Mount Eccles Court Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Huge kitchen and nice location. Bathrooms could be bigger...

Very nice rooms & beds! During all our stay in Ireland, we haven't sleep better elsewhere. Very good price as well! (14€/night)

I experienced bed bugs. But they say they always check

Its a regular hostel, nothing fancy to expects. Serves the purpose. Great staff, really helpful and friendly.

• 5th Sep 2014

Great location and amenities, but you get what you pay for. Instead of proper bedsheets you get one sheet folded in half. DO NOT lift that sheet to look underneath - it's gross - I also doubt my duvet had been properly washed. And then to top it all of - we had the fortune of sharing the room with the loudest snorer that I have ever come across. Even with earplugs and covering my ears I could still hear him loud and clear - apparently he had a few pints too many. Next time I"m going for a B&B.

really cool building! and nice kitchen with a cool hang out area. right by james joyces house and writers museum!! so super cool.

I like this hostel-it's great being inside an old Dublin house, very atmospheric. Staff are friendly. Kitchen is useful to save money in the city.

I just loved to stay here. Very helpful people and very nice

Our room was a bit dirty and the bedsheets and covers had stains on them from previous occupants. Some of the beds were broken and held together with a ratchet strap, and were clearly two beds drilled together, not bunk beds, as there wasn't much room for the bottom bed occupant! Toilets were tiny and hard to get into! Apart from that the hostel was in a good location (close to Croke Park, a parking garage and O'Connell Street) and we were able to come and go as we pleased and they had free wifi

• 30th Aug 2014
  • PaddyCampbell
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very warm welcome by the desk staff ... I recommend !!!

• 29th Aug 2014

You have to pay for breakfast. No elevator - a lot of stairs

We reserved an apartment with a small kitchen. We were beside the hostel, in a separate historic building, with independent front door. It was very spacious for two people, peaceful, well furnished and clean. We only found out that the TV had problems and also the shower (but there was a bath too). The location is good if you like quietness and walking. Wfi was good. I would recommend to couples, friends and small families

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Was the worst hostel I've ever seen. My bed wasn't done and the room really dirty. The toilets, really old and messy. The whole building smelled musty

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Weel, I really enjoyed all my time at Hostel during my trip to Dublin. It's a great Hostel that i had the opportunitty to know people from another countries, with an excellent atmosfere. The location is great for be really close from O'Connell Street and a lot of shops and touristic points to visit. When i come back to Dublin, i will definitely try to make my reservation at Mount Eccles Court. Thank you for great time that i had!

• 27th Aug 2014

Nice and helpfull staff! they are very friendly and smiling.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the beds were quite comfy (I'm not particularly picky on the bed) but generally, they are clean and tidy. however one thing is the socket in the room is not enough. I only found two sockets for a 6 bed dorms.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Brunei

Great location, right next to O'Connells street. The staff weren't very nice, sometimes even seemed bothered that you had to address them. The rooms and the bathroom were clean, but during the 2 nights I stayed there, the kitchen was never cleaned, in the morning you could still see all dirty from the day before, and that was kinda gross. Other than that, the hostel was fine, but for some reason the atmosphere was always weird. Despite all of this, I would say it's fine to stay there.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

We got there too early on our first day and they let us keep our luggage in the luggage room. They are big on safety and I really liked that. They change key cards every morning for safety reasons - really good. The neighborhood looks really nice with beautiful buildings. The location just next to O'Connelly Street was perfect for us, with just a short walk to Temple Bar. However it's on the opposite end of the street so if you don't like walking/going by bus maybe take another hostel.

Stairwell and walls look like they could use some cleaning, but bathrooms were very clean, as were linens and room furniture. Staff at desk 24/7 and very helpful and generous. 2 euro breakfast good value.

I thought it was a fine hostel. Sure the ceiling paint was cracked, but it wasn't dirty. Plenty of room in the kitchen. I was in a large dorm room (16 people?), but while it wasn't cozy with so many other people, it wasn't crowded--the room was more than large enough to accommodate us and our luggage. Plenty have said this, but the stairs are tough if you've got bulky luggage. Friendly staff. TV room and lounge with outlets, WiFi worked great all over. Would go here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6