Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse Reviews

1 Stowell Ave, Battery Point, Hobart, Australia

Best hostel I had ever stayed at by far! I had high expectations because of all the great reviews but the hostel exceed them! Lovely owners, beautiful home, great locations. Can't wait to go back to Hobart.!

The best hostel in the world. Ever. So so lovely - I would come to Hobart just to stay there again.

Stayed at Montacute from 27/3 to 31/3/2015. Hosts Antony and Rose were wonderful and extremely helpful and ensured we had a comfortable stay. Montacute's location could not be better. Barely a 5 minute walk down to the old steps leading onto Salamanca Place - the heart of Hobart. Montacute is surrounded by some great restaurants and cafes including the Kathmandu Nepalese - about 200 metres away. Plenty of parking if you have a vehicle. Great comfy beds, warm/cosy lounge, great kitchen/dining

• 27th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel and great value, up there with the best I've ever stayed in! I'd definitely recommend Montacute to anyone visiting Hobart.

Excellent all round, great location, clean and comfy beds, would definetely stay here again if in Tasmania. Only downside was the shower wasnt great but all in all a brilliant stay!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Very charming stay at this bunkhouse. It was a very inviting and people were friendly there.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Bahamas

We loved our stay at Montacute. The owners were incredibly warm and friendly, providing spotless facilities with all the extras. The whole place was beautifully decorated, and the dorms were cosy, clean and homely. Lush king single mattress and no squeaky beds. The kitchen is missing a few bits and bobs but overall it was very clean. Perfect location in the quaint Battery Point area, only 5 minutes walk to the wharf, market and Hobart's pub district. Excellent!

• 22nd Feb 2015

Great spot Battery Point, just beautiful. Hostel is lovely, owners very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

I only stayed in Montacute for one night but I wish I had stayed for longer. Montacute must be the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It's so clean, beautiful and peaceful!

Every thing was excellent but our room was very tiny

• 10th Feb 2015

The nicest hostel I've been to in Australia. Not only functional but also very cute and homely. I wish I had stayed more than 2 nights.

Such a lovely place with a wonderful atmosphere. Great location. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Hobart!

Beautiful hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable bedding with warm doonas. Bathroom and shower facilities were so clean! Such a close walk to Salamanca market and CBD area. Nicest and best hostel I've been to so far. Would definitely recommend.

Ant and Rose ans their house are so lovely and charming, the house is very clean, neat and bright. The kitchen is big and very well equipped. Highly recommend it. It is more like a B

It is a very beautiful hostel, with excelent location, and a great atmosphere. One of the best hostel I hacer ever been.

Lovely little home! It's in a great location, easy walking distance to many eateries, cafes, bars, and the waterfront. The accommodations were great and it was a pleasure to stay here! Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Hobart.

A really wonderful hostel. Fantastic location, friendly owners and staff, great atmosphere and really comfortable beds! Couldn't reccomend more highly.

• 15th Jan 2015

This was one of my best hostel I have been! Clean, very friendly staff, huge and confortable bed, perfect situation at Hobart - just perfect!

Impressed with the place. Bunk beds are queen size, with fresh linen and towel provided. A great experience!

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Spain

My stay was beyond comfortable! This gorgeous property comes complete with a plum tree with plums available to guests (one guest even made plum jam to share!). I was so warmly welcomed and showed the generously facilities. Montacute is more like a homely B

• 3rd Jan 2015