Mosquito Hostel Reviews

Rynek Kleparski 4/6, Krakow, Poland

Great place to see the sights and meet people from around the world! The free dinners and events every night were a great touch that you don't usually see! The staff were very friendly and worked hard to ensure you had everything you needed. They even took us out as a group at night for drinks. Would definitely stay here again!

The staff was great! I had several needs when I first arrived and they were able to point me in the right direction and give me some options! They also did a good job at getting me motivated to hit the night life even though I was a bit tired. So glad for that, thanks Kasper!

Best Hostel I have stayed at, especially with the staff who cared about your experience in Krakow. Breakfast and dinner was great and the night activities made the stay well worth it. Only problem was that there were large groups staying there which made it impossible to extend the stay. Will stay again if available. cheers! :)

Hey! Thank you for pointing out our caring and professional staff! Our guests' satisfaction from their visit in Krakow is really important to us. It's a shame that you checked out, though we had some private rooms available at a reasonable price ;) At that time we did have two small groups booked way in advance, but this does not happen very often. Even if our guests check out, they are always welcome to visit us and join us for our events! Hope to see you again in Mosquito, take care!

The free dinners and events every night make the place really social and give it one of the best hostel atmosphere's I've experienced. The breakfast was delicious and they are really generous with the food, shots and sheesha. The rooms were very clean and each bed gets a big locker. The staff were super friendly, helpful and really cute too. The only downside was that the water in the shower was really cold both times I used it. But altogether this hostel offers a great experience.

• 30th Jan 2016

Thank you for commenting on our nightly events where it is easy to meet fellow travelers, and the social atmosphere our staff tries to create so that everyone can feel at home! We are glad that you appreciated our cleanliness and the size of the lockers - there are big enough to fit a whole backpack and more! We are sorry to hear that the water was cold - our staff is always there to help and fix any problems that appear, so if we are notified - we are able to bring the water back to normal in no time! :) Make sure to follow us on Facebook and keep in touch. Happy travels!

The best hostel I've ever been and I've been travelling for almost a year now. Great atmosphere and daily events to everyone into one big group. The staff are all really nice, very helpful and take you out to party. Laundry is free, breakfast is free dinner is free, ...everything is free! Only thing I think could improve my stay is that the milk wasn't cold at breakfast but still 10/10 overall especially for solo travelers

this hostel is amazing, the location is good and close to the main train station and old town square. I will always come back here. I would like to thank Monica and the rest off the staff for making my stay out of this world.

Great hostel to stay at while in Krakow! The staff are very approachable and fun to be around. It is very easy to meet people as they have social events running every night. The free breakfast and dinner is also a massive plus! If you want to go on a tour to Auschwitz or the Salt Mines, you can book it through them and the driver comes straight to the door. Overall excellent stay at Mosquito Hostel!

Private room is right next to the reception which means you can hear everything that goes on, people heading out, coming back, checking in, receptionist typing etc. Water in the shower was inconsistent hot/cold and went completely cold when someone used other one. One day there was no water at all until 11am! Staff actually seemed annoyed when I asked how long it would be. It meant we wasted half a day in Kraków waiting for a shower/brush teeth. Otherwise it was fine and great location!

We are deeply sorry for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately when cold and snow hit Krakow's water pipes system, sometimes an old water pipe bursts and it is completely not up to us, but to the city to fix it as soon as possible. This was the first time it happened in our hostel and if staff seemed annoyed it's because they were completely helpless in the situation, though the damaged pipe was quickly fixed and such an inconvenience should not occur again. If there is any problem with the temperature in the showers our staff is always there to resolve it if notified. Some temporary temperature variations happen independently of us due to the city water supply network. We are glad that you liked our location, which is indeed perfect for getting to the Old Town, Train Station, Bus Station and shopping mall - everything is within walking distance. Our staff is working hard to provide the highest level of customer service and always recommends best local places to see and eat in, also involves you in nightly activities in the common room where it is easy to meet fellow travelers, offers fully organised, professional tours and is eager to help in any matter 24/7, especially if it concerns the comfort of our guests, which is our priority! We hope that you enjoyed visiting our city and that all your future travels will be pleasant and successful. Take care!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Staff were friendly, helpful, and involved. Lockers were very spacious, linen was warm and comfortable, and it was very clean. Lots of activities and social opportunities - heaps of fun, would stay again.

