Mount Eccles Court Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

We reserved an apartment with a small kitchen. We were beside the hostel, in a separate historic building, with independent front door. It was very spacious for two people, peaceful, well furnished and clean. We only found out that the TV had problems and also the shower (but there was a bath too). The location is good if you like quietness and walking. Wfi was good. I would recommend to couples, friends and small families

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Was the worst hostel I've ever seen. My bed wasn't done and the room really dirty. The toilets, really old and messy. The whole building smelled musty

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

We got there too early on our first day and they let us keep our luggage in the luggage room. They are big on safety and I really liked that. They change key cards every morning for safety reasons - really good. The neighborhood looks really nice with beautiful buildings. The location just next to O'Connelly Street was perfect for us, with just a short walk to Temple Bar. However it's on the opposite end of the street so if you don't like walking/going by bus maybe take another hostel.

Stairwell and walls look like they could use some cleaning, but bathrooms were very clean, as were linens and room furniture. Staff at desk 24/7 and very helpful and generous. 2 euro breakfast good value.

I thought it was a fine hostel. Sure the ceiling paint was cracked, but it wasn't dirty. Plenty of room in the kitchen. I was in a large dorm room (16 people?), but while it wasn't cozy with so many other people, it wasn't crowded--the room was more than large enough to accommodate us and our luggage. Plenty have said this, but the stairs are tough if you've got bulky luggage. Friendly staff. TV room and lounge with outlets, WiFi worked great all over. Would go here again.

We had a great time at the hostel. The facilities were better than expected

It's good for the price and staff were very nice. The location is a little dangerous won't walk there alone at night however Its good though that it's near city centre.

Good Location. A bit dirty and pretty noisy. But nice deal tough.

My only issue was the other women I shared the room with kept dead bolting the door when I was out and I was unable to get into the room until I knocked many times and very loudly.

• 10th Aug 2014

Even if the hostel is not really in the city center, only 5 minutes of walking. For us the location was fine. Unfortunately, we have been disappointed by 2 points. The atmosphere around the hostel is not so safe ( strange people in the street). We don't have any issue with one of them, nevertheless it was just a feeling that we get once we were. I would like to insist as well on the cleanliness and the noise of the hostel which were below our expectation.

Double rooms with all amenities. Hostel near downtown.

The hostel is very well located: it is very close to the city center and the Temple Bar but in a quiet street that allows its guests to sleep properly. Moreover, they offer a 2-euro breakfast that is worthy. I highly recommend this hotel and I will book a room in it the next time I visit Dublin.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Spain

The matresses are very dirty and you have only one sheet to cover you above and under. The showers are also full of mould and your clothes are getting wet, when you shower.

Everything was good in this hostel. Good price, location etc. We atayed two times in Dublin, and we were here both ;)

A lot of stairs to reach the floor where the rooms are keep one fit, but beware of the baggages ! We enjoyed a great, big, calm double/triple which is to recommend.

Good but the toilets are not always very clean

I had not realized but the private double bed with bathroom ensuite that I booked was actually a kind of loft-style apartment. I wish we had been staying there longer as it felt like the lap of luxury. Not sure how it would be in winter though as the big space would be tough to heat but during summer it was awesome!

• 3rd Aug 2014

I stayed in for three nights and I found it excellent: very clean, especially the kitchen. The staff was friendly and reliable, and the location was perfect, ten minutes to walk to the Trinity College. Toilets were clean and shower hot but there were few toilets and showers. However I suggest to stay there if you go to Dublin.

The stay at eccles court was really fine. The house is beautiful. It is located really near the city and the staff was always friendly. Our room was ok. We had some problems with the power points at the first day, but on the second they were fixed. We had a room for 4 people and our own shower which we didn't used because it was just burning hot or ice cold nothing in between. The breakfast for 2 euros was good. We had a nice stay.

excellent. staff were lovely.nothing got stolen.all rooms have windows and a roof.best hostel ever exclamation mark.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6