Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse Reviews

1 Stowell Ave, Battery Point, Hobart, Australia

Nicely decorated. Very clean. It would be nice to have some storage for clothes in the room like a chest of drawers. Also a tv in the room would be a bonus to some. Great to be able to park trouble free and only a short walk to salamanca square.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Beautiful building, friendly staff, comfy beds. 10/10.

We loved this place! Really good walking distance to all the things you want to do in hobart (markets, waterfront area etc) and it had a huge car park for us to park our rental car which was really handy. The beds were really comfy, felt more like a boutique hotel with a hostel atmosphere! Super clean too. Would definitely recommend and would definitely return.

I stayed here with my best friend for a week. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were amazing and very helpful. The hostel was clean, warm, bright and inviting. Never regretted our choice.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Wonderful hostel. There are very few like this in Australia. The couple that run the place are lovely. Our stay was just like hanging out with a bunch of mates :-D

We absolutely loved the Montacute, Ant and Rose are wonderful generous hosts and the hostel itself is absolutely beautiful. Kitchen facilities are the best I have ever seen in a hostel. Location is fantastic, 2 mins walk to Salamanca place, 5 mins to the harbour. Right around the corner from Da Angelo's restaurant, book a table or you will have to get takeaway. My partner has a cat allergy and there is one at the Montacute they keep it so clean that with one allergy tablet a day sorted it out

• 21st Jul 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Hands down.

An amazingly good hostel - unlike anything else in Hobart. Everything high quality, great kitchen and common areas and in one of the best and most convenient locations in town. Rose and Ant make you feel part of the family and there were lots of interesting fellow travellers;

A dream to stay in! I felt safe, pampered and will definitely be returning to Montacute next time I visit Hobart.

• 18th Jun 2014

The most worth hostel I have ever stayed. The experience was better than I expected. Thinking about Hobart and its vintage style I just have a word, awesome! I think the hostel made me like even more Tasmania.

• 18th Jun 2014

Very cosy property with lovely people who run the place. Good beds!

• 3rd Jun 2014

My daughter and I had a very pleasant stay at Montacute. It was ideally situated for the ferries (to MONA) and the Salamanca district was just down the road. There were some lovely cafes (vegan friendly) nearby and although we didn't really use the cooking facilities in the kitchen, everything was there including a sharing shelf. Our beds were very comfy and warm. The house is old and was a bit cold but we had a heater in our room which was great. It is a lovely place.

• 26th May 2014

Excellent hospitality. Clean rooms, comfy beds, great kitchen. Only a 2 minute walk to salamanca. Highly recommend!

Such a relaxing retreat in historic Battery Point just 5 mins from Salamanca Place. Near great restaurants and the wharf where lots of tours begin. With a stunning backdrop Mt. Wellington by your room window, this hostel engulfs you, that when you leave, there's that feeling that you need to come back. That's the feeling I get with home.

Without doubt the best place to stay in Hobart!! Having been to Hobart multiple times and stayed in numerous establishments, this has been my best accommodation experience. Clean room, comfortable bed, impeccable bathrooms and kitchen. Battery point is a safe and historic area, a perry place to base yourself for a stay in Hobart. The building itself is a resorted pre-federation house, a truly unique Tasmanian experience! Make sure you make it your place of accommodation, I will be back!!!

• 1st May 2014

The hostel is very new when I stayed, very clean and cosy. There is a big kitchen to use and everything that a traveller could want is there.

Highly enjoyable stay- you know it will be good when the owner sleeps in the same house! The house was clean and had a very welcoming atmosphere. Common areas were homey, well looked after and well equipped. Has as much fun hanging out in this hostel as exploring Hobart. Located within walking distance to most attractions and with free parking this place has been the best hostel i have ever stayed at.

• 25th Apr 2014