Mosaic Hostel Reviews

Via Cernaia 39 B, Rome, Italy

2014 Total Reviews

The location was just a bit far from a lot of the main attractions. The rooms were small and very basic. Using the key to unlock and relock all the doors also got a little but annoying. There was only one bathroom per floor so it also got a bit annoying waiting in line to shower and get ready.

• 20th Jul 2014

Really good hostel with good location in Rome. My stay there was awesome. Clean bathrooms and large rooms. I recommend it.

The location is good. 10 mins walking distance to the main train station and metro. Also walking distance to the Spanish steps and the Trevi fountain to name a few. Room was basic but clean and comfortable. Was noisy at night which is my only real negative.

• 15th Jul 2014

Well located and helpful staff

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Rome! Location is perfect. Right near Termini which is where you wanna be. The staff were super friendly and helpful, the place was clean they're good with trying to organise for the backpackers staying there to mingle. The common room isn't the biggest or greatest for socialising but it works. I think the only thing I have to complain Abt is the pillows... Hahaha too flat! :P

• 11th Jul 2014

Just an average hostel...beds weren't super comfy. It was super loud and hard to get to the top bunk because the ladder would move and make a ton of noise. Also not very social. It was a decent location to walk everywhere in Rome and was close to the train station which was nice. I stayed at The Place in Rome a street away my first time in Rome which I loved but wanted a try a new place for my second trip, but I wouldn't stay here again.

I stayed on the 4th floor in a double bed private room with a shared bathroom. Only bad thing is there is only one bathroom and shower (in the same room) for the whole floor. WiFi didn't really work on the 4th floor but it worked great in the common area. Staff was great and friendly. I loved the dog that lived to chase empty plastic water bottles. Lol

A good place minutes from what you go to Rome to see. The staff was really nice and helpful, which is pretty rare for these less expensive hotels around Termini station. Clean rooms, clean bathrooms, even the shared ones. Would book it again.

good location, takes about 15 minutes from station although website says 5(!) nice to have breakfast included, staff very helpful, only thing is we didn't have a mirror in our room or bathroom which was a bit of a nightmare for 4 girls! Would recommend though

Had a great stay here while in Rome. Conveniently located from the train station, as well as main attractions. I walked pretty much everywhere easily. I felt safe in the hostel, make sure to bring a lock for the lockers though. Staff was excellent, helpful in planning and taking care of us at the hostel, really pleasant and friendly. Met lots of great people while staying here. Would definitely recommend.

Well located, clean hostel. Had a small communal area, which was nice for watching the World Cup. The twin room was large, but the breakfast was forgettable.

• 4th Jul 2014

Nice place! The staff is nice, but sometimes Andrea (the owner?) is quite unpolite. I recommend it!

We adored the staff and the rooms were always clean. Offered a free breakfast consisting of mainly bread. Realized after that for 2 people traveling that a hotel would have been the same price. So great for meeting people, not great on price if you are traveling with friends. Location is next to the metro and Romanos gelato. Hour walk to the Vatican and maybe 30-40 to the Colesium. Be sure to lock up items housekeeping mistakenly took (and returned after asking) a pair of boots.

Happened to be in my room multiple days when the cleaning staff would come by to clean the rooms. All that was done was a sweep and mop of the floors, and a light bathroom cleaning. All of that is fine, but coming from America, the showers were disgusting and overlooked. Black mold or residue started to build up on the sides.

Very helpful staff. Clean and well maintained double private room. We'd stay there again. Security was excellent.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Not a go here to meet people and party type of Hostel but the staff is amazing, the location is great and the price is good. So, if you want a quiet place to stay while you tourist it up around Rome, this is a good place to go. If you stay check out The Good Fellas pub on the same block just behind the hostel! The only thing I disliked was having a single toilet and shower in a single bathroom for the entire hallway. Meaning you often had to wait for someone to get out of the bathroom.

• 26th Jun 2014

This place was great. It was located close to the Termini train/bus station so we got around fairly easily. The room itself was really nice (especially the AC). The free breakfast was alright, nothing special. Overall, this a great value for Rome, a city that can get really expensive.

The elevator was working so even though I was on the 2nd floor I didn't have to carry my luggage up. Very clean, safe and nicely decorated.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Pretty good. Doesn't really feel like a hostel, more like a Hotel. But the rooms are big and clean, with air conditioning and TV. The staff is really helpful. Location is great, short walk from Castro Pretorio or Termini stations. So it's pretty easy to get to and from airport or train.

It was my second time and again it was great, room we had was fantastic, breakfast in the morning was really nice and hostel is so close to train station and a walking distance to the most of Rome attactions. we will be definitely come back. Aleksandra

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4