MoonPad LA Arts District Reviews

125 South Boyle Avenue, Los Angeles, USA

Great crash pad. Older but large house with a great view upstairs. Great nightlife downtown which is a few minute drive. Or just a few stops on the bus. I would've preferred a kitchen but since I ate out most of the time it was kool. Some rooms are better than other ones it's like 7 rooms, so if you come choose wisely.

No kitchen, one Bathroom for 3 or 4 rooms of 6 beds. No lockers to store valuables.

• 13th Oct 2014

There's an amazing view on the top balcony of the city that I enjoyed. It's mostly a Mexican Area with many Mexican shops and bars in walking distance. I really love the city and it,s a couple miles to the heart of LA. As long as I can do my 3 S I'M good, Sleep, Sh*t and Shower. I'ts great place for 20 somethings. Santa Monica Pier ( the beach), Hollywood blvd, and Venus Beach are must see places. This was way better than spending 80 buks per night at a hotel that I would rarely be at anyway.

I did enjoy my stay. I was able to meet people from all over and it was almost like a family atmosphere. I didn't see any bedbugs, heard they hired an exterminator not long ago. The price was well worth it. Nowhere else will you find prces this cheap. If your looking for a honeymoon spot for you and your mate or friend you will be disappointed. But if you just need a place to crash while in LA, and spend most of your time enjoying the beach then this is a good spot. Great value, great location.

I was able to get some great sleep here. I met a few people here that I was able to hang out with while here. I'm use to a little more Luxury but since everywhere else charges so much money I was glad to find this place !

Great stay, great price, love LA.

There are improvements happening. Cleaning has gotten better. Fun and laidback place. There are still bedbugs in some rooms and some staff can be rude or overbearing, but good place over-all.

don't stay here 마약소굴인줄 알았습니다 2일 예약했는데 하루밤자고 도망쳤어요 오후 6시부터 새벽3시까지 노래부르고 파티하고 자고있는데 새벽에 흑인이 방에 들어와서 왜자냐고 놀자고 새벽1시에 나가달라는데 몸더듬고 겨우내보내고 문잠궜는데 계속두두리면서 방앞에서 이상한담배피고 죽는줄알았습니다. 절대 머물지마세요 차라리 노숙을하세요

• 27th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Good times at Moonpad. Very laidback.

Great balcony ontop of an already gorgeous setting. Clean air sweeps through and people arr very laidback. Great diverse travelers from everywhere. People can be rough around the edges and you need to watch your stuff, but it's a great hostel none the less. Plus the neighborhood is clean, safe and fun w great inexpensive food.

BugsPad can be a better name for this dirty hostel because the old wooden walls of this hostel are full of BED BUGS which suck your blood and leave a sign on your skin which remains for weeks or even months and if you want to leave the place because of bed bugs THEY DON'T REFUND your remaining payment . The price is not cheap because they charge u for different excuses like cleaning fee $5, deposit $3 , towel $2, parking $5 tax side costs like going to doctor for being bitten by BED BUGS..

• 16th Sep 2014

A bigger tv and a better system to keep up with when people are leaving gives this place the potential to be a great place

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Puerto Rico

I made a huge complain already, I sent an email to u already either!!!!!! If ur not going to communicate w me, I will contact the fair trade.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

They have re-done this place well. No more bedbugs! Wonderful area, friendly staff, the works. You may want to sleep with your wallet under your pillow, but the best value and a great place overall.

Bed bugs tore my assistant up!..legs and arms too!!

To begin with this place is NOT in arts district, Arts District is more than mile West from that place. Pros: - Close to train station Cons: - Air beds instead of normal mattresses - BEDBUGS infested (tourist you might want to Google this, its not roaches - this ones drink your blood and can transfer AIDS or other diseases) - Overall look like is very cheap like its shelter. - WiFI signal is Weak - Staff speak no English - They give blanket used in airplanes. - No Refunds - Laundry Broken

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Russia

I think the hostel is very nice for the price. Obviously with anything the better it is the more its going to cost. I met cool people here. The staff is cool and the night I came it was an amazing party going on out back. It's right across from the train station and a few minutes to downtown LA. No it's not the Ritz Carlton but for the price....not bad. Thanks guys !

Rude staff. Disgusting and stained sheets. AIR MATTRESS in beds. The kitchen was barely unusable because of the high level of dirtyness!!! Unsafe location. We were charged for a 4people dorm and got a 6 people dorm AND they charged us an upper amount that hostelworld told us.

• 30th Aug 2014

Staff is friendly. First time staying in this hostel it has a great location. Easy access to LA downtown or other areas. House is pretty big. I recommend this hostel if your on a tight budget.

• 29th Aug 2014

Came to LA to visit friends and stayed in the Boyle Heights neighborhood. This hostel was close to Union Station and cheap, plus they had free breakfast and wifi.

« first « Prev 1 2 3