Morningside Inn

Rating 965 Total Reviews

• Portugal, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2017
3.7

My only regret about my trip to New York, is that I didn't spend more money on a better place to stay. I've never seen a staff so rude and so eager to not give a s*** about their costumers. The whole time I was there, I felt they were making me a favor by letting me stay in their inn. Good location, but even by the standards of 2 young adults who don't need much to be satisfied, the money we spent will not be spent here ever again. Don't make the same mistake.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
29th Apr 2017
5.4

Staff was very unfriendly and totally not helpful. Don't expect any smile or help. Place was overbooked, so we got a different room for the first night. Room was basic but okay for the money. Location close to Subway station. No airco. Crappy bed. Overal the value for money is okay, but don't expect anything more.

• USA, Female, 41+
28th Apr 2017
2.6

Horrible, My deposit paid to HostelWorld was not honored ($186), so I paid full price, $124.43 pr night, with no credit for my deposit. I Inquired with Patrick Arroyo (Manager), he told me I had to get it from HostelWorld and he should be renting that room for a lot more. He became very argumentative, and was trying to bilk me out of al much money as he could. I will never use HostelWorld again based on this experience. Also a fight at the hostel, with police involved, the bathroom flooded.

• stehlealexander4491
  • Germany, Couple, 31-40
6th Apr 2017
7.1

The hotel or hostel was good because we have got an upgrade (ensuite bathroom). Thus, the room was worth the money. It was a bit a pity that the breakfast was only a cup of coffee (in a plastic cup) with muffins and cookies. There is a 'kitchen' on each floor but it is not well equiped or not equiped at all. Room is good and clean but not very cozy. Due to prices in NYC for a double room I would stay there again.