Mount Cook Backpacker Lodge Reviews

Bowen Drive, Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village, Mt Cook, New Zealand

Room with old design (small CRT TV) but we enjoy the great mountain view. The hotel heater works great & make us feel comfortable in cold day. Kitchen is a joke compare to BBH. Pans & pots looks terrible. We dont feel comfortable to cook.

Doesn't worth the price. Moreover, it's written that there is a free wifi but it's not true, it's 4$ for 24hours. When you pay this price you expect having internet at least. The kitchen is very bad too : only 1 knife for all the backpacker and no salt, no coffee, no tea as you find in almost every backpackers.

Thank you Alexandra for your comments, the free Wi-Fi advertised on this website was an oversight by us so for that I'm extremely sorry, you are correct the Wi-Fi is $4 for 24hours unlimited. I will be investigating regarding tea and coffee etc throughout other hostels as I hadn't heard of this before, so for that I thank you for bring it to my attention. Thanks again Alexandra, hopefully one day you may return so we can show just how good a hostel the Mount Cook Backpacker Lodge really is.