Mosaic Hostel Reviews

Via Cernaia 39 B, Rome, Italy

Very nice breakfast. Reasonable number of power points in the rooms. Wifi works perfectly fine in the rooms. One of the rooms we stayed in had a very uncomfortable toilet, but the rest of the bathroom was ok.

I brought a group of six college students to Rome, and everyone enjoyed their first hostel experience. They all remarked on how safe they felt in their rooms, how friendly and helpful the staff were, and the benefits of a location slightly removed from the main tourist areas. As a very experienced hosteler, this was one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 21st Nov 2014

Consist of an apartment building. Must walk through an unbeaten area to reach the rooms. Not too fun in November. Staff was nice. Low bunks so can't sit in bed if on the lower level. Neighbourhood ok although not the most welcoming and nothing going on. Walkable to most attraction (Vatican far). Close to termini, convenient. Basic breakfast. Weekend was pretty much booked elsewhere so stayed at mosaic. Can recommend but would stay somewhere else if available.

Mosaic Hostel is a good place in Roma. It is close to the train station but a bit far from the center (piazza navona etc.). You will need 20min Walk to get this area.

• 18th Nov 2014

The staff are willing to help without asking. Especially thanks to Andrea and Lucas for handling my missing bag.

The only downside of the bedroom I stayed in was the lack of sockets for everyone in the bedroom(c'mon, everyone has at least one device to charge daily). Apart from that, everything was good.

I chose a bedroom for two, with private bathroom. All new furniture and neat. The price is great for two people, including breakfast and wi fi! Definitely going back! I have already recommended Mosaic to two friends that are going to Rome in February! All staff is really nice and helpfull, they inform you abouth everything-transport, restaurants, museums-, which makes your life so much easier, and everyone at the hostel is relaxed and friendly. Thank you for everything!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

Clean rooms, just a few minutes walk from Termini, helpful staff. Great value

• 4th Nov 2014

I stayed in this hostel two years ago. At that time I did a hostel-hosted walking tour which was spectacular. Unfortunately it's now off season and not offered (not an issue for me, but if it's your first time you're missing out). The rest of the facilities remain well kept. This time around I especially liked the free breakfast which suits my sweet tooth;).

Great location, very clean and secure hostel. Breakfast was also nice. The only thing I missed was some night lamps next to the bed, it would have been much more convenient than the big lamp only. Definitely recommended.

My advice: put signs when cleaning the floor because I fell on the stairs because it was wet from being clean and there wasn't any sign. I end up with swollen ankle and limping. Otherwise I loved the hotel clean, friendly, secure and with a minimal breakfast. Will recomend to my friends. Excellent quality- price.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Portugal

The receptionists have all been very helpful in providing recommendations to places to visit and places to dine at. The rooms and the bathrooms are all very clean. Locks are also available for rent (a plus). Pretty decent breakfast is provided free of charge.

Great city, great hostel, excellent staff! :)

Smocky, no aeration and very noisy

• 21st Oct 2014

Mosaic Hostel was a good hostel, very close to the train station and overall a good hostel with good facilities. Good WiFi, breakfast was good enough. If you are looking or a party hostel then this isn't the place, no real common room as it's more of tables for eating so not the most social place. Only slight bad thing about this hostel is the elevator that only really fits 1 or at most 2 people and the rooms are most of them 5 floors up. Staff are there to help but not too much interaction.

Firstly the good, staff were very helpful and the location was good. Unfortunately the door hits the sink in the bathroom every time you go in and out, it's a disabled bathroom that floods the whole area when you have a shower. The toilet lid was broken too, all problems the hostel must be aware of. This was room 1 and it's also very noisy at night with street noise and doors opening and closing as it's by reception. Wifi didn't work in room. This is a couples room I would avoid.

My favorite part of Mosaic was their staff. They were very welcoming, kind and extremely helpful. Their tips on what to see and how to get the most out of our trip ended up saving us a lot of time and money. The facilities are very clean, quite and safe. I enjoyed being close to the main attractions but removed enough that I could be separate when I wanted to relax. I highly recommend them for people who want safe, clean, welcoming and affordable accommodations.

i always feel welcome and like at home here:) very friendly and helpful staff

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Great hostel! Staff is fantastic! Fulvio is very helpful and goes above and beyond in answering any questions you may have. The only downside is that beds are a little short, and there is only one bathroom per floor, and there is usually a line in the mornings :(

The hostel offers all a nomad traveller can ask for, it is really clean, safe and the staff is helpfull and kind.During my stay in the hostel i met a lot of new people. The location is not great, but if you check out all of the hostels they are in the same area bearing that in mind, the location is good.A small detail in my opinion is that the bunk beds were kind of noisy but that it is really a detail.

• 12th Oct 2014