Montreal Central Reviews

1586 St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec, Montreal, Canada

Sketchy area but great hostel!

• 14th Nov 2014

Excellent staff, organisation of rooms and atmosphere in general!

• 14th Nov 2014

This hostel is in an excellent location, has excellent staff, and the free coffee in the morning is not bad at all! Definitely worth the money and the company you meet is unreal!

Nice newly renovated lobby, very clean, never saw the cleans come in and make my bed.

• 9th Nov 2014

This place is awesome! Great location and atmosphere. Everything a hostel should be!

I've been to many hostels in my time traveling Europe and Canada and Montreal Central was arguable the best one. The staff were very helpful not only in getting us situated at the hostel but they provided useful information regarding how to navigate the city of Montreal. I look forward to returning to Montreal and I certainly look forward to being back at Montreal Central.

• 7th Nov 2014

Stayed in a private room. The hostel is clean and proper, but the old room decor and furniture really leaves a bad impression; looks like they purchased an old hotel but kept the room furniture as well as the bed covers - kinda disappointing. Breakfast was good, but nothing to write home about. After travelling many hostels, the old bread, jam, coffee continental stuff is kinda boring. Regardless, I'd still recommend the place.

• 4th Nov 2014

I haven't stayed in a hostel for a long time but now they are competing with sites like Airbnb they should be more helpful towards tourists. The staff should offer suggestions on places to visit other than museums which you can Google yourself. Also letting people check into rooms after 11pm is not acceptable and there should be a cutoff time as it is very disruptive when people have settled for the night.

• 26th Oct 2014

Best free buffet breakfast I've ever had at a hostel! Cheap beer, incredibly friendly staff and very clean facilities. I stayed in a twin private rather than a dorm. The bed was a little creaky and the TV wouldn't pick up any channels but the wifi worked everywhere in the building. This isn't a party hostel, it would suit anyone maybe a litte older than the standard backpacker crowd who doesn't want to spend a lot on a hotel they will hardly be in.

• 24th Oct 2014

Great atmosphere, clean, huge space, a nice breakfast included. Kind staff, good location. Only, the window in the room cannot be opened, so it get's stinky and humid after a few days.

Always nice to stay in Montreal Central, value for money is good and location is great.

• 22nd Oct 2014

OMG!! I love this place a lot! What a surprise, this hostel? Should call any name more than just a hostel?! All staff are so kind and good enough to sleep the bed also, washroome is... just fantastic!! ( i've been stay various hostel in Canada and i think here is the best ever!) So... here we go! I canceled another Inn near the Berri Qam staion and extend my stay here:) Good location also help me to go anywhere easily! !

• 21st Oct 2014
  • South Korea

You can bring whoever into your room.. because of this I was woken by a man and his one night stand, disgusting!

• 20th Oct 2014

My son and I stayed the night and enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. We had a private room and the fridge was an added plus. The breakfast was quite good as well and got us off an a good start for the day. The staff was very helpful as well.

• 18th Oct 2014

This hostel was absolutely perfect in everyway. Beautiful building and very nice rooms and the free continental breakfast was fabulous. The staff was so nice and I would absolutely recommended this Hostel to anyone!

• 16th Oct 2014

Great location and great facilities. Would highly recommend.

Great staff, very clean, great location, cool atmosphere!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Clean, welcoming, comfy! Great hostel!

Here is how I evaluate breakfasts at hostels: - fresh veggies - fresh fruits - cold cuts (meat) - cheese - yogurt - boiled eggs So I ate a boiled egg with a coffee and that was it. A gluten-free person goes hungry at your hostel!

• 9th Oct 2014

My stay at Montreal Central was excellent thanks to the staff and very nice facilities. Thank you!

• 6th Oct 2014