Morag's Lodge Reviews

Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, Scotland

It's long time before this I stayed in a hostel and actually now I an say it's probably better to stay in hostel than hotel if you are young and enjoy meeting people. I would love to visit again and spend good time here. People and staff were very friendly and helpful in everything. Enjoyed my stay and night activity is what you don't ant to miss. It's lot of fun. We played quiz and danced foe hours nd hours. Amazing stay.

Me and my girlfriend stopped by Morag's Lodge during our road trip of Scotland. Although the place was quite nice, we had an horrible night due to their decision to transform the onsite bar (directly below our room) in a disco with loud music blasting until almost 2am. Due to this carelessness towards their hosts, I would definitely not recommend this hostel (which was also one of the most expensive in our trip). The kitchen cleaning was also below average.

• 9th Aug 2015

The facilities here are fantastic and the staff very helpful and nice. My only complaint is that the lodge caters to massive group bookings and tours, which made for a very touristy experience as the large crowds tended to overwhelm the place. Also, they frown on BYOB, except in the dorm rooms, because they have an onsite bar, which caters to the group tours. Still, I enjoyed my stay.

Very very good accommodation. Welcoming and helpful staff. Excellent location. Would highly recommend

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I did not enjoy myself at this hostel. Although the idea of an ensuite bathroom sounds nice, it isn't when you're in a coed room. Our shower smelled HORRIBLE. And even stunk up the hallway. There was a man in my room that snored loud enough to shake the walls. Hostel is located up a steep hill, not fun to climb multiple times after walking the GGW all day. Breakfast wasn't impressive, and there is nowhere near enough seating for everyone. Pro: nice electric power bars on bunk beds!

Awesome staff. Clean rooms. Great location. The on sight bar is pretty sweet. We had a pub quiz the night we were there. It was loads of fun. Great place overall. I would definitely recommend staying at Morag's.

Great, welcoming, homey hostel with a bar inside (and lots of fun events to go with it!). It's the kind of hostel where you want to stick around and hang out instead of go out (which is good because there's not much in Fort Augustus!).

The kitchen and dinning area was too small for the number of people staying in my view. Breakfast was chaotic, I think when handing out the breakfast tickets you should have a time slot thereby limiting the number of people coming at anyone time or get a bigger dinning room. As a couple we found it not value for money when compared to a B&B. Also in the shower I would have liked stool or somewhere to put my stuff other than on the floor.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

We really enjoyed our stay! The staff was wonderful! The mattresses were a bit hard, though.

• 25th May 2015

Great shower!!!

Very clean and comfortable with great friendly staff. A bar on site is always a plus. Cute little town right on Loch Ness. Brilliant hostel!

• 25th Apr 2015