Monteverde Backpackers Reviews

Costarica Monteverde, Santaelena next to the supermarket, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Definitely one of my favourite hostels ever! The atmosphere was amazing, so amazing that people from other hostels came over to hang out with us! In saying that, there are two doors that need to be opened in order to reach the rooms, meaning that early sleepers are still guaranteed good rest! Also, amazing hot showers!

Nice enough. No hot water or No A/C in rooms. Travel information was very biased towards making money. We were travelling from Monteverde to tamarindo. We were told if we paid a premium of $50 instead of $30 we could get a direct shuttle which turned out to be 6 hours via Liberia. We could have just got a shuttle to Liberia and changed to local transport which would have been cheaper and quicker. Disappointed as he seemed such a nice dude.

The owner is the man. Bob the dog is awesome. The vibe at this hostel is amazing. From cooking yourself breakfast, to the amazing BBQ that really brought the whole hostel together, I had an amazing stay here. Would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling in Monteverde.

Hi, thanks for staying with us and glad to know that you liked our place and had a good time here.

Awesome hostel, great atmosphere, people and the guy who runs it is the best dude ever

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and welcome back anytime.

I stayed at this Hostel for 5 days and could not have been happier with it. The hostel has an amazing social area where you can meet and become close with other young travelers. I lost my bank card twice while in town and the owner helped me get it back so I could continue my travels. He as well as the other staff are awesome. Bob the dog is great and they even have a sloth that lives nearby.Best hostel in Costa Rica!!!

• 10th Jun 2015

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and is always a pleasure to help travelers and make sure everything goes well. Pura vida!

We stayed in the private room. A nice room and ensuite but the bed was very squeaky, it would wake you up if you turned over. Everything else was fantastic including the staff, location and common areas and info and help on activities and tours. The breakfast included makes this place very economical.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and we are happy to know that you liked our place. Pura Vida!

Speechless! The staff was absolutely incredible and helpful. The location is close to nearby restaurants and stores. The atmosphere was delightful and cheerful. I couldn't be any happier! It was a great experience and hope to comeback soon. If you're going to MonteVerde, I'd recommend staying here.

Hi, thanks for staying with us and glad to know that you enjoyed our place, welcome back anytime. Thanks!

Great vibe! We had a room next to reception, and it was a little loud, but quiet hours worked for those that weren't out late. great kitchen area, comfy beds, always had hot water, Bob the dog was great, and we saw the sloth!

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and glad to know that you liked our place and welcome back anytime. Thanks!

We had a great time at Monteverde Backpackers. The staff was great in providing recommendations and answering questions. The atmosphere was great. Very relaxed and welcoming. It felt like home!

• 21st May 2015

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and glad to know that you liked our place and that feel good here, welcome back anytime. Thanks!

Everything you want from a hostel. Clean and spacious dorms...Ours had a two bathrooms one of which was pretty new, both had excellent showers. The staff are friendly and happy help with any questions. The kithen is well stocked equipment wise. Breakfast is a self catering affair with eggs, bread, cereal, bananas on offer. All in all a good base for your time in Monteverde.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and good to know that you liked our place, welcome back anytime. Pura Vida!

Our host, Alonso, was so friendly and helpful. The hostel felt very homey, great location, comfortable, and great price!

Hi, Thanks for staying with us, we work to make averyone feel confortable and we invite everyone to come over to our hostel and enjoy of this beautifull area. Pura Vida!

Such a great hostel to meet people. Has a cabin feel with a great little lounge where you can sit and chat with other travelers, and did I mention, it's right next to a huge supermarket. I have absolutely NO complaints about this hostel. It was perfect. Great experience!

Hi, thanks for staying with us, work to make people feel confy and enjoy the hostel and the area, now also we have a ATM right next to our hostel where you can get Dollars or Colones out of it. Thanks!

I just loved it! We already miss Pop the dog We met some great people and staff was very helpful with things to do and suggestions of where to go. Good free breakfast every morning I loved Monteverde, one of my fav spots in CR!

Great hostel, couldn't pick a single fault with it. Clean comfortable, they even have hot showers!!! Good, well equipped kitchen and the staff will help you with any of the many activities available in Monteverde. Highly recommend this hostel.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us, and glad to know that you liked our place. welcome back anytime. Pura Vida!

The staff was I think their biggest attribute! We actually forgot our passeports in the room and left to another city by shuttle bus. Alonso the owner contacted the driver by phone and told us we had left our passeports in the room. He also arranged for us to make contact with someone who was going to our actual city. For him it was normal and for that I highly recommend his hostel. Sometimes it's hard to know who to trust and I can assure he will take care of you! ¡Pura Vida !

• 30th Apr 2015

Hi, Thanks for the comment and thanks for staying with us, we are happy to know that we could help you the best, we try not o be a business, we try to be friends with our custumers and help them the best way we can in everything. Take care and welcome back anytime you want. As always, Pura Vida!

Nice place to stay at. Good value for money. Only downside is super thin walls.

Hi Heidi, Thanks for staying with us and welcome back anytime. Pura Vida! Alonso. C

Friendly environment. Helpful staff. Not fancy, but clean and quiet.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us, welcome back any time. Pura vida!

Great place close to town and next to the supermarket. Kitchen is available for cooking breakfast (eggs are even provided). Each room has a key so the security is good in that regard. There's also a night watch person to keep their eye on things. Would stay here again. Regarding the tours - definitely do the zipline/canopy tour. Free transportation and same $ as showing up to company on your own . Superman/Tarzan were great. Hanging bridges -- meh....would skip if I could do it over.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and glad to know that ou liked our place, welcome back anytime and we are here to help people and make sure everyine enjoy the must. Thanks!

This hostel was very cute and quiet. Right in the middle of town, walking distance to everthing. the girls who worked there were great. our beds were made everyday and new towels and soap placed in our dorm. the only negative thing i can say is that the common area closed at 8pm (where the wifi was) so no body could hang out anywhere, we were forced to go to our dorm early. the kitchen hours also closed early at 7:30pm.

Hi, How are you? This is a bit wrong, We do not have any of those rules, the kitchen is available from 7am till 10pm and the wi fi we do not turn it off at all, so people can use it in the rooms and everywhere, we do have quiet hours by is from 10pm till 7am. Anyways thanks for staying with us and glad to know that you like somethings at our place. thanks!

Staffs were very friendly and helpful..Good location and a nice place to chill out !!!!

Hi, Thanks for staying with us, we hope to have you back at some point! Pura Vida!

« first « Prev 1 2 3