MoonPad LA Arts District Reviews

125 South Boyle Avenue, Los Angeles, USA

That hostel is the worst I have ever stayed. We were scared to spend our night there after 2(!!!) hours waiting for check in. There are people who live there (some "live" there since already 2months) and people spend their night in the hallway and all over the place on air matressesIt was dirty and totally unorganized,it looked like a psychatry! Please do not stay in that hostel if you want to have a great time in LA! I would not even recommend it for a sleepover. Please stay somewhere else!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Totally rubbish!! The environment in rooms is disgusting and smelly

They make you pay a $5 cleaning fee that is not mentioned on the website. also very confusing signage posted up around the hostel that says if you use the fridge you will be charged $25 but then the staff tell you its ok to use it.

Staff was ok but slow. No keys on doors. Dirty bathroom. People sleep in the hallway behind a curtain on a mattress on the floor. Just go for another hostel.

I traveled around the world and stayed in many hostels but this one was the least welcoming and very controversial place to stay. There is no management at all. Nobody knows anything and the staff is always after your money & sell food. The breakfast is a joke. I stayed there 4 nights but I had breakfast only once. The structure and the system is completely non-sense. People sleep all over on the floor. Be aware extra cleaning cost. But the place is not clean. Location is good only. :)

really it was so bad everybody can go there without any checking.there is no security there. homeless people and stripdancers come there and the others must live with them. none of doors have locker unless the main door. there alot of bedbugs on mattresses and in the rooms... the important thinge that make me sad and unsatisfied was about security. this hostel really is unsafe... somebody stole my expensive laptop and some my stuffs nobody was responsible for

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Iran

It seems like a Hostel experiment. It is quite bad organize. A lot of is broken special in the bathroom the shower equipment. You have badluck?-than you get a noisy air matraze in socialroom. With a little bit more luck a noisy air matraz in a bed. It doesn't matter if you have areservation before 3 days. Otherwise the people there nice and fiendly. I think they try to get it organize and do it nice. They have good ideas and the house is not that bad, but they have to do something.

The worst hostel I've stayed in. I was expected to sleep on the floor of the lounge when they had over extended themselves. The staff were either drunk or clueless. The air bed they had set up for me had half deflated by the time I went to bed and the staff weren't around so I had to take the cushions off of the couch and set up something myself. But the worst thing was having to pay $2 for a coffee in the morning and there not being anyone around to set it up, for that fact there wasn't re.....

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Never seen something like that.Some guests had to sleep on air mattresses,people came in during the night and slept in the hostel without paying,kitchen was not to be used by guests and stove was leaking gas but the owner did not bother to check on it,the bathrooms were extremely dirty. Facilities described on Hostelworld are bs.For more than 30 hours there was NOBODY responsible available,NO BREAKFAST,no foosball,no key card,no restaurant,no luggage storage... Sad that this is listed here.

No breakfast- staff never there- only one shower worked and that broke second day there, don't stay here I've stayed at some bad hostels but this take the top spot!

The manager had a party the 2nd night I was there about 200 people showed up. I had people walking through my room while I was trying to sleeping. The music was so loud and it didn't end until 7am the next day and it started at 9pm the night before. Then that morning of the party ending the electricity got turned off about 8am. I killed three bug beds in my bed. I really did not have a good stay here. Stay somewhere else if you can afford to.

• 12th Jun 2014

Great place to stay. Staff is very welcoming and the guests are always very contact friendly.

• 12th Jun 2014

Didn't like this hostel at all. The beds were TERRIBLE! They don't have normal matresses but blow-up matresses. Halfway the night all the air was gone, so I went to the common room to sleep on the couch. The shower was cold and very dirty. Also, they charged me more then they supposed to, they refused to calculated the fee I paid hostelworld. On top of this all, I was told to watch out for one of my roommates because he was 'giving some trouble', so I didn't feel safe at all.

• 4th Jun 2014

I paid in cash and I never got a receipt.

The staff is nice but this is the only good point. This hotel is really dirty, bed sheet come from salvage with stain from we don't know where, same for the towels. Air mattress for bed, mine was broken. Maintenance worker who don't know how to wash the floor, by using only water... Efficient less. Same for bathroom. And the worst, bed-bugs !

A good cheap place to stay. However this place can be so much more, it;s packed with potential, yet I think the owners are currently, not totally committed to making this hostel their top priority,

There is a metro station just out side, that makes it easy to travel about. No self locking doors to rooms like most hostels in LA. Good common rooms. Kitchen will probably be better when they fix the oven, maybe get a fridge that guest could use, and kitchen utensil like cups and plates. I had a good time there Mexican shopping street close by with really less experience clothes.

This hostel quirky and alternative hostel is situated in a cool part of LA, really close to downtown but without the loud noise and traffic of other hostels! The staff were really friendly and helpful and the range of other guest was amazing! I had a great time at this place and wish them all the best for the future!

• 25th May 2014