Mount Cook Backpacker Lodge Reviews

Bowen Drive, Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village, Mt Cook, New Zealand

Doesn't worth the price. Moreover, it's written that there is a free wifi but it's not true, it's 4$ for 24hours. When you pay this price you expect having internet at least. The kitchen is very bad too : only 1 knife for all the backpacker and no salt, no coffee, no tea as you find in almost every backpackers.

Thank you Alexandra for your comments, the free Wi-Fi advertised on this website was an oversight by us so for that I'm extremely sorry, you are correct the Wi-Fi is $4 for 24hours unlimited. I will be investigating regarding tea and coffee etc throughout other hostels as I hadn't heard of this before, so for that I thank you for bring it to my attention. Thanks again Alexandra, hopefully one day you may return so we can show just how good a hostel the Mount Cook Backpacker Lodge really is.

The kitchen equipment is a practical joke. One single

Thank you Phillipp for the brief comment, would love to hear more, please feel free to contact us direct. Thanks

We greatly enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness of the staff. The food was fantastic but it took a while to prepare. We will definitely come back. A little bit disappointed that the room was not ready on time.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you Natasha for the kind words and we certainly will look forward to your return, unfortunately the housekeepers can't always get every room ready in time, so if I could offer you some advice that when making your next booking advise the accommodation provider of your ETA that way we or anyone else can ensure your room will be ready on time. Thanks again Natasha

Had a bath in the dorm ensuite which was a nice bonus. However the cafe was really slow had to wait an hour and a half for some bland expensive fish and chips! So be advised bring your own food too cook.

Thank you Greg for the time taken to review our property, surprises me and concerns me the comments mentioned about the food, but rest assure I will be investigating. Thanks again.

Great place to stay especially after long hikes and climbs. Food in the restaurant and bar was great! It's in a remote location so don't expect Atm machines or shops selling groceries etc in the vicinity, before you arrive. Highly recommend this place. Never woken up to such amazing views!

Thank you Adam for the kind words and information shared, pleased you enjoyed the restaurant and your stay here with us.

I liked the atmosphere of the restaurant, there's nothing better than sitting on a cozy couch, drinking hot chocolate and staring at the mountains. :)

Thank you Kata for these kend words, I certainly agree there simple isn't anything better.