Mosaic Hostel Reviews

Via Cernaia 39 B, Rome, Italy

Really enjoyed our stay here, good location convenient for termini station. No kitchen, which was initially a disappointment however there was a microwave, plates, fridge etc. that you can use. Breakfast slighly sweet for our taste but hey it was free! Limited communal space to area where breakfast was, not great for socialising. Clean room, great AC, good value for Rome.

Wonderful place to stay as a whole! The girl working the front desk when we checked in was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was nice and clean with more than I expected! Only downside was that the air conditioning in our room was broken the majority of our time there (which was rough in the July heat) and the wifi was inconsistent in working. Overall, though, we loved staying there at Hotel Mosaic!

Good clean and safe hostel but absolutely no atmosphere.

Simple but effective. Good breakfast and comfy beds and clean and cool in summer heat. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Was a good hostel though security could have been better. The locks were keyed and my roommates didn't often go through the efforts of manually locking the room. No issues with theft that I was aware of but would have felt more secure with the room locked up consistently.

Great place great staff spotless clean.

Incredible value for money - beautiful room, very clean with a great air con. Staff could not do enough to help. Included breakfast was basic but enough to start the day. Was a little far from main attractions, but all within a good walk. Close to the Termini station so great links to other parts of Italy, and airports. Only downside was the doors to each floor were very heavy and unless you held them while they closed, they slammed, so we were woken every time someone came in or out at night.

No padlocks provided for lockers and socially could have been better. However, comfortable rooms, air con and decent breakfasts made up for it. Great location too.

• 20th Jul 2015

Great place, well situated. All good.

• 17th Jul 2015

My staying at Mosaic Hotel was pretty good, room was clean and big, but do hot, I couldn't sleep till somehow staff turned off "broken" ac. People in my room room were loud and rude but that was not Mosaic hostel fault. Breakfast is really good, a lot of food, but terrible plustic plates. First I got a bit lost, because I didn't understand what direction to go, and actially you don't need ru turn left you are already on this street!

I really liked mosaic. there were some issues with the ac in my room, but they were fixed pretty quick. The hostel is a quick walk from most the red and blue lines and I found the walk to trevi and pantheon really easy. breakfast is okay, it's nice that it's included with the price. I was a little upset that the cleaning people turned off the ac everyday. it would've been nice to come back to a child room after it being 38-39 degrees c every day. I'd stay here again though.

Enjoyed my stay here. It's quite, so not the best choice for party goers. Staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean, but bathrooms could get dirty fast since there was only 1 per floor.

pros : clean and comfortable , air-conditioning, staffs are reali helpful, close to termini sttn and metro cons: wifi was bad in my room and no atmosphere..

Note that you still have to pay Rome city tax on top of the hostel rate. The free breakfast was pretty good, albeit a bit too sweet. The lounge has really good AC and the staff is very helpful. The facilities are a good size, but water sort of pooled in our bathroom. Even though my room had AC, it still got really hot at night. Overall, a good hostel, but nothing to brag about.

Great location close to Termini with excellent staff and facilities. Would stay again.

A decent hostel for Rome. Friendly and helpful staff. Hostel convieniently close to the station and walkable distance to key attractions. Not a very social atmosphere, especially for solo travellers. No kitchen. However this is clearly advertised by them.

The staff was so very helpful and polite! I enjoyed staying there and was able to meet people easily.

This place's location is perfect, its only about 5 minutes from both the A and B metro lines, less than 10 from termini and less than 50 from even the Vatican and all that on foot. The staff were really helpful in advising you how to get around, the breakfast isn't the best you'll ever have but is tasty and more than enough to get you started in the morning. The rooms are comfortable, the aircon really helping, they could do with airfresheners though as the smells can be strong in dorms.

Really enjoyed this hostel. It was safe, clean and had a nice bathroom! I stayed in a 4-bed suite and it was very large - enough room to hang out in room with a desk included with the beds. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast included was really yummy!! More than what we would get at other hostels. Definitely would stay here again!!

Mosaic was a fantastic hostel! It was more of a hotel than a hostel honestly. The rooms were great and air conditioned (a necessity in Rome in the summer) and an amazing value for the price. All of the big attractions were within walking distance, and if you wanted to go to further away things it was right near a number of bus routes as well as Termini. The area around it was a bit sketchy late at night, but not too bad.

• 3rd Jul 2015