Mosebacke Hostel Reviews

H�gbergsgatan 26, Stockholm, Sweden

Paid £32pp for a simple, clean room with twin beds, however there were no windows so it would probably be very hot in summer, but was fine in April. Good range of breakfast options included in the price as well. Bathrooms were clean and showers had curtains which other reviews had said they did not have. All in all happy with our stay there, and enjoyed being out of the city itself as we got to stroll through all the residential areas as well.

Clean, convenient, great location in awesome Sodermalm, the breakfast was not bad and plentiful - but zero atmosphere and cold, unfriendly staff. Which is fine is you are travelling (as we were) as a couple and not too bothered about meeting others, but I wouldn't recommend it for a solo traveller.

The stay was really not as good as expected considering the good evaluations of the hostel. The hostel seemed relatively old and needs some renovations (which they are doing right now as far as I understood). The room (we booked a double-bed room) was extremely small, did not have any windows and the ceiling was very low (maybe 1.95m?). The bathrooms were okay, at least there was no mold anywhere, however it was not totally clean. The breakfast was good, though.

the staff is not really friendly. They are not unfriendly either, but they don't say: hello, goodmorning, how are you? can I help you? ... At breakfast they walk around stressed, while there were not that many people staying on the days that we were there. They can at least look at you when you pass by. I didn't feel very welcome. As if I was standing in their way.. The hostel it self, breakfast, facilities and the location is good but the atmosphere in the hotel is important for me as well.

• 27th Feb 2014