Mosaic Hostel Reviews

Via Cernaia 39 B, Rome, Italy

2089 Total Reviews

It was satisfactory stay. The woman at the front was helpful and kind. A good walk from major sites and not too far from train.

Best hostel of Italy!!!

Good location, friendly staff, great breakfast and the room with ensuite was large, clean and quiet.

The good The lady at the desk was polite and seemed cheerful. She gave me tips and advice on Rome. The location made it easy to access the train station The bad A social evening was arranged one night- I was not told about this. Nothing was said to me/no info on the walls. It was a decent hostel but utterly forgettable.

• 29th Jul 2014

The Room was well cleaned and the staff very helpful on arrival. The one issue I had was that due to most of Rome's attractions being repaired and under maintenance (summer 2014) I had decided to travel to a concert. The staff working in the evening were unhelpful and didnt think it would be worth the journey which in the end amounted to about 10 minutes on one bus and getting off on the last stop on the metro route.

• 25th Jul 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Mosaic. This hostel has all the facilities you need. Comfortable beds and large, clean rooms. Its located a little out of the main tourist areas but its only a 15 minute walk or the metro is close by aswell. Overall a highly recommended hostel.

I had an awesome time at Mosaic Hostel and it was definitely one of the better hostels I stayed throughout Europe. Both my room and hostel were big, clean, and comfortable. The staff was knowledgeable, young, friendly, and eager to help. Complimentary breakfast didn't hurt either. Location was perfect (around 10 minute walk from Rome Termini station) and both blue and red metro lines close by. Common area had great atmosphere and was easy to meet people.

We were in this hostel for four nights they offered us bar crawls, information about where to eat all the best ways to see the sites of rome, it was clean and very friendly. Would highly recommend.

Very helpful, friendly staff. Rooms are clean and quiet.

The location was just a bit far from a lot of the main attractions. The rooms were small and very basic. Using the key to unlock and relock all the doors also got a little but annoying. There was only one bathroom per floor so it also got a bit annoying waiting in line to shower and get ready.

• 20th Jul 2014

Close to the train station, in a safe part of town, really easy to get to all the touristy things from termini station. This hostel probably has he best security of any hostel I've stayed in. It's not really a party hostel, but they organize pub crawls and activities in the hostel so you could meet the other guests. And super friendly and helpful staff. Overall great hostel, I had a lovely stay :)

Helpful staff and real good atmosphere. A bit pricy but guess that's because of the location.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Really good hostel with good location in Rome. My stay there was awesome. Clean bathrooms and large rooms. I recommend it.

The location is good. 10 mins walking distance to the main train station and metro. Also walking distance to the Spanish steps and the Trevi fountain to name a few. Room was basic but clean and comfortable. Was noisy at night which is my only real negative.

Well located and helpful staff

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Rome! Location is perfect. Right near Termini which is where you wanna be. The staff were super friendly and helpful, the place was clean they're good with trying to organise for the backpackers staying there to mingle. The common room isn't the biggest or greatest for socialising but it works. I think the only thing I have to complain Abt is the pillows... Hahaha too flat! :P

• 11th Jul 2014

Just an average hostel...beds weren't super comfy. It was super loud and hard to get to the top bunk because the ladder would move and make a ton of noise. Also not very social. It was a decent location to walk everywhere in Rome and was close to the train station which was nice. I stayed at The Place in Rome a street away my first time in Rome which I loved but wanted a try a new place for my second trip, but I wouldn't stay here again.

I stayed on the 4th floor in a double bed private room with a shared bathroom. Only bad thing is there is only one bathroom and shower (in the same room) for the whole floor. WiFi didn't really work on the 4th floor but it worked great in the common area. Staff was great and friendly. I loved the dog that lived to chase empty plastic water bottles. Lol

A good place minutes from what you go to Rome to see. The staff was really nice and helpful, which is pretty rare for these less expensive hotels around Termini station. Clean rooms, clean bathrooms, even the shared ones. Would book it again.

good location, takes about 15 minutes from station although website says 5(!) nice to have breakfast included, staff very helpful, only thing is we didn't have a mirror in our room or bathroom which was a bit of a nightmare for 4 girls! Would recommend though