Montjuic Reviews

Julia 33, Barcelona, Spain

We love this place located on the edge of Montjuic we had access to parks and museums and also easy walking to Bari Gotic and downtown neighborhoods. With kitchen and terrace the place felt like a home on our holiday. It is on a hill so be prepared to walk.

• 8th Aug 2014

Special kudos to Jordi, the hostel manager, who takes the time to make you feel at home and update you on the exciting things happening in Barcelona. He paid special attention to making sure that we knew the easiest way to get around town. Thank you very much for being a good friend! Note: this is not a traditional hostel, as there are only three private rooms in the house.

When we first arrived we were greeted by the wonderful Jordi! He was more than helpful supplying us with Maps and Directions on how to get around, as well as helpful tips on where to go. The Montjuic was excellent value for money and close to many amenities such as the metro and buses, supermarkets, pharmacies, bars and restaurants. I would recommend this to anyone who is travelling on a budget but still wants some comfort.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

We really enjoyed our stay at Montjuic hostel! Actually this is the best hostel that I've ever been - nice, clean, cozy, with a wonderful terrace and view. I strongly recommend it :)

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

My friend and I stayed here and had the absolute best time! Great location, beautiful place, just perfect! Highly recommend to anyone!

• 12th Jul 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The manager was very pleasant to deal with. The internet connection was inconsistent. It would be nice if they could strengthen it a bit. Enjoyed our room, the nice bathroom, the deck and the good location. I would return here. Thank-you for a good stay.

• 9th Jul 2014

Montjuic in Barcelona was a fantastic self contained apartment close to the transport, eateries and attractions. I would thoroughly recommend staying here, great value for money and Jordi was fantastic with recommendations on sights to see and places to eat! Despite the short climb up a steep little side road this is a fantastic little home away from home!

Only one observation: wifi was poor, it could be improved.

Jordi was very helpful and nice, he arrived on time and on our last day he let us stay until 7pm on terrace.

great place, great manager and owner, beautiful locations, nice neighborhood - absolutely a visit again kinda place!

jordi is incrediblhg friendly and helpful, the room is great and the balcony was especially amazing.

• 27th May 2014

We had a really good time at Montjuic. The location is great because it is close to the metro and sights but also quiet at night. The place has everything you need and is very clean and comfortable. Even bed linen and towels were changed after two days. I would definitely recommend this place and would come back when I visit Barcelona next time.

Great place to stay. I travelled on my own so it was perfect for me.

Great place to stay in Barcelona. Manager very helpful. Convenient to Metro, with bank and food stores down the street. Great Cafe down the block for AM coffee. We will stay here, when we come back to Barcelona.

The wifi in the house didn't work at the time of our stay. That said.... in barcelona there is a lot of free wifi in the city. Our stay was super!!! We will definitely come back again.

• 10th Apr 2014