Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse Reviews

1 Stowell Ave, Battery Point, Hobart, Australia

Friendly staff, superb location and wonderful stores nearby. Salamanka market within easy walking distance. Quality bunks and everything clean and tidy. I hope to stay again :)

• 20th Aug 2015

The Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse is a beautiful hostel. They thought of everything and more (drawer full of hairdryers, towels, blanket, separate bed lights, curtains for the bottom bunkbed...). There are multiple main rooms, the kitchen is very clean and has everything you would need, a lot of big bathrooms and a beautiful back garden! Would totally recommend this hostel!

It was a lovely stay in this cosy home! Clean, well localed with a nice staff! Don't hesitate to book!

Great place, great location, great amenities on offer, friendly and approachable staff with good knowledge of the area. Would definitely visit again. Can be a bit cold at night but upon request a lovely log fire can be arranged in the living room.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Wales

I've traveled in Spain, Morocco, Amsterdam, Germany, Tanzania, Colombia, and a few more countries and this was by far the best hostel I've been in. Extremely clean, friendly staff, easy parking, great location - feels more like a hotel or airbnb than a hostel!

• 8th Aug 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here, including the hire of some quality bikes! Very cute and tidy place to stay. Thanks!

• 6th Aug 2015

Montacute is easily the best hostel we've ever stayed in! Our room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and warm. The shared facilities were equally excellent and there were lovely welcoming touches like guides of Hobart available. Ant and Rose were very helpful and knew the local area well - the hostel is in a great location in Battery Point and I would recommend it to anyone!

Excellent location with very friendly and helpful staff! Great facilities - kitchen, bathroom, clean rooms, homely feel and free wifi. The location is perfect - near Salamanca Market and CBD, really convenient. Definitely worth the stay and great experience.

The best hostel I have ever stayed in my life! So comfy, homey, neat, tidy and convenient!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The Montacute is so well done. Way above what I expected. Comfortable beds and beautifully presented rooms. I really liked the effort put in to the communal areas, well thought through kitchen and gorgeous living room with lots of books and games.

• 5th Jun 2015

Incredible hospitality and a really lovely place in the perfect location. I was feeling like staying with friends and have never slept so good in a 8-bed dorm room!

I have never stayed in a cleaner hostel. So nice and relaxing here . Highly recommend !!

Very nice decor and atomsphere .

• 24th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hi, During the first night, the power went off at the outlet next to my bunk (azalea room) so my phone didn't charge. I didn't get around to telling you but just so you know for next time.

Gorgeous hostel! Lovely rooms, atmosphere and puppies!

Fantastic hostel, clean, super nice beds and lovely interior. You can see and feel that the owners are passionate about their house. One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far. Close to Salamanca and the waterfront as well.

The best comfy, welcoming and lots more hostel I've ever stayed! Thanks a lot to Ross and Anthony~

Far and away one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at. Thanks for the warm welcome, excellent facilities and a great night's sleep. Definitely highly recommended and will stay here for sure when next I'm in town. Great job!

This is such a fantastic hostel; the owner is great, very helpful and relaxed, giving the overall hostel vibe a very comforting and welcoming feeling. The rooms were great, we were in an 8 bed dorm, excellent beds equipped with comfy duvets and blankets, along with a power point and bed light. The location could not be better, only a 5 minute walk from Salamanca place where all the bars and restaurants are. I couldn't recommend this hostel enough.

• 17th Apr 2015

Best hostel I had ever stayed at by far! I had high expectations because of all the great reviews but the hostel exceed them! Lovely owners, beautiful home, great locations. Can't wait to go back to Hobart.!