Monkey Jane's Guesthouse Reviews

24 Lianfengxiang, Yangshuo, China

SO MOLDY. The rooms we stayed in were RIDICULOUSLY MOLDY. It smelled terrible and it made it pretty hard to even breathe. We even got moved the second night but it was still pretty bad. The entire place needs a good once over with some bleach or something. The staff was pretty helpful and it was in a great location but the mold really ruined it for me.

monkey janes is the no.1 place to be in the whole of china! I ended up being there for 12days I loves it so much! the beds are clean and comfy the aircon was probably the best I've had you get hot water cheap drinks drinking games, buckets and pretty much anything you want! would definately go back! Love you long time Monkey Jane Love from Dale :)

• 1st Jun 2014

After getting to the room is when I first was disappointed. The walls looked like they were painted by possessed 4 year old. People were kill themselves by jumping off the house, 1 hung himself and 1 was laying in throw up. There was no toilet seat and the 2 of us in the room were girls. To close the bathroom door you had to move over the toilet so there was room, I got not only mosquito bites but other bug bites while I was sleeping and we had to another hostel to get help with bus tickets.

Good location, some of the reception staff were less than helpful and utterly unfriendly. The bar staff were good. One of the guests? who also served behind the bar kept turning on the lights while we were sleeping and kept leaving the room with them on, unplugging all our chargers, making noise in general.

If u like unfriendly staff, wet beds, no atmosphere and really dirty washrooms, it's the place to go...One of the worst hostels I have ever been to!

Poor facilities, staff not very welcoming, not very clean, but good atmosphere at night on the rooftop. Best to book some other hostel and hang out here at night