Montenegro Hostel Budva Reviews

Vuka Karadziæa 12 , Stari Grad Budva, Budva, Montenegro

I stayed several days at Montenegro Hostel. It's a very nice hostel, I met there many interesting people. The staff is friendly, helpful, and made my holiday a great one! I will come back there for sure.

Good size dorm and kitchen. No common room as they had overbooked and put beds in there, this meant everyone stayed in the rooms drinking till late, a major problem when we had to be up early as it was so noisy. The room above toilet was not working so they had to use ours which meant 16 people to one toilet! The location is good for the old town however it is a long walk from the bus station!

The hostel location is prime (in the middle of old town, walking distance to beautiful beaches, etc) though it's also directly next to a VERY loud club which plays music until 2am every night (something to keep in mind, many of us chose to transfer to their quieter kotor location.) if you're looking for a party atmosphere, this is it! The staff is wonderful and I highly recommend the Big Montenegro Tour with Mladen!!!!! Overall awesome hostel minus the lack of sleep.

We stayed at the private en-suite room at the hostel. The room is separate from the main hostel, a minute's walk away. This suited us fine. The room is quite small, with a bed taking up most of the space, a very small kitchen and a bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room suited our needs overall, but if staying for more than one night I might have wanted more space. The location is amazing - right in the centre of the beautiful Budvar old town. I'd stay here for the location alone.

Even though it's early days in our RTW trip we had the best time at Montenegro Hostel Budva. The staff were so friendly, helpful and the Budva atmosphere made it so easy to meet fellow backpackers. Thanks for the good times. 10/10

People there are very helpful, they helped me with all my needs. Plus environment is excellent, very funny. I really recommend it!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Absolutely loved my stay here: was only planning on staying a couple of nights, but ended up staying for 5... And then returning a week later. Perfect location, very social atmosphere, great facilities on offer. Saša who works there is possibly the best person I have ever met - going the extra mile to make sure everyone has a wonderful time. Incredibly helpful, fun, and cheerful. Thank you so much saša for such a brilliant everything! I loved every minute.

The rooms are overcrowded. The guy at the reception was not enthusiastic about recommending us places to go for party at night.

great hostel great location great staff especially the owner after I did a tour a to albania which was a very long day she made me dinner and gave me beer so friendly.the tours were great what a beautiful country.also got to mention sasa for our great nights out drinking be definitely back in september see you again guys if you come to budva definitely stay here. thanks again Neil

Fantastic! Great location, friendly staff, good wifi, kitchen facilities and lovely rooms. Hostel provides bicycle for 7 euros per day. I had a great stay there.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

This hostel in on excellent location. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Hostel offers the best tours in Montenegro, absolutely great, highly professional, fun and great value. They also have transfers to Albania and Mostar perfectly organized. I took both. It is noisy at night, but whole Budva is noisy in the summer season.

• 10th Jun 2014

Perfect location in the heart of the Budva old city. Nice and helpful staff. Comfy beds! Really interesting, but almost everywhere in Balkans you don't have enough space when sitting on the lower piece of a bunk bed. Here you have proper one:) Recommended!

Right in the Old Town. Good location. Bars, clubs and life is right outside the door. It's possible to meet lots of other travelers, and the staff are helpful when it comes to what to do and see, activities and how to get to your next destination.

Thanks for everything !!! the spring break was amazing, french girls come back next year for the exit festival ! love , lise colombier.

• 6th Jun 2014

Budva is a party town and this is a party hostel. If you want a good nights sleep, this might not be the place to stay. If you are looking to party, it is in a great location. Staff were really nice

Of all the hostels I've stayed in during four months of backpacking, Montenegro Hostel Budva is among the absolute best. They've got everything you need in a hostel - a fully stocked kitchen, lockers, and proper bathrooms. But the real highlights were Sasa and Biljana, who were amazingly helpful and friendly, knew where to go day and night, and were always up for a chat. They made the hostel feel like home, and I was sad to leave by the end of my stay!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The very best if you consider value for money. Room was clean and looked new, kitchen and bathroom were great. The staff was very friendly and had the best recommendations of places, beaches and restaurants to go to. Old Town can be very noisy at night, but if you're not a light sleeper, this is the place to be.

Surely one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

having stayed in a number of hostels across the globe for the past 7 years, this stands up to being in one of the top 10 I've been to. Positioned in the old city, not too far from the bus station - staff were friendly and very accomodating. Sasha was always ready to assist anyone in the hostel who needed assistance what ever their situation, well done

There is only one bathroom on the floor which make it hard to take a shower or go to the toilet at the morning. Also the hot water after 2-3 people is usually over. The kitchen is very small and more than 3-4 people are hard to fit in there. The good thing is that there you have everything needed for cooking. Also the chill out zone is very good and has a very big TV. They didn't give us enough keys for the lockers.