Morningside Inn Reviews

235 West 107th street, New York, NY 10025, New York, USA

The security it is not excellent because sometimes we get in and out of the buildings and sometimes there wasn't anyone in te reception. Sometimes nobody was there to look who was in the building.

• 8th May 2015

I really do like how it is close to the subway and easy to get to places, with a grocery store at the corner and everything nearby, especially a children's book store for my little one -- compensated for everything else that I might feel. A hotel really is a place that I go back to sleep, so no biggies.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a very nice time at this hostel. Simple and sweet. They are very clean - especially the bathrooms! And the staff is very helpful. They accommodated all my needs.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The internet access has improved.

This Hostel had everything we needed. Nothing extra. I think anyone who enters the building should be asked to see their room keys. Guests could make key copies and come back after their stay is over and get into their previous room. There is no coffee or breakfast offered here. The kitchen doesn't have pots or pans so bring your own or go out for breakfast. No bed bugs like yelp reviews said. Our room was quiet, no issues there. I'd stay here again. Just wish they'd ask to see room keys.

• 11th Dec 2014

amazing experience fun staff

• 14th Nov 2014

The add stated that every room came with a tv. In the single room we were in, there wasn't a tv included. Also the room smelled as if there was a dead rat laying under the bed. In addition, the wifi was very poor. On the day we checked out, we asked to used the luggage room and the front desk person took it down. When we came back to retrieve it a different front desk individual just pointed to a key and after not getting it he rudely said you don't know how a key looks?" Truly unprofessional.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thou I inderstand that this is a hostel and not a hotel, there are certain things I would still expect, especially for the price, it was cheaper for me to stay at Caesars Palace and this place is NO Caesars Palace. The floors throughout the place were far from clean, the stairs were covered with dead cockroaches. Other customers were extremely noisey all night. When we were checking out the receptionist was shouting all kinds of abuse down the phone to whomever she was talking to.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Very good place!

gave our room to someone else even though i had confirmation!!! manager has avoided to speak with me.

we come again

• 2nd Sep 2014

Rats and cockroaches in our room!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Austria

The manager was very unfriendly and not able to explain our bill (with taxes), commenting our questions with "you drive me crazy!" etc. The room was quiet and clean, the bathroom was not (two bathrooms for over 15 rooms). All in all it remains under average and expectations.

The Wi-Fi was extremely poor.

• 27th Jul 2014

Lovely Place to stay, was in a private room so don't know how much atmosphere was really in the hostel! Would stay again for sure!!

• 14th Jul 2014

I liked the hostel. It's a nice and clean place, but lack an area for interaction between guests. Not an area of coexistence in the hostel there. I think the hostel could offer utensils to be used in the kitchen for guests so they could cook, it is complicated to use our own utensils to cook when we are in another country.

• 11th Jul 2014

Room 604: I found the beds and pillows to be very uncomfortable. The lighting was poor. There was no lamp for reading on the bedside table. The dresser pushed right up against one bed was pretty useless except to use the dresser top for storage. The AC was good, the TV worked, the wifi was very poor. The lock on the door was not very secure. I'm not sure if the smoke alarms outside our room had batteries or not. There were only 3 bath towels. No hand towels or wash clothes. Could use more hanger

• 6th Jun 2014

Sredni.standard, ale za taka cene nie mozna oczekiwac wiadomo czego. Bardzo dobra lokalizacja.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Poland

Clean and affordable place in the Upper West Side. Next to the Subway and with tons of food options and grocery stores around the corner. Very good value for money in a great part of town.

Our experience at the Morningside Inn wasn't the best. We had a money difference with the Administration, because they charged two times the booking (payed at HostelWorld Web site and again at the hotel). As far we could see, It's a common behavior... another passenger told us the same. The hostel advertises a price and charges another. The manager (Mike) didn't changed his mind and never tried to ease the communication (we are not English native speakers). Also poor wifi & no TV signal.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7