around on his personal scooter to find it. The generosity was unbelievable. They let me stay the first night knowing I wouldnt be able to pay. You don't see that very often. People makes the place, and this place is stupendous.

Pro: - Warm water showers Con: - Got a double room which was very dirty (old fruits laying next to the bed...) dark and smelly - They didn´t put any new toilet paper in our room the next day. When we asked for a new one, they really wanted money for it!! WTF!? - Not a nice location to just sit and chill Doors won't open before 9 AM, so if you arrive earlier you have to wait outside on the street (even when you indicate your arrival date in your booking...)

This place was a bad choice. Upon arrival, the guy working tried to tell me I didn't have a reservation. It was only after I showed him the confirmation email that he bothered looking at his paper. The room was not ready so we had to wait 1.5 h for it to be cleaned. The entire hostel was unorganized

It's a chilled place with a good athmosphere. There are some good spots to hang out during the day when it's too hot for anything else. Staff was helpful. Overall good hostel.

• 15th Nov 2013

Good basic hostel, for people who don't need anything fancy but want to stay somewhere cool for practically nothing. Great location, nice laid back Thai staff, cool building with nice art and dorms (beds are four poster seperated by curtains kind of things). Enjoyed my stay mucho.

• 10th Oct 2013