Morag's Lodge Reviews

Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, Scotland

Extremely comfortable, lovely and modern rooms, bathrooms, communal areas, bar etc. Staff great, really professional, polite and helpful. Overall really super hostel. Whole building security great but one small thing is that individual lockers in rooms would have been good.

we could not have wished for better treatment. I will recommend this place to anyone. Thank you.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Morag's Lodge. What I loved best was the warm and friendly staff. They were very helpful and prompt.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • India

Insufficient drying facilities if there was a 'full house' and very wet Scottish weather! No outer door on the womens washroom (though unsure if males use that area or not) Liked the idea of the help yourself breakfast. Plenty of sitting room etc in the reception/entrance area.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommed to others .

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The door to the bathroom creaked really loudly. I had my bed right next to it. All through the night people seemed to be getting in and out and using the bathroom. Kept me up pretty much all night. All else was good.

• 8th Aug 2014

We needed good clean basic accommodation for one night while in Fort Augustus, and this was all we wanted and more. Also everyone was very tolerant of the young ( rather rowdy) children in our big family group, thank you staff and other hostel visitors.

• 31st Jul 2014

Well set up for families, good facilities, kids had fun, happy kids equals happy parents

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Argentina
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Best Hostel of the Great Glen Way!

We came up for a three day (two nights) stay from London and had an excellent time. Very friendly and helpful staff, a smooth running hostel and neither of the four of us had any complaints = completely satisfied with our stay and would definitely visit again if we are ever in the area. Any down points? Some nicked my slice of toast lol #Jokes ..nothing negative to add. Thank you to the Morag's Lodge team!

• 14th Jul 2014

nice place.

Friendliest staff on the planet! Great hostel.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great accomodation we were based in the 6-beds ensuite room very clean and comfy I can't see any weak sides .Highly recommended!!!. I would stay again!!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Our stay at Morags Lodge was short but enjoyable. The staff were friendly and helpfull. The room was spotless and the breakfast was value for money, you could also book your evening meal as well, the beds were comfy and clean. Would stay there again if going up Loch Ness, Fort Augustus was very picturesque, unfortunately Nessie was being shy on our trip.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

It was a good experience in general. The hostel has a pub which is a good thing and the music was so loud, it was the negative point under my opinion.

Found it to be a comfortable and quiet place, clean and well kept with friendly staff.

• 28th May 2014

Great staff, very helpful and very friendly. Would stay again.

Friendly staff, no problem with our late arrival, comfortable bed, bike hire,... what more to add? Highly recommend!

• 10th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great stay, friendly staff, good Sunday dinner and breakfast, value for money. Will stay again.

• 4th May 2014
  • Scotland

Staff... I love you all! Thanks for the amaZing welcome and time getting to know you all.