• 5th Jan 2016

Location and staff are great although no Australians should come as they won't have any staff left to work at the hostel. Really good value for money as you get breakfast and dinner, as well as daily events. Rooms are large and spacious with plenty of room for luggage. 10/10 would stay again.

Really nice hostel. Good staff. Good atmosphere.

I stayed in the double room, it's right next to reception so it's very loud, there is a panel that lets in light from reception & it's next to the front door which is slammed all night. It's terrible. We were told that we could use facilities after check out. But they closed for Christmas which they didn't tell us. We asked the manager how long he had known he said months. I brought all this up with the him he couldn't even look at me when speaking. Very unprofessional and rude.

• 20th Dec 2015

We are deeply sorry for the misunderstanding that occured during your check in procedure. Once a year we close for Christmas to get all renovations done, so the hostel is closed from around 6pm and our guests can use all the facilities up to that hour. We try to maintain silence at the reception during night time to the best of our ability and the light is always dim at the reception and on the corridors at night time. All of our staff always try to maintain the highest level of customer service and treat our guests with due respect. We keep an eye on how people close the door but sometimes we cannot prevent the occassional slamming. We have installed new seals in the door to minimilise the sound. Our manager talked to you personally for 15 minutes in order to explain the whole situation and we thought it was cleared up afterwards. Please bear in mind that we were aware of your disatisfaction therefore you did not have to pay for your second night even though you stayed in the hostel till the evening. Wishing you great and happy travels, Mosquito Staff!

I thought I knew what a good hostel was but Mosquito blew them all out the water :) I loved the atmosphere they create with their free dinners and activities every night its a perfect opportunity to meet lots of new people before heading out to explore Krakow's bars together.

The showers were either burning hot or ice cold. Not too pleasant. The staff were great, though. Worked hard to make sure everyone was having fun which was really nice and the places they took us at night rocked. Breakfast was a dream.

Thanks for nice words about our staff, who tries to involve every one who is interested in our evening activies and take our guests out to show them the local nightlife :) Thank you for commenting our breakfast, as it is free of charge, varied and plentiful. We are sorry to hear that you found our showers unpleasant - our guests deserve the highest comfort and standard that is why we try to resove any problems immediatedly after our guests report them to the reception. Happy and safe travels!

Nice hostel. It was very clean and the staff were very helpful. Some meals were provided and they would help you go out if you wanted to.

Loved everything about my stay here! Free and delicious dinner and breakfast and a great homey vibe with events every night. Staff were so lovely and facilities were great!

I loved it, one of my favourite! Great staff, lovely atmosphere and met nice people also plenty of activities to do everyday, offered by the hostel. I would recommend for anyone.

A small cosy hostel very close to the old town and only 5 min walk from the train station and Krakowa Mall. The hostel is small with a common room where it's easy to meet other travelers as a solo traveler. The rooms are small and a bit stuffy. Each bed has its own power outlets and locker. Very few hangers to hang your towel, coat, clothes etc. The female showers and toilets were clean. Breakfast included in the price and free dinner almost every night. I'd stay here again!

Thank you for pointing out our great location, freebies and the cleanliness which is one of our priorities. We try to make the most out of the given space, every guest in the dorms will find a huge locker fitting the whole backpack. On request, we can provide more hangers for clothes.The fact that we are a small hostel makes it easy to meet fellow travelers as you mentioned, as well as it feels more like home. Hope to see you again in the future, let us know how you've been on Facebook!

We stayed in Cracow for the weekend with three friends. The staff was very friendly and fun to go out with, reception occupied 24 hours. Goof breakfast, cooking in the evening. Our room (3 bed private) was very comfy even with a small balcony. When I come back to Cracow, I will stay in the Mosquito again. Cheers Robert

Definitely made my stay in Krakow much more interesting and funny! Great atmosphere and great facilities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6