Moscow Home-Hostel Reviews

2 Neopalimovsky per.3, Moscow, Russia

This is a hostel that mostly caters to Russian nationals rather than international travelers, which I wasn't aware of. Also, in the larger mixed dorm areas it is against hostel rules to consume alcohol, which was quite a bummer. Toilets were often covered in urine and when I wanted to arrange for a taxi to the train station, two different staffers suggested that I "just take the metro," even though I just got finished explaining that I have way too much luggage to do that.

Moscow Home-Hostel is catered towards Russian-speakers. If you're looking for English-speakers, I recommend you look elsewhere. The staff is very friendly (if you can speak Russian) and the rooms met my expectations. It was located not too far from the metro, so you'll be able to get around easily.

The photos on at the homepage are completely different than the real hostel. Neither the photo of the building looks like the real hostel, nor do the photos of the rooms. The hostel is in an old ugly and dirty building. The rooms are dirty, the beds are old (not like the photos), the bathroom was not clean at all and the kitchen is disgusting. It seems they took the photos in a completely different building. In summertime it is so hot in the rooms, I imagine in winter it is cold. Very bad hostel

• 30th May 2014
  • Austria

Scattered within a 5-story old stalinist building,with other Hostels,various companies,residential flats etc,badly signed posted.Converted from office units,many lodgers are long-term-staying labourers,not a travellers feel.Good overnight security.Communal lounge on 5th,has only squeeze-tight six-seat sofa & 1 table in 30-beds unit so most people stay on their beds.Average kitchen,1 fridge (30 people),3 out of 5 showers within the kitchen! TV, 2 free internet desktops. O.K. Russian standard.

They need security lagege boxes. Somebody stole computer from room from one guy. The police came but they didn't find who stole computer from that guy.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Saint Vincent And The Grenadines

Location and stuff are very good, its very close to city centre and Kiyevska vokzal, but other important features are bad, I think that the hostel must be more clean (kichen, tiolites and rooms), rooms have a specific odor.The hostel was not the one shown in the picture (I think the first one picture is not hostel).

It was a pleasant stay. Good price, perfect location, cleanliness, nice staff. Recommend definitely!

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Russia

I dont even know where to start.. SO to make it easier I will just make a list of notes: negative: 1) the hostel was not the one shown in the picture; 2) the bathrooms, showers, toilets, rooms, etc were really really dirty!! Mold in almost every bathroom, dead squeezed insects on the walls in our room, hair and dust in our room as well; 3) kitchen was okay, but people left their stuff everywhere. 4) prize way to high for the dirtyness you get. positive: 1) the stuff was really! nice.

• 30th Dec 2013

Nice hostel for backpackers and other travellers - clean and cosy! They have everything you may need in your trip! Definitely recommend!

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Ukraine

Very nice hostel with friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Cheap and clean rooms, large kitchen, cosy living-room. There is everything you need - plates, internet, hairdryer etc. Administrators gave advice on the excursion routes and places of interest in the city. By the way it's really well-situated - in the centre of the city. Next time I will definitely live there again - hope that with my friends)

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Russia

The worst hostel I have ever been, plus,the staff didnt speak english!

Dirty, bad service and badly organized.

The Hostel was full of long stay Russians who were loud, noisy and rude! It was extremely dirty as they left things everywhere! I made complaints on the first two days and had I had somewhere else to go I would have left! No Toaster or Cooker only a 2 ring electric hob for about 40 people! The Worst place I have stayed!

Exellent staff - helpfull !!

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Belgium

The hostel is great! Close to the metro station (true 7 minutes), no queues in the shower in the morning (13 shower cabins), friendly staff and nice roommates. It was a real pleasure, so I’m certainly coming back one day! That's a pity it was not allowed to smoke inside.

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Although there probably aren't any hostels much better in Moscow I can only judge by hostels in Europe and it's not good. Not clean and showers broken and nothing much happening. At least there's tea, coffee, free internet and common areas but still pretty grim.

Everything you need in a decent spot, particularly well sited for the Luzhniki stadium and access to the river front. The rooms in the 'second part' of the hostel are accessed via a stairwell that reeks of cigarettes, and the floors were dusty. I was unlucky with roommates, in the first half of my stay they thought nothing of leaving the door open, rustling through bags and talking way after midnight. The hostel forgot to do my registration, though it doesn't seem to have mattered.

The location was very good. The staff was ok, but the showers were constantly dirty. We stayed for a week, and the wi-if worked twice, and only for a couple of hours.

The environment is bad and it is quite dirty in the toilets and bathrooms. The smell in one bathroom was awful and smells like someone pee on the floor! Besides the location of the hostel sucks as it is difficult to locate and it takes around 20-25 minutes of walking whenever you want to go to the nearby station. Besides there are not as much as facilities that the hostel claimed and we did not find any hairdryers. Also my friends and I were sent to a nearby apartment in different buildings!

An excellent alternative. Very good value for money! Facilities just perfect, everything you need, in good condition and very clean. Totally recommend it! Just a piece of advise: try to print a map of the directions; it might proove just a bit challenging to get there the first time (and people around rather don't speak English) ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7