Mosaic Hostel Reviews

Via Cernaia 39 B, Rome, Italy

The reception staff here are amazing They are so friendly and willing to help deal with anything. The positive attitude of the staff is the stand out feature of the hostel II would ask for a room at the back The road outside is very busy and noisy all night

• 25th Jun 2015

Our stay at the Mosaic was pretty good. It felt very safe (we were on the 5th floor) and was pretty clean. The staff were nice except when we asked about the wifi not working they wouldn't help us and told us it was our fault. The atmosphere was okay and the breakfast was pretty good. The milk was warm though :( but overall it was a pretty decent place to stay.

As said in previous comments, very good experience with this hostel. Slept like a baby, even in a street-facing room. Very clean. Staff is friendly but not intrusive. The breakfast included is a definite plus. Location a bit touristy... But really close to the Termini train station. Maybe a bigger and more casual common room is missing, to facilitate interaction with fellow travelers.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Love the refurbishment work. Happy place to stay as a couple.

This was my favorite hostel I stayed in during my Europe tour. It's in a beautiful building, rooms are really nice with a/c, clean and quiet, staff were lovely and knew the city very well. Location is good, walking distance to most things you want to see but far enough from the touristy areas to be quiet. We also discovered some great restos in the area (much better than in the tourist areas - check it out). Would absolutely stay here again.

I thought the hostel was quite nice. However, the continental breakfast wasn't great. No other comments!

The breakfast is bit to sweet and could use somethings without suger

very accomodating

Overall I thought the hostel was great. The 4 bedroom mixed dorm ensuite was by far the best room I stayed in. The hostel is clean and safe and in a pretty decent location (very close to the train station, but I walked everywhere). I wish that there were some mingling activities to foster more friendships or "get to know you" type events in the hostel, even if it is just 1-2 nights per week, earlier in the evening (maybe around 6:30 pm).

Great security and really friendly staff, the female from Brazil on reception was so helpful and no tip she gave us lead as astray, helped make our trip better. Thanks for that!

Wireless internet spotty in rooms, apart from that great value

I loved Mosaic Hostel! It was conveniently located near a number of metro stations for starters. This makes it perfect if you want to sightsee in Rome. If you're up for it, you can walk to most places too. On top of that, the staff is super friendly. They gave us recommendations, answered questions, and even told me where to buy tampons haha! It isn't hospital clean, but that didn't bother me. The faclities are good and overall it's a great hostel.

• 15th May 2015

Staff were great. An easy, pleasant stay. There were some problems with the room but these were sorted out very quickly. The one negative point is that the owner was quite rude, i felt like i ended up apologising to her for problems (like the air con leaking and soaking my bed) when it should have been the other way around! ... she could take a lesson from her staff!

• 13th May 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed so far given the price.

• 11th May 2015
  • Argentina

Friendly staff, fine welcome with a brief but clear info on Rome. Pitty that on Sunday morning, my first breakfast, sandwiches were from the day before, the more that there is a baker just around the corner. Maybe it is closed on Sunday.

Great staff super friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. Located close to metro 10-15 min ride to Collessio and Forum, easy walk to Pantheon and Spanish Steps and 20 minute ride to Vatican. Facilities were a little dated but still livable. Don't stay on 5th floor, I stayed in early May and it was about 80 degree by day, and at night our room was a sweatshop. Free breakfast is a huge plus.

It's a bit out of the way, but conveniently close to Termini and a metro stop is only 10min away. Good breakfast and great staff. I got lots of helpful tips and recommendations during my stay. Would definitely return 😄

It was a nice hostel with helpful stuff and the is great. Definitely the stay!

• 30th Apr 2015

Please improve your breakfast please! There were only pastry, and we were full of sweet food. We had to buy some salty food after each breakfast. Other than that, everything was really good.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

The staff at Mosaic hostel were friendly and very informative and always willing to give advice and answer any questions. The breakfast was pretty good and location is close to everything (metro/ Termini station and bus station) restuarants and supermarket. I would definitely go back in a heart beat. Very clean and quiet arrangements.