Moonstone Hostel Reviews

94/67 Moo 6 BanTai, Haadrin, Koh Phangan, Thailand

My brother had me recommend this dormitory. Excellent hostel, great staff, great atmosphere, recommended for all backpackers!!

• 16th Jun 2014

Loved this hostel! Stayed for full moon party, and it was prime! Great location, great staff and a big enough dorm for everyone to hang out! Amazing

• 11th Jun 2014

It is difficult to find a good hostel in Haad Rin during full moon party, but Moonstone was pretty good. PROS: Individual outlets, lights, and mini-fans; powerful A/C with two supplementary fans to keep the room cool. Neat decor. CONS: It's a bit cramped, since it is a store that was converted into a hostel with 20 beds. Starts to show with the 2 washrooms, which are quite humid, and got disguising quickly as they got dirty from being used by 20 people.

If you're looking for a place to stay for full moon party, you won't get much better than this. The staff are extremely nice and helpful, it's just a minute or two away from the party beach, and the atmosphere there is very fun. As a semi-experienced traveler, I would highly recommend this hostel

Book 1 night but stayed 5 nights. This out of all the many hostels i have stayed in is the best its the atmosphere the staff are just so friendly they bring everyone together the pre partys at the hostel you don't want to even leave and the air con is lush the beds so comfy just can't think of a better place to stay.

• 9th Jun 2014

Honestly, when you book a Playboy-themed hostel, you can't expect much, and luckily we did not. The staff (aside from the random European man we saw working one morning) doesn't seem to speak a word of English. They weren't unpleasant, just not exactly attentive. The dorm was fine, average beds and setup with lockers and personal fan, outlet and light. The bathrooms were grossly moist all the time, but they cleaned daily. It's a bit quiet, and far from the beach, but for $3/night, it's a steal!

You have 3 staff who work in the day. The European is the boss who speaks French, Thai and English. I assure you my day starts at 6:00 am :O). You can see me in the morning or in the evening at the bar. 3 beaches are 3 minutes walk. See you :O)

It was low season and there was only 3 people total in hostel but the room was soo hot. The staff wouldn't let up turn on both air-con. If I had my choice I would stay somewhere else next time. But for 100bt you get what you pay for.

• 27th May 2014

You have 2 air con in the dormitory. There are customers that turn off air con starting. You just have to turn on arriving. My staff and I often turn on the air con in the dormitory. Thank you for your stay.

The main thing that bugged me was that the showers/toilet where not clean and so small you couldn't turn your but. Also most of the staff didn't speak English which is kind of annoying. The interior has a lovely hooker playboy feel, kkind of strange but that's just personal I guess. The bed is cool and everyone had their own powerplug and personal little fan.

• 20th May 2014

I like the interior decoration ! Really impressed with moonstone, very clean and even though it is a 20 bed dorm you feel very comfortable and theres alot of little touches that make it different (individual fans above the bed) Would stay here again ! ;O)

• 19th Mar 2014

Great location near the beach, friendly staff, 2 air con for 20 persons, clean, very good thai food, cheap bucket every night (150.- baht), would definitely stay again. 10/10

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

I originally booked this hostel for 2 nights and ended up staying 5 as I loved it so much. One of the best hostels I've stayed in I really can't fault it. Chris, Jojo and Naing who work there were legends. I'll definately be back !

• 7th Mar 2014

Super cool hostel with many nice people. I originally booked this hostel for 2 nights and ended up staying 5 nights as I loved it so much. Close to most of the islands hilarious parties! has a lounge bar excellent to hang out and cure ur hangover. One of the best hostels I've stayed in I really can't fault it. I'll definately be back!

• 19th Feb 2014

İt's cool and very interesting hostel. The ambient isn't usual and funny :). The beds are comfortable, the bunks are strong, some of them very wide, can be sleep easily two persons.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

Thank you for your stay. We are in Koh Phangan ;O) still under the bucket effect ;O)

Super dormitory with all comfort. Very good cocktails and Shisha at the lounge bar.

• 1st Feb 2014

I came to the Halfmoon. I had a great time in this hostel. It is like home. The top. Thank you again and soon.

• 24th Jan 2014