Mount Eccles Court Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

My only issue was the other women I shared the room with kept dead bolting the door when I was out and I was unable to get into the room until I knocked many times and very loudly.

• 10th Aug 2014

Even if the hostel is not really in the city center, only 5 minutes of walking. For us the location was fine. Unfortunately, we have been disappointed by 2 points. The atmosphere around the hostel is not so safe ( strange people in the street). We don't have any issue with one of them, nevertheless it was just a feeling that we get once we were. I would like to insist as well on the cleanliness and the noise of the hostel which were below our expectation.

The hostel is very well located: it is very close to the city center and the Temple Bar but in a quiet street that allows its guests to sleep properly. Moreover, they offer a 2-euro breakfast that is worthy. I highly recommend this hotel and I will book a room in it the next time I visit Dublin.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Spain

A lot of stairs to reach the floor where the rooms are keep one fit, but beware of the baggages ! We enjoyed a great, big, calm double/triple which is to recommend.

Good but the toilets are not always very clean

I had not realized but the private double bed with bathroom ensuite that I booked was actually a kind of loft-style apartment. I wish we had been staying there longer as it felt like the lap of luxury. Not sure how it would be in winter though as the big space would be tough to heat but during summer it was awesome!

• 3rd Aug 2014

I stayed in for three nights and I found it excellent: very clean, especially the kitchen. The staff was friendly and reliable, and the location was perfect, ten minutes to walk to the Trinity College. Toilets were clean and shower hot but there were few toilets and showers. However I suggest to stay there if you go to Dublin.

The stay at eccles court was really fine. The house is beautiful. It is located really near the city and the staff was always friendly. Our room was ok. We had some problems with the power points at the first day, but on the second they were fixed. We had a room for 4 people and our own shower which we didn't used because it was just burning hot or ice cold nothing in between. The breakfast for 2 euros was good. We had a nice stay.

excellent. staff were lovely.nothing got stolen.all rooms have windows and a roof.best hostel ever exclamation mark.

Location a bit far from central city center. However, the hostel had nice rooms with decent amenities. The staff was helpful. Have both dorms and private rooms.

The staff were very friendly, even when it was their turn to stay at the desk all night ! Really helpfull and ready for any request. The hostel is well located, we walked everywhere. Thanks for everything.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Managed by friendly and welcoming staff, this hostel is a very nice and safe place to stay in Dublin on a quiet side street. Easy and close access to public transit and airport connections. Our private room was basic but clean as was the shared common bathroom. Great central Dublin location within easy walking distance of restaurants, bars, shops, and Temple Bar nightlife. Recommend!

While this hostel was relatively close to the main shopping street, we had to walk through a part of town that did not feel all too safe. My sister and I actually considered taking a cab back at night because we were nervous about walking there alone. The building was quite old, and it didn't feel as if many renovations had been done in an attempt to bring it up to date at all.

Large rooms, basin provided in each room, large sheet provided on bed, clean facilities, downside- too many steps and no tea or coffee or milk provided, bit of a walk to main city centre but reasonable for us as we only stated the one night.

This hostel is perfect if you want to stay somewhere close to the main sights.

staff were more interested in their computer games than serving people, but rooms very spacious and beds comfortable. incredible common area where you could bring your own alc, socialize with the others at the hostel and go out together. that was def the highlight

The Hostel is next to O'Connell Street, but it is not really clean and cumfortable. Just good for one night as a step before leaving for an other destination.

• 20th Jul 2014

Center location yet in a quiet street Nice staff Good value for breakfast Poor: Shower not working well Beds not really clean Certain beds really old and uncomfortable No or too small furniture to put luggage or stuff

The staff were very unfriendly - one man in particular. We didn't feel welcome. Wouldn't choose to stay here again. The facilities were poor in comparison to other hostels in Dublin however the price didn't reflect this - it was more £££!

• 17th Jul 2014

I only put average for Staff because one guy that was working the front desk was really rude and seemed like he hated life. everyone else was nice.

• 17th Jul 2014