Mosaic Hostel Reviews

Via Cernaia 39 B, Rome, Italy

2089 Total Reviews

Overall, we had a pleasant experience at the hostel. However, we had to pay an additional 20 euros of local tourist tax for two people/3 nights, that wasn't mentioned in the booking price. It would be appreciated if the price listed on the hostel would reflect this tax (i.e. included in the total booking price per night) in the future to avoid any confusion or any unpleasant surprises.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Russia

This is a nice place. Great security. Helpful front desk attendants. Clean rooms. Good common area. Had a good time here.

Had a great time here. Not too far to walk in to all the spots (15-20mins for most) a couple blocks from the station. Breaky was good, the usual breads and stuff. Rooms were clean and spacious, lockers. Good wifi. Directions on here could be better. When you walk out onto Via Marsala turn left and walk to the t intersection and turn right. The street name will be different, but it just changes half way down the block.

Near the central train station in Rome. Convenient location to access public transit and some historical sites.

The 2 guys at reception were probably the best receptionists I have come across in Europe. Great hospitality.

Very clean hostel near the city center

• 21st Aug 2014

soso. maybe i could find better than this one. but It was not bad.

I was disappointed at how much walking I had to do from Termini train station. The bed was not the worst, but it sank a bit, and I am just 128 pounds. This was bad for my back. I shared with one other considerate person, so I have no complaints about the room situation. I must commend them for maintaining a very clean place. The area was quiet too, so it was peaceful.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Saint Lucia

The staff were extremely helpful! It was very clean and overall a nice place to stay. We would definitely return! Thank you

Good location, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Clean rooms. Good hostel!

Having breakfast in the hostel is about your only opportunity to meet other people in the hostel. Didn't have the nicest lounge area to meet people, however if you're just looking for a place to rest your head and get a good, quiet sleep then I do recommend staying here. Staff are incredibly helpful and the location is fairly central. The furthest walk is to the Vatican (about an hour) but everything else is walkable (including the metro to get around faster).

The hostel was quite easy to find and the staff were super friendly and had good knowledge and tips for the city. I would strongly recommend this hostel as it has the ideal combination of cleanliness, friendly staff who are good in English and easily accessible location.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Bangladesh

Very clean and safe hostel. Very impressed with the facilities. Not much atmosphere created for the travelers or to get travelers communicating with each other. The basis of a hostel. Very cold and unenthusiastic staff as well. When I return to Rome I will look for a hostel with better atmosphere first. If not found I would definitely make Mosaic Hotel my back up choice based on facilities alone.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good spacious rooms with aircon and a hair dyer in the bathroom. Good breakfast, although no kitchen facilities. Not somewhere ideal for solo travelers and definitely not a party hostel.

Nice hostel, not very fun but comfortable anyway, my room was really big and I was surprised that it didn't have more beds, we were 4 and it had room for 6 or 8 at least, that's a rare thing in a hostel. Its a place you want to go to chill out, I was expecting to have more roommates with some more energy ja.

I really enjoyed my experience at the Mosaic Hostel, made some new friends and learned a lot. Rome was the first city I visited in Europe, so Mosaic was the first hostel and there's nothing better than starting a trip with the right foot!! The stafff was always helpful and had these amazing hints on how to get the smaller line to enter some place or the best and closest place to eat!!

Great hostal, its s shame we couldn´t spend more time in it to meet more people

Very helpful staff.

I would really recommend this hostel in Rome :) I've had a few bad experiences on past trips here, finding that mostly places were too expensive or awful, and this hostel was neither of those things. It's affordable, clean, great staff, lovely breakfasts, good location... really makes enjoying Rome so much easier :)

• 2nd Aug 2014

This hostel is excellent in several ways, but bad in two. The rooms were great and quite. You had easy access to the bus stops and metro stations. The staff, when you get there, list off all the major sites and the easy way to get to those sights. The security was also very good as I had to buzz in twice to get to my locked room. With all that said, if you aren't traveling with friends I would not recommend this hostel. The lack of a "bar" type area makes it hard to meet fellow travelers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5