Moritomizu Backpackers

Fabulous 193 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 193 Total Reviews

14th Jan 2017

Small, friendly place. Very helpful. Enjoyed chatting with the staff and the mixture of families and skiers who were also staying. They held my bag while I went to Snow Monkey park, that worked out very well. Biggest con was the oder of the kerosene heaters.

22nd Nov 2016

Even though I gave it a TEN, great and friendly staff and very clean - the mattresses are thin futons and very uncomfortable (I asked another guest if it was me and they agreed about the beds), AND they kick you out from 11am4pm. I had a sore leg and needed a "down" day to hang out and rest, but had to wander about town until 4pm when we were allowed back in. The kitchen is good and the common room is very comfortable. In summary, a most excellent hostel very close to the Nagano train station!

• BrandonRowlands1997
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016
2.0

Worst hostel.... canceled my booking when I was arriving even though I payed a security deposit to insure my stay would definitely not recommend staying here ever because they will probably do the same to you even when I got there the place was a mess nobody even said hello and the staff weren't polite or helpful , remorseful in any way when I asked for my security deposit back there response was "we don't care" probably the worst experience I've ever had in a hostel traveling the world!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
6th Nov 2016
8.0

The staff here were extremely friendly and spoke very good English. The hostel is about a 2 minute walk from Nagano station and within walking distance to all of the main attractions in the city. I highly recommend it.

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Oct 2016

There's not a tonne of things to see in nagano it's self, it's better as a Base for the surrounding area so the location of this hostel next to the station is perect. It's clean and comfor table with a lovely relaxing communal area- maybe not great for parties but good for conversation. Staff were super helpful - receptionist even called up a tixket counter in Tokyo when I was having problems buying concert tickets which was mega helpful. Would definitley recomend.

• England, Couple, 25-30
1st Oct 2016
7.4

The private room on the 3rd floor had a bathroom that was out of order, so you had to use the communal bathrooms. This was not a problem but the smell from this unsuable bathroom was so bad that we had to keep the bedroom door shut at all times as it made us feel sick. The lift and one of the showers was also out of order and looked like it was permanently so. It was also a pain that you couldn't use the shower after 9.30 and had to leave between 10.30 and 4. Not practical on a rainy day.