Montreal Central Reviews

1586 St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec, Montreal, Canada

Claude, receptionist by night and tour guide by day is a gem - he also bakes the best croissants this side of Paris. But I didn't run into a single person, staff or guest that was less than helpful, pleasant and welcoming. Walk to St. Denis for night life, St. Catherine for shopping, and plenty of drug stores, a grocery and food within a block or two. Laundromat was just down the street, room (4 bed dorm) had a TV and a mini fridge, everything was immaculate. Great stay!

Was a bit disappointed that everyone was directed to their sister hostel to socialize for entertainment and stuff. I like Hostel's where people get together in the bar and meet each other over drinks but only have to walk upstairs to bed when they are tired. Obviously, with everyone heading down to the other hostel there weren't many people in the bar at night which was a shame. It was a lot better atmosphere a couple years ago. But still a nice place, great location and the staff were awesome.

• 5th Sep 2014

Great time, Great Place, Great People. Buy a metro Card and this location will treat you very well. Staff couldn't have been more accommodative and the facilities were just what we were looking for.

Awesome hostel with great staff always something happening free walking tours etc loved this place

The staff is really friendly and helpful, my whole stay was very pleasant.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

I loved my stay in Montreal Central. But the hostel's picture in the hostelworld's website didn't correspond the hostel I've stayed. In addition there is no pub within the hostel, as was the description. The pub is situated in another hostel, two blocks away! Nevertheless, I loved my stay! The staff was awesome, and the room was always very clean.

The luggage storage was not so secure - you only had to point at a bag and say it was yours to take it out.

• 21st Aug 2014

Hostel is a great location for night life and right next to the Metro. Staff were friendly, Wi-Fi was good. Nice clean kitchen. Would recommend and, would stay again

The location is good, metro is almost at the doorsteps. Events are sometimes hosted at Berri square, I was slightly affected because I didn't appreciate their music. Wifi wasn't very fast but sufficient, although it did go down for about 30 - 60 mins twice when I was there. Breakfast was great, croissants were made by staffs in the morning (4am!). Printing facilities included for free. Rooms cleaned and towels changed daily.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Really nice hostel, I like the decoration, it has a very nice modern look. The staff was really helpful! It was very clean. The breakfast was OK, the coffee wasn't very good though. There wasn't many things going on, they have other hostel and all activities were there.

Greatest and most fun I have ever had at a hostel.

• 17th Aug 2014

I would recommend this place to my friends.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • China

Everything about this hostel is good. Super friendly staff, great location and good rooms. 100% recommended.

• 14th Aug 2014

Hostel was great but one of our reservations was left off. The staff we met were incredibly kind and informative about the city but whoever we made our reservation with on the phone completely left off a member of our party.

The hostel is very clean and the staff are very friendly.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Lebanon

The room was in the cave/ cellar ! with a very small blocked windows = juste like a jail !! The bar wasn't nice. The location is near a big bus station, and there was a lot of homeless around the street. Really lower than expected !!! How this hostel win awards etc ????

The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The location was perfect for our visit. Close proximity to the metro and old Montreal. Breakfast was basic but good, daily activities posted. We enjoyed our stay very much.

I'm going to be 100% truthful. As my first hostel experience , I would say it was terrific. But you can't compare it to a hotel, which was my initial mistake. Once I got over the difference, I really embraced the environment. All the staff, especially Ben, were funny and so accommodating. The ambiance of the place was very homey and friendly. It is in a perfect location, steps away from St. Denis and St. Catherine (both busy strrets ). Beer pong Tuesdays was a blast ! Will definitely return!!

• 11th Aug 2014

This is a good hostel which has excellent transport links and a great breakfast. There is also a free tour on the city by the hostel. Very good.

Staff was very helpful and got to meet a lot of cool people. Would recommend this hostel to friends!

• 4th Aug 2014