Montreal Central Reviews

1586 St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec, Montreal, Canada

Staff were lovely, free breakfast was great, wifi was reliable. Free tour of the Montreal Area was also fantastic! Would visit again :)

Beautiful hostel that felt like a hotel. I met a few other friendly travelers that were staying in my room and - big bonus - all the rooms have ensuite bathrooms, so you don't have to trek to the communal shower! The room/linens were clean, there was plenty of space (for a hostel), breakfast was good, the staff were nice, and the lockers were secure. I will warn you that you put a $10 refund down for the lock, but it is refunded when you return the lock. Overall I would highly recommend.

• 26th Sep 2014

I can not say enough good things about this place. If they were to create a model hostel that all others should aspire to be like, it would be Montreal Central.Stay there you wont be sorry.

The hostel is just at the back of the central bus station. The hostel has a clear description on the reservation confirmation, so you just need to find the Bus 747 at the airport and walk that 5 minutes approx., after you get off the bus at the last stop. The people at the reception are very friendly, informative and ready to help. The facilities (room, kichen, lobby) are quite new.

Positives: Great location, staff and facilities. Negatives: None

By far my favorite hostel on my week-and-a-half tour of Eastern Canada. The staff is excellent, breakfast is great and includes homemade croissants. It and the M Hotel are run by the same company so the hostel is technically even bigger. There's a tour every other day that lasts a little over two hours and you get a sense of the city. Made some great friends at this hostel and actually extended my stay one day. Definitely will stay again on my next trip to Montreal!

Very impressed with the staff and how clean the place was. However, I was disappointed that the activities listed on their website were at another hostel 4 blocks away and even those activities were not held as scheduled. A big reason I chose Montreal Central was based on the activities listed on their website because I would be able to spend my nights in the hostel I was staying at instead of having to be out late at night. I did go for the 9pm Karaoke but by 11:30pm it had not started yet.

• 21st Sep 2014

Nice staff and if you enjoy meeting people at the hostel, their bar is a place you must go. Every night there is something going on there, and the prices are not bad!

• 21st Sep 2014

Genuinely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in - having visited Europe, the Middle East, and Asia extensively. This hostel hits a great balance of many things! Awesome location, friendly / interesting / laidback staff. Came back one night to freshly baked croissants. Huge, clean, fancy shower. You even get towels? How can they do this?? And the price?? Are you kidding me? Stay here right now, these types of places tend not to exist, but can only be fantasized about. Very cool place!

• 20th Sep 2014

We loved staying at Montreal Central. It's around the corner from the UQAM-Berri metro station, so it is very easy to get to from the airport via public transit only (no taxi!). St-Denis is just a couple streets away with lots of places to eat and drink. Because of the close proximity to the metro station it's easy to get anywhere else in the city. We loved the staff (especially Tebo!) and met some great other travelers. Clean and safe. Highly recommend! :)

The hostelentrance is like a hotel, very beautifull. Also right next to a metrostation.

Amazing Hostel to stay at! Amazing location! on the street behind the main bus terminal and very close to Berri-Quam Metro! Can get you where ever you want in Montréal from here! Staff are fantastic, events on nightly. Rooms are great with each bed getting its own power point and light. This is the sister hostel of M Montreal and you can tell - its amazing! Would highly recommend! Only thing is the Wifi wasn't very good in the rooms and the other hostel has the bar downstairs. Way better than HI

The six bed dorm is tiny! Not many places to store your stuff, particularly if you're on a top bunk. (Although the small boxes on each bed were good)

Really good location, you can rent a bixi bike right around the corner and since tis is central location you can easily ride to all the attractions.

• 12th Sep 2014

Montreal Central is a very clean place with friendly stuff. We recommend it to everybody.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Best hostel I have ever stayed in by far, its basically a hotel! We had a private room, which was serviced every day. All really clean. We had our own air conditioning/heating and a TV. Free croissants were awesome, but a good variety of things to have swell. Staff were all really friendly, approachable and helpful. Great location right near lots of bars but also less than 50m from berri-UQAM station so youre never further than 10 mins away form anywhere downtown! Amazing!

• 10th Sep 2014

Great location, right next to a station. Sure the parking lot wasn't great at the back of the room, but otherwise. I loved having air conditioning in the room, thanks! I actually walked past this hostel, I thought it was a hotel. I'd suggest adding the word hostel somewhere on the sign. Also the breakfast was great but please healthier options please. Also issues with the toilet, please check in on maintenance.

• 9th Sep 2014

Claude, receptionist by night and tour guide by day is a gem - he also bakes the best croissants this side of Paris. But I didn't run into a single person, staff or guest that was less than helpful, pleasant and welcoming. Walk to St. Denis for night life, St. Catherine for shopping, and plenty of drug stores, a grocery and food within a block or two. Laundromat was just down the street, room (4 bed dorm) had a TV and a mini fridge, everything was immaculate. Great stay!

Was a bit disappointed that everyone was directed to their sister hostel to socialize for entertainment and stuff. I like Hostel's where people get together in the bar and meet each other over drinks but only have to walk upstairs to bed when they are tired. Obviously, with everyone heading down to the other hostel there weren't many people in the bar at night which was a shame. It was a lot better atmosphere a couple years ago. But still a nice place, great location and the staff were awesome.

• 5th Sep 2014

I had a really good stay at Montreal Central, it is super clean, I had a bathroom in my room, and a good space inside it. They provide a good breakfast (only wish they had fruits), change the towels every single day. Although, I felt something was missing, as I didn't get to meet so many people, and the sensation was that it was empty. Not so many people at the commun areas and no so many activities, but despite of these little things, everything went well and I strongly recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5