Mosaic Hostel Reviews

Via Cernaia 39 B, Rome, Italy

2027 Total Reviews

Very helpful staff. Clean and well maintained double private room. We'd stay there again. Security was excellent.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Not a go here to meet people and party type of Hostel but the staff is amazing, the location is great and the price is good. So, if you want a quiet place to stay while you tourist it up around Rome, this is a good place to go. If you stay check out The Good Fellas pub on the same block just behind the hostel! The only thing I disliked was having a single toilet and shower in a single bathroom for the entire hallway. Meaning you often had to wait for someone to get out of the bathroom.

• 26th Jun 2014

This place was great. It was located close to the Termini train/bus station so we got around fairly easily. The room itself was really nice (especially the AC). The free breakfast was alright, nothing special. Overall, this a great value for Rome, a city that can get really expensive.

The elevator was working so even though I was on the 2nd floor I didn't have to carry my luggage up. Very clean, safe and nicely decorated.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Pretty good. Doesn't really feel like a hostel, more like a Hotel. But the rooms are big and clean, with air conditioning and TV. The staff is really helpful. Location is great, short walk from Castro Pretorio or Termini stations. So it's pretty easy to get to and from airport or train.

It was my second time and again it was great, room we had was fantastic, breakfast in the morning was really nice and hostel is so close to train station and a walking distance to the most of Rome attactions. we will be definitely come back. Aleksandra

Good location - 10 mins walk to the main station, friendly staff showing and explaining everything if you are in Rome for the first time, breakfast with lots of choices, clean common area where offers tea bags. There was one night that the sink in our room was stuck and they fixed it on the next morning, very efficiently! The only thing I think they need to improve is that we couldn't access wifi properly in our room....Overall it's nice and worth to stay.

Staff was very friendly & helpful with suggestions/directions. Showers were a bit of a pain as they leaked onto the floor a lot, making it slippery, but otherwise everything was very clean. Close walking location to the main train station was nice.

• 16th Jun 2014

Wow, really nice place for the money! We were three guys staying in a three bed room. And it felt more like a hotel then a hostel, with nice and fresh room and bathroom and a decent breakfast. A free bottle of wine wasn't bad either ;) Situation close to train station was perfect as well. Highly recommend.

Great place to stay, nice people, nice breakfast, closer to the big attractions.

A bit of away from things, but pretty close to the train station. Nice building.

Breakfast was pretty average. We had random people banging on our door and trying to get into our room at 3am, there are security cameras around so im not sure why nothing was done. Apart from that it was a good place to stay and the staff were very helpful. There is also a great laundry place down the road for reasonable price.

Everything was fine. the location was perfect. The Employee that welcome us was very attentive.

• 10th Jun 2014

Overall highly recommended - Mosaic hotel offers an excellent place to come back to following a day of exploration. Staff are helpful, most things (breakfast, Wifi, cleanliness and quality of staff) are excellent compare to other places at a similar price.

I'm not sure what it is about Hostels and not having anything to do with their names but I was sorely disappointed to not find a single Mosaic nor a picture of a Mosaic! The disappointment soon became more and more severe as I realised the walk to the city centre was probably shorter than the walk from Hobbiton to Mount Doom, and I didn't have a fellowship to join me.

Such a lovely stay here in Rome, would definitely return!! Staff are very friendly and helpful.

I did not like this hostel. They have no organized activities whatsoever, their "common room" is really just two couches next to the dining area. There are no kitchen facilities, and there isn't anywhere pleasant to hang out in. The staff is cordial but not particularly friendly. I know it's Rome so it's expensive, but the facility was definitely not a good value for the money. As a single traveler, this hostel was really difficult for me to stay in, and I would not recommend it.

Very nice staff and good breakfast, but in the rooms lots of traffic noise and small, squeaky beds. Also not enough bathrooms!

Things I like about this hostel: - the Italian? woman staff member: nice and very helpful - the old building with it's cute little elevator inner space, shuttered windows - the view on the impressive historical building that many rooms have - close to Termini station What I like less: - other than the Italian woman, the staff isn't as nice at all - the bathroom design is bad- floor always gets wet from the shower - common area isn't very cosy, breakfast is skippable

Very friendly staff, great location, clean, spacious and modern rooms and bathrooms. Highly recommend this place for a relaxed stay within a convenient location to the station and attractions.