Moritomizu Backpackers Reviews

1-6-2 Nakagosho, Nagano, Nagano, Nagano, Japan

the manager plainly stated that guests were not allowed in the hostel during the 10 am to 4pm hours and pretty much indicated that we must leave. Really a hostile attitude when one is paying for a bed and might want to return to pick up an umbrella or other item during formidden hours. One day I returned to the hostel at 3;45 pm and found it locked and no response to the bell. If you like to hear the trains running all night, this is the place for you. The hostel overlooks the railyards.

Great location but beds were uncomfortable

I stayed here for a couple of nights in May (25-27) 2014. This was one of my favourite hostels in Japan. The staff were so friendly which really made my stay at the hostel worthwhile. The location is ideal if you're travelling in via shinkansen. It's only a 5 minute walk from the station and you can follow the tracks so it's easy to find. If I come back to Nagano in the future to visit I will definitely be staying here again. Thanks to all the staff at Moritomizy! :)

Looks like an old hotel, in the dorms there is a shower and toilet but not in use. Since it was a pass through it was ok, but wouldnt stay there for a longer period.

A little tired and in need on TLC, one working bath/shower room for the entire backpackers is not enough (even though we booked a shower time other guests paid no attention to this) no running water above 2nd floor is not great either!

I am very sorry, but we have two shower rooms and three toilets. We might not tell you of it enough. And yes, we have guest rooms on 3rd floor, but we have running water only on the 2nd floor and 1st floor.

thanks a lot to the staff! they we`re all the time so friendly and helpful for all kind of question or problem.