Montevideo Chic Hostel

Very Good 21 Total Reviews
7.7
Very Good 21 Total Reviews

30th Jan 2017

Situated in a slightly doggy location, huddle of people using a crack pipe on doorstep of adjacent property, however good security system. Owner was most kind and helpful when I lost my passport and allowed me to leave my bags there while I obtained a temporary passport. Friendly people with good overall atmosphere.

• gmbettencourt8484
  • USA, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
22nd Jan 2017

This reminded me of staying at a low-key bed and breakfast. It was pretty mellow as far as hostels go, but I appreciated having my own (spacious, clean, double bed!) room. It seemed a bit in the middle of nowhere when I first arrived, but it is actually just a few blocks from some of the best squares in the city. Beware though that if you take a taxi to the hostel my taxi driver ripped me off by producing a laminated sheet at saying that I owed $500 pesos based on the "zone" he had to drive to.

31st Dec 2016
6.6

Wish I could've loved it, but the area was not great and it didn't have that cozy hostel feel, where the hosts are happy to see you and the other guests are generally friendly. Bedroom was hot as hell, even with a fan. No outside window.

• USA, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016
3.1

NOT A HOSTEL! UNFRIENDLY, UNWELCOMING GUESTHOUSE! Horrible service. Horrible location. Many beggars surrounding the location and homeless people sleeping. Not at all comfortable walking around there at night. There was no sign outside. Inside, there are no "chic" decorations, and absolutely NO social atmosphere. They couldn't even give me a map or suggestions on anything to do. The staff were rude, arrogant, and unhelpful. The other guests were unwelcoming and a very much "older" crowd.