Mount Eccles Court Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

everithing is ok but can by bether

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Croatia

This hostel is great, it's in a great location only a few minutes walk from O Connell street, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the room we stayed was very clean and I wouldn't say a bad thing about it because even though we only stayed for one night it was still very good but I have stayed in Mount Ecceles Court before and I have never been a bad experience

All in all quite a nice hostel, although a bit hidden. We weren't too happy with the bathroom though because the water in the shower was either icy or boiling. But apart from that we were very pleased.

Big building. Breakfast available for 2€. The kitchen is big and well furnished but not mugs (unless you pay breakfast). The dorm was very big but sadly the people too noisy during the whole nigh.

- good, secure atmosphere in the Hostel - I liked the breakfast!

• 14th Feb 2015

It would be nice to have shower mats and pegs to hang clothes from when you are having a shower . A bit more things to cook with too (like wooden spoons and spatulas) and tea-towels in the kitchen. Personal bedside lights would be good too, one on each bunkbed and a small shelf for the upper beds. All the rest was good !!! But check the doors please - they bang and creak too much.

The rooms were freezing cold. The neighborhood it was in looked dangerous, but was near the city center. We were woken up at 5 am by men banging on doors and yelling, and when we called the front desk, nothing was done about it. But the man working the front desk when we checked in and out was great, as was the woman who let us use their wifi.

• 13th Feb 2015

Sorry but I havent been in this hostel. I booked it but didnt come

• 12th Feb 2015

showers could be better

When you get to the hostel and you dont get what you reserved...it started like that! Staff could be a bit more positive, talkative, except for the blond girl and Irish one! Kitchen a bit dirty, not so much things worked down there... Would not recommend coz Im sure there are much better ones around Dublin but if you just want a roof above your head its fine!

There are glamorous hostels in Dublin, but Eccles Court gives a good mix of decent location, large rooms, no frills facilities and very cheap price. My stay over NYE was booked was a lucky accident and I could not be happier :-) Recommended for the budget traveller, especially if you are not THAT into socializing: not the hostel is not sociable, it is just that it is even better if you are rather stick to your own train of thoughts.

Great location, friendly staff and excellent double room.

The only problem was that the shower had hot water only for 5 minutes, then had to wait over 1 hour to heat up again. They have to change the heating system.

• 24th Dec 2014

We were staying in an appartement like room, the washing machine was not working, but just after asking, it's been fixed straight away. Also the breakfast was very good, considering the price... Thanks to the very nice and helpful staff, we had a wonderful stay, and we will recommend this hostel to friends!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Hey guys! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you. All the best in New Year. ;)

just great

i am totally pleased!!!!!

Shower is disaster. Terrible disaster and that is thing that you should be a shame. Other things, like staff are great and very friendly. I am very satisfied with cleanliness. I can say that Eccles hostel have a soul. My advice: upgrade shower.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

Good apartment, very spacious and comfortable beds. Bathroom not so bad and clean. Room itself could be cleaner but good as a whole. Nice staff.

• 22nd Nov 2014

mazing Hostel. The localization is a awesome and the staff couldn't be more nice. 5 stars!

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Portugal

I found the hostel pretty dirty and the rooms very small. Plus there were only one blanket put in a weird way. Location not particularly comfortable as it took me almost 30 minutes from the centre. Main problem anyway is cleanliness.

« first « Prev 1 2 3