Monteverde Backpackers Reviews

Costarica Monteverde, Santaelena next to the supermarket, Monteverde, Costa Rica

The hostel was clean and simple, in a good location. There were very few people in our hostel as it is slow season (we were hoping to meet more people). We unfortunately didn't meet Alonso until the last day. He was very friendly and very helpful, however the other staff was not nearly as kind or as helpful. We wish we could have met him sooner.

This is the best hostel, Alonzo was the most gracious host I have ever met, very helpful and Bryan was the coolest guy I have ever met. I have met a lot of amazing people here and the environment allowed for it, definitely recommend it to everyone I meet.

Monteverde Backpackers is a good place to stay in Monteverde. It is close to the bus station and all the restaurants and travel agencies. The staff is really nice and helped us speak some spanish. also they showed us a sloth and its baby right in front of the hostel :)

• 30th Mar 2014

Very Nice place the staff was helpful. They evev pointed out the mama and baby sloth in a tree nearby. I also liked the location next to a big super market

Great little hostel. Alonso is a legend and very helpful in booking tours etc. Bob the dog is also a champion! Highly recommend!

The shared kitchen needs a good cleaning, hot water, clean dishcloths, refrigerated cleaned out ( smelled terrible) trash cans were beyond fithly. The bed sheets were so old they were thread bear with no elastic remaining. You ended up sleeping on the plastic mattress

Alonso is a very nice guy. He takes care of his backpackers and very helpful. The fisrt night that I arrived there I was hangry and he offered me his lunch and he ordered another one. Isn't nice !!!!