Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse Reviews

1 Stowell Ave, Battery Point, Hobart, Australia

A really delightful place, well worth the extra expense. The hosts are genuinely lovely, the building is gorgeous and all the amenities excellent. The place also fits very well into the general vibe of Hobart, making it ideal for a weekend away.

I had a lovely stay at Montacute. the place was immaculate, clean, comfortable and very homely, a bit like visiting your grandmother's cottage. the location at Battery Point was also great, such a beautiful area, very peaceful and close to salamanca. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Hobart, thank you Montacute for a great welcome to the city!

What a great spot to stay in Hobart- Thanks to Ant and Rose for having us. Perfect location, reasonably priced and a very comfortable stay. See you next time we are down in Tassie!

Rose and Anton are exceptional hosts. Wonderful homely environment and laid back atmosphere. Very clean and well-maintained house with interesting, tasteful decor. Comfy bed. Good kitchen facilities. Bathrooms could do with shelving and mats as floors constantly wet and no where dry to put things. Terrific location. Would recommend whole-heartedly.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Really impressive new hostel. Was clean with great facilities. Good internet connection and very comfy beds. One suggestion is that the security when you leave bags in the lobby is not great since the staff is not always present and nothing is locked. Another improvement would be to change the phone number for the Airport Shuttle as the one provided on the information sheet is for Launceston and not Hobart.

Great stay, unfortunately I stuffed up and booked a double bed with my mate. It was the honeymoon suite :) Anyways what made up for it was the fact that it was an awesome location, awesome place and we were residing with people from everywhere. The owner was particularly helpful and sociable. It was definitely my favourite place of stay in hobart.

• 15th Nov 2014

A nice "HOME" for traveller. The family is super nice!!!! Thanks Rose for sharing your birthday cake made by your sweet daughter. I had great time staying at your home!!!!

Absolutely incredible. I wouldn't hesitate to come back for another visit. Ant and Rose are top notch. Really felt like home away from home.

The hostel feels like a home, a family; even the people staying there are so nice and friendly. I enjoy staying there for two nights, if I visit Hobart in the future, I would definitely go back again. The only comment is that if there is a hair dryer provided, it would be great.

A great boutique hostel. Excellent location, nice staff and good facilities and on site car park. Would recommend

Nicely decorated. Very clean. It would be nice to have some storage for clothes in the room like a chest of drawers. Also a tv in the room would be a bonus to some. Great to be able to park trouble free and only a short walk to salamanca square.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Beautiful building, friendly staff, comfy beds. 10/10.

We loved this place! Really good walking distance to all the things you want to do in hobart (markets, waterfront area etc) and it had a huge car park for us to park our rental car which was really handy. The beds were really comfy, felt more like a boutique hotel with a hostel atmosphere! Super clean too. Would definitely recommend and would definitely return.

I stayed here with my best friend for a week. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were amazing and very helpful. The hostel was clean, warm, bright and inviting. Never regretted our choice.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Wonderful hostel. There are very few like this in Australia. The couple that run the place are lovely. Our stay was just like hanging out with a bunch of mates :-D

We absolutely loved the Montacute, Ant and Rose are wonderful generous hosts and the hostel itself is absolutely beautiful. Kitchen facilities are the best I have ever seen in a hostel. Location is fantastic, 2 mins walk to Salamanca place, 5 mins to the harbour. Right around the corner from Da Angelo's restaurant, book a table or you will have to get takeaway. My partner has a cat allergy and there is one at the Montacute they keep it so clean that with one allergy tablet a day sorted it out

• 21st Jul 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Hands down.

An amazingly good hostel - unlike anything else in Hobart. Everything high quality, great kitchen and common areas and in one of the best and most convenient locations in town. Rose and Ant make you feel part of the family and there were lots of interesting fellow travellers;

A dream to stay in! I felt safe, pampered and will definitely be returning to Montacute next time I visit Hobart.

• 18th Jun 2014

The most worth hostel I have ever stayed. The experience was better than I expected. Thinking about Hobart and its vintage style I just have a word, awesome! I think the hostel made me like even more Tasmania.