Morningside Inn Reviews

235 West 107th street, New York, NY 10025, New York, USA

This Hostel had everything we needed. Nothing extra. I think anyone who enters the building should be asked to see their room keys. Guests could make key copies and come back after their stay is over and get into their previous room. There is no coffee or breakfast offered here. The kitchen doesn't have pots or pans so bring your own or go out for breakfast. No bed bugs like yelp reviews said. Our room was quiet, no issues there. I'd stay here again. Just wish they'd ask to see room keys.

• 11th Dec 2014

The add stated that every room came with a tv. In the single room we were in, there wasn't a tv included. Also the room smelled as if there was a dead rat laying under the bed. In addition, the wifi was very poor. On the day we checked out, we asked to used the luggage room and the front desk person took it down. When we came back to retrieve it a different front desk individual just pointed to a key and after not getting it he rudely said you don't know how a key looks?" Truly unprofessional.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thou I inderstand that this is a hostel and not a hotel, there are certain things I would still expect, especially for the price, it was cheaper for me to stay at Caesars Palace and this place is NO Caesars Palace. The floors throughout the place were far from clean, the stairs were covered with dead cockroaches. Other customers were extremely noisey all night. When we were checking out the receptionist was shouting all kinds of abuse down the phone to whomever she was talking to.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Very good place!

gave our room to someone else even though i had confirmation!!! manager has avoided to speak with me.

we come again

• 2nd Sep 2014

Rats and cockroaches in our room!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Austria

The manager was very unfriendly and not able to explain our bill (with taxes), commenting our questions with "you drive me crazy!" etc. The room was quiet and clean, the bathroom was not (two bathrooms for over 15 rooms). All in all it remains under average and expectations.

The Wi-Fi was extremely poor.

• 27th Jul 2014