Mount Eccles Court Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Personal very polite and smiley except one. Shower bad but kitchen very good. Rooms calms as away from the road. very good stay except snorring guy in my room, really really loud, nobody slept except him.

It wasn't clean at all. The showers in an en suite room already began to mold. For a weekend and sleep only, just ok....

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

You get what you pay for. Dublin is an expensive city, so comparatively the hostel is quite cheap. That said, the rooms had a damp, musty smell and weren't very clean - don't accidentally look at your mattress, gross. The showers overflow and soak the bathroom floor and the 2 Euro breakfast is a waste. About a 10 minute walk to the main bit of Dublin.

• 20th Sep 2014

Awful staff. So rude!!! The bed and the room where dirty. Don't even had 2 sheets!!!! The breakfast was awful and cost 2€! The bathroom was terrible

The staff did not welcome me with any information. The neighbourhood was dodgy at night, but the hostel was in a central spot. The bathroom was disgusting. The toilets wouldn't flush sometimes and the sinks and showers would not drain. One of the showers in the second floor (there are only two) would not work without having to hold your hand on the button constantly. Everything in the shower recess would get wet and you would end up standing in a puddle of water, ankle deep. Not hygienic!

Good place to stay like one night. If your staying more then that i recomend to check other hostelst too. :) but it was pretty cool place.

Huge kitchen and nice location. Bathrooms could be bigger...

Very nice rooms & beds! During all our stay in Ireland, we haven't sleep better elsewhere. Very good price as well! (14€/night)

I experienced bed bugs. But they say they always check

Its a regular hostel, nothing fancy to expects. Serves the purpose. Great staff, really helpful and friendly.

• 5th Sep 2014

Great location and amenities, but you get what you pay for. Instead of proper bedsheets you get one sheet folded in half. DO NOT lift that sheet to look underneath - it's gross - I also doubt my duvet had been properly washed. And then to top it all of - we had the fortune of sharing the room with the loudest snorer that I have ever come across. Even with earplugs and covering my ears I could still hear him loud and clear - apparently he had a few pints too many. Next time I"m going for a B&B.

really cool building! and nice kitchen with a cool hang out area. right by james joyces house and writers museum!! so super cool.

I like this hostel-it's great being inside an old Dublin house, very atmospheric. Staff are friendly. Kitchen is useful to save money in the city.

I just loved to stay here. Very helpful people and very nice

Our room was a bit dirty and the bedsheets and covers had stains on them from previous occupants. Some of the beds were broken and held together with a ratchet strap, and were clearly two beds drilled together, not bunk beds, as there wasn't much room for the bottom bed occupant! Toilets were tiny and hard to get into! Apart from that the hostel was in a good location (close to Croke Park, a parking garage and O'Connell Street) and we were able to come and go as we pleased and they had free wifi

• 30th Aug 2014
  • PaddyCampbell
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very warm welcome by the desk staff ... I recommend !!!

• 29th Aug 2014

You have to pay for breakfast. No elevator - a lot of stairs

We reserved an apartment with a small kitchen. We were beside the hostel, in a separate historic building, with independent front door. It was very spacious for two people, peaceful, well furnished and clean. We only found out that the TV had problems and also the shower (but there was a bath too). The location is good if you like quietness and walking. Wfi was good. I would recommend to couples, friends and small families

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Was the worst hostel I've ever seen. My bed wasn't done and the room really dirty. The toilets, really old and messy. The whole building smelled musty

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Weel, I really enjoyed all my time at Hostel during my trip to Dublin. It's a great Hostel that i had the opportunitty to know people from another countries, with an excellent atmosfere. The location is great for be really close from O'Connell Street and a lot of shops and touristic points to visit. When i come back to Dublin, i will definitely try to make my reservation at Mount Eccles Court. Thank you for great time that i had!

• 27th Aug 2014