Mombasa Backpackers Reviews

Mwamba Drive, #69, Nyali, Mombasa, Kenya

I stayed there for New Years 2014 and it was great. The staff are really friendly, and the big common area makes it easy to meet fellow travelers. The pool is a huge bonus, and I was in there alot. It's sociable without being too loud, and the cooks make a damn good spanish omelette. I'll definitely be going back.

By far the worst hostel i have ever stayed in ! Staff were very unaccommodating and when an incident with a fellow backpacker occurred which resulted in the loss of his money, the staff were quick to racially profile me. This kind of treatment is completely unacceptable everyone should be treated equally regardless of race or origin. I would definitely not recommend to anyone to stay here.

• 30th Apr 2014

I stayed at Mombasa Backpacker's for 2 months, while I was working at a local diving resort , and loved every minute of it. The rooms are clean, the food is cheap and delicious, and the staff are incredibly helpful in answering questions and organizing day trips for guests. The backpackers also has an awesome pool and garden area where there are always tons of travellers hanging out. The beer is reasonably priced and you can be sure that an awesome party will be underway every night!

• 11th Apr 2014