Moloch Hostel Reviews

Margaritas 54, Cancun, Mexico

Nice pool - no party hostel - dirty bedsheets

Definitely the worst service I've ever had at a hostel, and I've stayed at many hostels worldwide. Very rude and not willing to help at all. On the plus side the rooms were air conditioned. the coffee needs improvement too.

I booked a private room for a lot of money. The room, it turned out, had no window to the outside. The window was to the hallway leading to the kitchen. The staff? Very incompetent. It took 15 minutes to calculate my bill. I canceled immediately after seeing the room, and I went to a different hostel. I was in this hostel before last year. I was in a dorm that had no window to the outside. Same set up. But I was too tired to go elsewhere. I hoped that a private room would be better. It was NOT.

I was unable to go to Cancun thus had to cancel my reservation

Beautiful room for the price, with flat screen tv and small fridge. The pool is small but nice, and the whole hostel is brand new and looks good. Conveniently located near the bus terminal, it's not the prettiest part of town, but then again Cancun is not the prettiest part of Mexico anyway.

Very good localization, quiet hostel , good to stay after long trip. If you're looking for party hostel look for other one

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Poland

This hostel was lovely, felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Room was very clean, our room had an on suite but there was extra showers and toilets that you could use. The pool was clean and a nice size to swim in. Good cooking facilities however the oven was broken. Good location in downtown Mexico has lots of lovely restaurants surrounding it. Very pleasant stay, would recommend.

I had a very good stay at the Moloch hostel.I stayed only one night and the next day i had to take the bus to Tulum,so for me it would have been helpful if the hostel provided bus timetables. Although it´s very close to the Ado busstation it would be more confortable if the hostel had a paper hanging with bus departures from Cancun.

This is probably the best hostel in all of Cancun. Actually the services it provides are better than most hotels I have stayed at. The swimming pool is great, the facilities are clean and modern, and the continental breakfast is the best I have had in any hostel.

2 mins walk from the Centro bus station and local bus stops, so getting there and around is very easy. Staff were friendly and provided us with a very nice Xmas dinner :)

Staff were extremely unhelpful for the entire stay. They forgot my booking and it kept getting worse from there. There are hostels for better value in Cancun.

Nice hostel! Near by the busstation, nice Pool!

• 12th Oct 2015

I am really happy to have found this place. Quiet, very clean and nice flow. I am staying til I return to Thailand. Yes, it's good.

Great hostel. Thanks!

Sooo clean, nice pool, good quality standard breakfast :-)

Is a hostel, not the best one but is what you pay for. One thing I did not like was the staff, tree different people were in the front desk at my stayed and each one of the try to sell me the same Chichen Itza tour but a different prices, is like a personal business for them. Also once I came back from the tour to get my luggage, I ask them to let me use the bathroom, but they say no because there were security cameras there and they could´nt allow stranger in the bathrooms

Party hostel in downtown Cancun!! ADO bus station is a 5 min. walk. Clean & safe, in the center of it all. At kitchenette one can prepare meals, free breakfast, refrigerators, clean, nice pool, all amenities included, A+ customer service, staff. is cool; Tulum Ave. has many buses that takes one all over Cancun especially "Ruta 1" that goes all the way to the hotel zone (Mirador is must see - dark blue ocean w/ high waves). High rated. Best choice ever!! Highly recommend!

Great place to stay. Few minor things. We arrived late, but they were expecting us, and the lady on the desk put us in the dorm, which was what we wanted. A bit of a shame we were told we had to move room as it was a female dorm and our next room wasn't available until 2pm. So this meant we had to pack all our gear back up put it in storage and then wait. It's not hard, we booked days in advance. This is my only gripe Cool little pool area. Atmosphere here is more chilled than party.