Montreal Central Reviews

1586 St-Hubert, Montreal, Quebec, Montreal, Canada

Convenient location near bus terminal. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room is very clean as well as bath room and other common areas. Free tea and coffee all day. Breakfast is included which is good. :)

Best Hostel ever! Extremely clean (is cleaned + fresh towels every day), great staff, very helpful, great lounge, good location (everything is walkable but metro and bike station nearby). I was just absolutely amazed even though the outside is not thaaat good.

Surpassed what I expected. Five mins to bus central and Metro, two blocks to Latin Quarter on Rue St Denis and every kind of food, pubs and restaurants. Continental breakfast, all you can eat.

• 11th May 2015

This hostel was perfect for what my boyfriend and I were looking for! We got a private room similar to what a normal hotel would get us for a cheaper price and got breakfast, wifi and a free walking your on top of that! the staff was super friendly and it was quiet so never an issue when sleeping. They aren't much of a party hostel but their partner hostel has a bar and events that you can go to and it's only about 5 blocks away!

The best hostel where i have stayed. So much good.

It might be nice to have a centred living room so all the guest can share together

It was a great stay. Very clean and well decorated and almost all of the staff were super helpful and kind. However, one night the older man that works there kind of lectured my partner and I for sleeping in the same bed in our dorm. We had paid for two beds but were sharing one. He told us that others in the dorms had complained about us sharing a bed, but the only other people in the dorm were another couple that shared a bed and another person that we had not met yet.

I go every year and I love this place!

• 28th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Just one thing, most staff were welcoming while one staff member in particular was quite unhelpful. For example, at check out, we needed to store a piece of luggage and this staff member acted as though we were asking for a huge favour and implied that there wouldn't be space even though it was for only one small bag. Similarly, felt like we were disturbing her when we needed a taxi called or had any questions. Otherwise, most of our experience at this hostel was quite good.

• 27th Apr 2015

This hostel was nice, to the standard of a standard hotel. The rating for the cleanliness is poor as the floors were wet without additional floor towels to remedy this problem. Also, people used the bathrooms so frequently that the entire room smelled like poop, more than twice! Another thing, two folks complained about a creepy man the night before, and they still allowed him to stay in the 8 bed room. The folks woke up to him staring them in the face saying ta belle, then it happened to me too

• 25th Apr 2015

best hostel in Montreal. You will regret if you don't stay there!

• 24th Apr 2015
  • China

One of the very best hostels I have stayed in. Very clean (daily cleaning + fresh towel daily), 24/7 reception with helpful and knowledgeable staff, good breakfast with croissants, boiled eggs, waffles. They also have adaptors (with deposit which you get back after returning it), do your laundry for a fee (pricey but they do fold them etc), ATM on-site, enough personal plugs for each bed (no fighting for plugs!), reverse aircon, lockers in rooms - These little extras are very much appreciated!

I've stayed at Montreal Central twice and I have no complains at all about this hostel. Simply the best hostel I've been! Staff always friendly and helpful, infra-structure outstanding, well located, decent breakfast and great environment. Good job! Whenever I go to Montréal I choose this place and always recommend to other people too. Thanks!

I stayed in this hostel for 4 nights weekend time, this is very good location near the central gay bars, all clean, pretty small, the dorm of 7 was half empty which was nice and quiet to me, there is a nice public area to chill out.

Amazing staff, exceptionally clean, great value and brilliant location. It's a small place, which has a number of benefits, but be prepared to head over to their other hostel for any activities or events.

I appreciate how helpful they were before I checked in and after I checked out .

• 8th Apr 2015

Very nice, good looking, and clean. However the door of my room ( I think 212) kept rattling through the night as other rooms opened and closed their doors which kept me up. Also, there were not enough outlets, and the fight for charging your phone was real.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Perfect. Way beyond my expectation.

it's a nice place. I will go there again.

Staying at MontrealCentral was great! This was my first time at a hostel and I loved it. The only thing was our door's deadbolt lock didn't completely work, but other than that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here!

• 2nd Apr 2015