Monteverde Backpackers Reviews

Costarica Monteverde, Santaelena next to the supermarket, Monteverde, Costa Rica

This is a really cool spot to meet up with some other travelers and share stories and even travel to other destinations together. They had a good breakfast included and everything was nice and clean. I loved the hot showers! Only thing was that my room only had one outlet to charge phones but I heard the other room had a charging dock, so just the luck of the draw I guess.

This hostel was among the best I have stayed in. It had a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Rooms were clean and comfortable. It was incredibly easy to book tours and activities through the front desk. Alonso at the front desk was fantastic! He was great at giving travel advice, always available and eager to help. He even made sure he took everyone to see the sloth living near the hostel.

Friendly staff, basic but clean facilities and very cheery atmosphere.

very nice cosy place and people out there are great

• 10th Nov 2014

This is actually located in Santa Elena town proper. The bus going to Monteverde is about 200 meters from here and about 600 colones. They offer breakfast to the guests. Small hostel. Friendly staff. Loved it!

Alonso and Ryan were great and super helpful! The private room we stayed in was also very nice but a little small compared to other places we visited. I would not recommend this hostel for anyone over 26. When we were there, the fellow visitors seemed very young, and it wasn't that easy or fun to intermingle because of the age gap. Despite the some of the crowd at the hostel, we had a nice stay... Mostly due to Alonso and Ryan.

• 17th Oct 2014

Nice place very relaxing Bryan was helpful with booking all are excursions

• 5th Oct 2014

Alonso and Bryan has been a great help during my stay. They're welcoming and never hesitated to answer any questions.

As a group of 6, we had a dorm to ourselves. This was perfect. The manager was very helpful and offered a BBQ to all the hostel guests ("Bring your own meat"). Thanks for that.

Very friendly and helpful staff and an ideal location!

• 22nd Aug 2014

The room smelled strange despite being very clean and of the efforts of the staff with airwick.

Alonso was super helpful with booking our excursions and on other information as well. Very understanding when we needed to leave our backpacks there for the day and let us keep our locker in our room for the day.

• 10th Aug 2014

Clean dorm with clean bathroom. Great location. Helpful staff. I would stay again. Great value for the price. Ron

The hostel was clean and simple, in a good location. There were very few people in our hostel as it is slow season (we were hoping to meet more people). We unfortunately didn't meet Alonso until the last day. He was very friendly and very helpful, however the other staff was not nearly as kind or as helpful. We wish we could have met him sooner.

Hi, This is Alonso, thanks for you comment and let us know that about the other staff, this always help us, to talk to them and try always to give a better services. Whenever you come back to Costa Rica, let me know and i will organize a big party for you. Pura Vida!! Alonso.C

This is the best hostel, Alonzo was the most gracious host I have ever met, very helpful and Bryan was the coolest guy I have ever met. I have met a lot of amazing people here and the environment allowed for it, definitely recommend it to everyone I meet.