Montacute Boutique Bunkhouse Reviews

1 Stowell Ave, Battery Point, Hobart, Australia

The best hostel I have ever stayed in my life! So comfy, homey, neat, tidy and convenient!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The Montacute is so well done. Way above what I expected. Comfortable beds and beautifully presented rooms. I really liked the effort put in to the communal areas, well thought through kitchen and gorgeous living room with lots of books and games.

• 5th Jun 2015

Incredible hospitality and a really lovely place in the perfect location. I was feeling like staying with friends and have never slept so good in a 8-bed dorm room!

I have never stayed in a cleaner hostel. So nice and relaxing here . Highly recommend !!

Very nice decor and atomsphere .

• 24th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hi, During the first night, the power went off at the outlet next to my bunk (azalea room) so my phone didn't charge. I didn't get around to telling you but just so you know for next time.

Gorgeous hostel! Lovely rooms, atmosphere and puppies!

Fantastic hostel, clean, super nice beds and lovely interior. You can see and feel that the owners are passionate about their house. One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far. Close to Salamanca and the waterfront as well.

The best comfy, welcoming and lots more hostel I've ever stayed! Thanks a lot to Ross and Anthony~

Far and away one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at. Thanks for the warm welcome, excellent facilities and a great night's sleep. Definitely highly recommended and will stay here for sure when next I'm in town. Great job!

This is such a fantastic hostel; the owner is great, very helpful and relaxed, giving the overall hostel vibe a very comforting and welcoming feeling. The rooms were great, we were in an 8 bed dorm, excellent beds equipped with comfy duvets and blankets, along with a power point and bed light. The location could not be better, only a 5 minute walk from Salamanca place where all the bars and restaurants are. I couldn't recommend this hostel enough.

• 17th Apr 2015

Best hostel I had ever stayed at by far! I had high expectations because of all the great reviews but the hostel exceed them! Lovely owners, beautiful home, great locations. Can't wait to go back to Hobart.!

The best hostel in the world. Ever. So so lovely - I would come to Hobart just to stay there again.

Stayed at Montacute from 27/3 to 31/3/2015. Hosts Antony and Rose were wonderful and extremely helpful and ensured we had a comfortable stay. Montacute's location could not be better. Barely a 5 minute walk down to the old steps leading onto Salamanca Place - the heart of Hobart. Montacute is surrounded by some great restaurants and cafes including the Kathmandu Nepalese - about 200 metres away. Plenty of parking if you have a vehicle. Great comfy beds, warm/cosy lounge, great kitchen/dining

• 27th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel and great value, up there with the best I've ever stayed in! I'd definitely recommend Montacute to anyone visiting Hobart.

Excellent all round, great location, clean and comfy beds, would definetely stay here again if in Tasmania. Only downside was the shower wasnt great but all in all a brilliant stay!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Very charming stay at this bunkhouse. It was a very inviting and people were friendly there.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Bahamas

We loved our stay at Montacute. The owners were incredibly warm and friendly, providing spotless facilities with all the extras. The whole place was beautifully decorated, and the dorms were cosy, clean and homely. Lush king single mattress and no squeaky beds. The kitchen is missing a few bits and bobs but overall it was very clean. Perfect location in the quaint Battery Point area, only 5 minutes walk to the wharf, market and Hobart's pub district. Excellent!

• 22nd Feb 2015

Great spot Battery Point, just beautiful. Hostel is lovely, owners very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

I only stayed in Montacute for one night but I wish I had stayed for longer. Montacute must be the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It's so clean, beautiful and peaceful!