Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse Reviews

1 Stowell Ave, Battery Point, Hobart, Australia

I would find it very hard to find a fault with this hostel! They have literally thought of everything, hot water bottles, shampoo, tea, coffee, spices, own towels, if you need it they will have it and if they didn't, I wouldn't be surprised if they went to get it straight away. The bunk beds were spacious and I loved that they had their own little curtains, if you wanted a bit more privacy. It was undoubtedly the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in... felt like home! Thank you Antony and Rosie!

• 28th Jan 2016

Great location to Salamanca market. Lovely owners, welcome tour really made it feel like home :) Not very conducive for meeting travellers as everyone seems to just sit on wifi. Extremely clean and charismatic facilities and kitchen/bathrooms. Only thing is you can hear people going up and down the halls, though luckily everyone staying near us was very respectful. Were only here for a night but would definitely recommend and stay again if we ever find ourselves in Tasmania again! Thx Ant&Rose!

Absolutely loved our stay at montacute! It felt more like staying at a relative's really nice house than a hostel style accommodation. Rooms were clean, the house had great character and the beds were very comfy! Rose and Ant were great for advice on what to do during our stay. A great space to relax in and a perfect location for heading off on day trips. Would definitely stay here again.

Great, adorable little place. If you're looking for a hostel that feels more like a b n b, this is it. Maybe not so much for young backpackers who are looking to be social, but otherwise it's a really nice spot. Great location, right by Salamanca market and easy walk to a grocery store.

Most probably the best hostel in Hobart and one of the best I have stayed in in Australia, was made to feel very welcome in my short stay here and only wish I had stayed for longer !!!!

A beautiful property in a superb location and Rose, Anthony and Eve were all very helpful. Comfortable beds with the cleanest, softest sheets and towels I've encountered in a dorm style room. Lots of quiet nooks with comfortable armchairs for relaxing in the evening and a huge kitchen for preparing food, although you could easily eat out for every meal with the vast array of excellent eating options so close by.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Wonderful hostel, with all the comforts. Great location, quiet residential neighborhood. Super comfortable beds, best linen & people are very respectful of the property & others. Dining area, a living room to relax in & then there is the balcony or if you prefer, the garden (my favorite). There is an honor system for items in the house (again, telling you that people who stay here are very respectful & considerate of others). Owners come & go. I liked that they also live in the house.

Fantastic hostel/bunkhouse. Beautifully restored house in a quiet residential part of town. Two blocks from the main Saturday market, 3-4 minutes walk to the harbor. Extremely comfortable, old world charm that extends to the garden, or sit on the porch sipping a glass of wine. The owners live on-site, & are very helpful. Lights, a shelf & outlet for each bed. Having traveled the globe for 12+ years, & reviewing some 75 hostels on hostelworld alone, I give this a 10/10. Book 6 mts. in adv.

This is without a doubt one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. It truly is a home away from home. The whole place has a great atmosphere, there are plenty of showers, the rooms are spacious and the beds are super super comfortable. It´s clean and organized. Just a few minutes walk from Salamanca area and nice bars. Airportshuttle stop is around the corner. Thank you so much Rose and Anthony for your positive welcoming vibes and for opening your home to travelers!! :)

a warm and homey place to stay. super comfortable bed!

The only thing I can think of to improve the hostel is providing lockers in the dorm rooms. Everything else was delightful!

Nice cozzy place. Very comfortable place to stay~ Definitely recommend.

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Montacute was a great place to stay. The host was very friendly, and gave us a personal tour of the bunkhouse, which was a very nice touch. Loved that there were dogs and a cat hanging around! Made the place feel like home. We will definitely be back. Till next time :-)

• 14th Dec 2015

Great hostel would stay there again no question. Feels more like being at home than staying in a hostel. Lovely atmosphere and excellent facilities I doubt you'll ever find a better hostel anywhere!

Awesome hostel lobed my stay!

Great hostel with excellent communal facilities. One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

Amazing place! Spent 10 days at the Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse and just loved it! Rose and Ant are great! It is really clean, comfy...there is everything you need!

Montacute is a pretty nice hostel in Hobart. It's facilities are basically more like in an hotel. I even extended my stay and would definitely recommend to book it! Just good to know: It's not a party hostel but anyway you can meet nice people there ;-)

• 13th Nov 2015

Wonderful hostel. Very cute. Especially appreciated the hot water bottles. Sturdy bunks, not a lot of noise or shaking.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in around the world. We came for a weekend away & had the best time here. The hostel is walking distance to pretty much everything. Antony & Rose were so welcoming & had great advice on restaurants, bars, etc. Met lots of other lovely guests. The place was clean, comfortable & a beautiful building. We couldn't have asked for more & we'll definitely be back! But expensive for room in a dorm, but admittedly most accommodation in Hobart is. Thanks guys!