Mosaic Hostel Reviews

Via Cernaia 39 B, Rome, Italy

I will recommend this hostel to anyone I know. How you feel about the hostel may depend on why you have come to Rome, but if your are just a regular tourist desirous of seeing the best parts of Rome, then "good wine needs no bush". Our goal was to have an ideal location, nice people and suitable facilities, and that is what the hostel offers best. The staff are young and ready to please. What else could you dream of?

• 31st Jan 2016
  • Poland

good hostel, central location and free breakfast

• 29th Jan 2016

Felt very secure - safe location and having two intercom entry doors (one for the front door and one for your floor) as well as locked doors and CCTV. No locks on the lockers though. Breakfast good - alright bread and cakes, orange juice, coffee machine, cereal. Staff were excellent and v helpful. V clean environment, one bathroom per floor which am sure could be irritating if busier. Hot water &pressure could also be bad when busy. All easily avoided though - just shower in the evening. good!

Nice, clean and with a good value for the money. The only negative thing with Mosaic is that the common area is sterile and doesn't really feel inviting to hang out in, which can make it a bit difficult to get to know people if you're unlucky.

You can't lock your room! There is only one toilet each floor, you need to wait long time! And the bed and toilet is not clean enough. The worst is the staff not friendly enough. The best is the location. Nothing else. I won't go back this hostel.

That's a little hostel nice and comfortable. It's very close to the Termini station and 20 mins walking from the city center. The rooms are ok and they have lockers, but there aren't many facilities: like in my dormitor for 4 people I found only 3 plags for recharging my mobile. The staff is not excellent in terms of customer service and they are not very helpful in terms of where to go or what to do, a part from visiting the famoust place in the town. The breakfast is very small.

Great and easy distance from the main train station. The women at reception was INCREDIBLY helpful. The dorms and bathrooms (the one I stayed in) were quite clean. They don't really have a common room, more of an eating area. They breakfast they put on is pretty extravagant. THEY EVEN HAVE A COFFEE MACHINE which was an excellent sight to see in the morning

This hostel has too few toilets/bathrooms in relation to number of guests on each floor. Be prepared to wait. Also dont use plastic cutlery! From my experience Rome has many old long-running hostels, unlike many other cities where new and better ones pop up all the time. I conclude that the general hostel quality in Rome is lower than in many other comparative european cities, and my relatively good score is in relation to this. The hostel would have got lower score if it was located elsewhere.

Excellent, will look at coming again. Thank you!

• 2nd Dec 2015

I only stayed one night, and choose it due to the close location to the train station to get me to the airport early in the morning. The hostel is clean, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room and facilities were also clean. This was my first hostel experience and I was so happy it was a good one.

• 27th Nov 2015

Although I was only at Mosaic Hostel for just a night, its location ensured that I was able to get to and see all of the touristy things that I wanted to within the 30 hours I spent in Rome. Matteo and the rest of the staff were some of the friendliest I've ever met, and you should definitely take into account whatever recommendations they make for food and locations to see.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Would definitely stay here the next time I visit Rome. Very clean and just 10 mins walk from the main train station.

Hair in the shower, the toilet was broken, and how does one screw up cereal.

• 8th Nov 2015

The hostel is perfectly located, it's only a thirty minute walk into Ancient Rome and a fifteen minute walk to Termini station. The kitchen facilities are virtually non-existent although having a microwave helps. It is strange that they lock the cupboard with the cups and bowls in it so you can't use them after breakfast. Our twin room was a really good size and has a bar fridge which was really handy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel.

I didn't like to stay in this hostel. First of all because there is just one bathroom for each floor. As you have the key for the floor, you cannot use the bathroom of other floors, even if they are free. The breakfast is not so good by comparing with other hostels I've stayed in Italy

The stuff was very friendly and helpfull, the house is clean and cousy, the breakfast is good, it's not very far from the train station and from the center. To the trainstation you need about 15 minutes and to the colosseum maybe 20 minutes

Average hostel. Not bad location very close to Termini (train station). Breakfast is basic but ok. The only big issue is that they use plastic cutlery (fork, knives, spoon) which a huge waste. This is a big shame about this hostel

Location is nice and many restaurants and shops nearby. The staff are very nice and helpful. If laundry is present, this will be helpful to backpacker.

Staff was really great. The woman at the front desk was extremely helpful with giving me the lay out of Rome and helping me feel comfortable. It was pouring rain the day I got there and she let me hang out for a few hours before the room was ready. The bed wasn't super comfortable and it wasn't a great space to meet people but everything was very clean.

Clean and modern/refurbished hostel with a nice breakfast included. Rooms go up to the 5th floor but there is a lift thankfully. WiFi was decent throughout. No real complaints. I would reccomend this hostel. Only downside might be the common areas. They are a bit small and not a super inviting place where people want to hang out/meet other travelers. If thats something important to you thats the only downside I can see.