Moritomizu Backpackers Reviews

1-6-2 Nakagosho, Nagano, Nagano, Nagano, Japan

Great location but beds were uncomfortable

I stayed here for a couple of nights in May (25-27) 2014. This was one of my favourite hostels in Japan. The staff were so friendly which really made my stay at the hostel worthwhile. The location is ideal if you're travelling in via shinkansen. It's only a 5 minute walk from the station and you can follow the tracks so it's easy to find. If I come back to Nagano in the future to visit I will definitely be staying here again. Thanks to all the staff at Moritomizy! :)

Looks like an old hotel, in the dorms there is a shower and toilet but not in use. Since it was a pass through it was ok, but wouldnt stay there for a longer period.

A little tired and in need on TLC, one working bath/shower room for the entire backpackers is not enough (even though we booked a shower time other guests paid no attention to this) no running water above 2nd floor is not great either!

I am very sorry, but we have two shower rooms and three toilets. We might not tell you of it enough. And yes, we have guest rooms on 3rd floor, but we have running water only on the 2nd floor and 1st floor.

thanks a lot to the staff! they we`re all the time so friendly and helpful for all kind of question or problem.

The location of this hostel gives it a big plus in my book. I read the review that dammed the hostel for not allowing re entry while the cleaning rcess is underway. I do not think the backpackers who complained have a leg to stand on as the Hostel spells out exactlly what the situation is in regard to checking out. The staff were always pleasant and willing to give assistance

An oldschool hostel, near the train station one of the easiest to find. You have to vacate between 11 and 4 everyday even if you stay here for a few nights it could be inconvenient but if you're sight seeing you'll be out anyway.

Thank you for staying with us. Yes, we are the nearest hostel from Nagano station, maybe less than 5min on foot. And we are sorry we have lockout hours from 11 to 4(soon it will be changed to 10:30am-4pm). Please enjoy sight seeing, or we can tell you cafes and libraries you can relax.