Monkey Jane's Guesthouse Reviews

24 Lianfengxiang, Yangshuo, China

Location is very convenient, though the tradeoff is the noise level. We paid for a female 4-person dorm room, but they gave us a mixed dorm room. The room had water damage on the walls, but was otherwise clean. Rooftop bar had an amazing view.

Upon arriving, we were greeted by an aggressive woman, who tried to anarquer us. the fact that we are not let in silence, while the living room, she did everything for us rot. For example, we had a trip planned, she said to our guide, that person with our name stay at the hotel ... She insulted us in Chinese except that I understand Chinese. When was Jane, it's a shame she has to think more of the profit that better choose his staff. No advice not go there ....

Possibly the only hostel in Yangshuo with a backpackers vibe. Great bar staff, and beer pong. The room stayed in needed a bit of a revamp and the desk staff weren't the most helpful. However, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, and would recommend those looking for a good time to stay here.

we took the twin bed bedroom, it was ok except it barely cleaned. the staff was also helpful, gave us the maps and the info we needed. one of the most important things to a backpacker is hot water - all week there was no hot water in our room and every they we heard "maybe today it'll be fixed" or something like that. we to transferred to another building of the hostel but there was no wi-fi there... i guess we cant have it all. there are some basic utilities we need expect even if its cheap.

Nicest place to stay at in Yangshuo, friendly and helpful staff and a great vibe on the rooftop bar!

SO MOLDY. The rooms we stayed in were RIDICULOUSLY MOLDY. It smelled terrible and it made it pretty hard to even breathe. We even got moved the second night but it was still pretty bad. The entire place needs a good once over with some bleach or something. The staff was pretty helpful and it was in a great location but the mold really ruined it for me.

monkey janes is the no.1 place to be in the whole of china! I ended up being there for 12days I loves it so much! the beds are clean and comfy the aircon was probably the best I've had you get hot water cheap drinks drinking games, buckets and pretty much anything you want! would definately go back! Love you long time Monkey Jane Love from Dale :)

• 1st Jun 2014

After getting to the room is when I first was disappointed. The walls looked like they were painted by possessed 4 year old. People were kill themselves by jumping off the house, 1 hung himself and 1 was laying in throw up. There was no toilet seat and the 2 of us in the room were girls. To close the bathroom door you had to move over the toilet so there was room, I got not only mosquito bites but other bug bites while I was sleeping and we had to another hostel to get help with bus tickets.

Good location, some of the reception staff were less than helpful and utterly unfriendly. The bar staff were good. One of the guests? who also served behind the bar kept turning on the lights while we were sleeping and kept leaving the room with them on, unplugging all our chargers, making noise in general.