Monteverde Backpackers Reviews

Costarica Monteverde, Santaelena next to the supermarket, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Location, location, location! Great spot, just a couple of seconds walk from the supermarket. Nice, clean wooden rooms. Very hot shower!!!! Lovely, helpful and professional staff. Good breakfast choise.

Finding how to get in there once we found the place and getting behind to park was the rough part. But we've had a great comfortable stay and enjoyed the location greatly. Super clean and cozy, would def recommend!

Hi, Driving in Costa Rica is part of the adventure lol. thanks for staying with us and glad to know you enjoyed here.

Great staff our first night - very helpful and full of ideas and insight on what to do around town. The second night the guy at the desk was quite the opposite, offered no helpful advice at all. Very clean facilities (kitchen, bath and bedrooms), was impressed. Very good value for money overall.

Hi, Thanks for the review, it is good that you let us know about the second night staff because the service always should be the same and help people as much as we can.

This place is great. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Probably the cleanest hostel I've staued in so far and the hot water is actually hot!! Highly recommend this place for anyone stopping through Monteverde.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us, welcome back anytime

Appreciated the guard checking at night (and the reception guy) that everyone was back to the hostel, this is really great for women traveling alone. Super clean, and very friendly.

• 19th Feb 2015

Thanks for staying with us, it is also safer for our customers to have security guard at night.

This was a great relaxed hostel. It is smaller so you can meet many of the people staying there as well. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Each room has a private bathroom and rooms were quite clean.

Thanks for staying with us, also each room has lockers.

Had an amazing stay here. Staff were willing to help and answer any questions they could. Breakfast every morning was awesome, loved having a full kitchen to cook dinner. Bob was cool too. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a hostel in Monteverde!

Thanks for staying with us, we work to make people confy here and help each one the best we can.

One word: Awesome! Really cosy, clean and comfortable, I would definitly recommend this place! Kitchen is big and well equiped (there is a supermarket right next to the hostel). Alonso and the staff are much fun and they are there to make your stay the best of all. They even did a BBQ while we were there!

Thanks for the one word, so happy to know that you enjoyed here and BBQ are for all our customers to enjoy it all.

Stayed there for a few days and it was great. The staff were very helpful and cool.

Thanks for staying with us, hope to see you back someday.

Very helpful and kind staff. Perfect location, we really enjoyed our stay.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stayin here, we work to make people feel confortable here.

The staff is great and they also speak great English!!! They offer a lot of guidance for tours as well. This place is close to everything and you can walk everywhere. Really safe and clean :)

Thank you for staying with us, welcome back anytime

The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was right next to the supermarket which was very convienent. They helped us book all of our travel and activities. This is a great choice!

• 5th Feb 2015

Thanks you for staying with us.

Monteverde Backpackers was by far the best hostel we stayed in in our whole trip. The Atmosphere was great and we really enjoyed our stay in Santa Elena! We would definitely come back!

thanks for staying with us, glad you liked our place, we work to make it better always.

My boyfriend and I stayed here, the rooms are really cute and clean. The place is in a very good location, staff were nice and we also enjoyed the tours into the cloud forest. The guy working in the hostel pointed out a sloth, which lives in a tree across the road, which was really awesome! My only complaint is the water is only luke-warm in the shower. I'd stay here again!

Best place to stay in Monteverde. Private room was cozy

Great hostel by the centre of town, really clean, a really friendly atmosphere and Alonso is a great host! Great breakfast, good kitchen and very relaxed with the best hostel dog yet, Bob! Great place to stay

One of my favorite hostels in Costa Rica thus far. The value for the money is well spent. I appreciated that the showers were actually hot and that breakfast was included. It was also very easy and convenient to get information about tours and activities in Monteverde must of which came directly to the hostel to pick people up. The people I met there were also super friendly, staff included.

I only had a very short stay because I took advice to go elswhere and stayed in a more expensive hostel for that reason during my first 2 days in Monteverde. I would have prefered the monteverde backpackers hostal if I had known about it. I think in the dorm accommodation there are two toilet-bathrooms and I believe they separate their uses for male and female and femail and I was not told so if that is the case then someone may have been offended.

Hi, First, thanks for staying with us and give us a review, We hope you can be back sometime in the future. Then all the dorms are mix at our hostel and in the 6 person dorm, we have 2 bathrooms, but they both are allow for male and female, we do not separet it and no one has to be mad for usind one or the other. Pura vida!

First time ever in a hostel. Looking forward to doing it again!

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Hi, Glad you liked the first time staying in the hostel, we work to make people like it, and have different nice experience, welcome back whenever you want.

Friendly staff, great environment to meet people, wonderful location to explore, and great property layout to enjoy the outdoors! The staff was extremely helpful when it came to setting up tours/adventures. Breakfast served daily. Kitchen is large and available for use throughout the day. Very close to the supercompro grocery store, tourist shops, and restaurants. Poor wifi, but that is expected in this region. I'd definitely stay here again if I were in the area!

• 6th Jan 2015

Hi, thanks for the review and for all the great things that you said about the hostel and us. the problem with the internet was bacause of the horrible weather that we had, but normally is really good and fast, now is working great. Next time you come over :) Pura Vida!