Mount Eccles Court Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Good location, clean toilets and showers, friendly staff. No complaints.

Feel confortable and safe in this hostel. Nice stay here I will come back. Good price, nice staff ... Maybe I don't like the stair to go to the room very hard if you are tired To much stair!

The hostel was good. Not excellent, but good enough for people who are on a city trip. In that case you're not a lot in the hostel anyway. The location is perfect: a quiet street, but still in the centre of the city. The staff was very helpfull. They answered all our questions perfectly. We had a room without our own bathroom. Not really a problem to us, but a little sink in the room would have been practical. The only thing that wasn't good, was the breakfast.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel. Everything was nice. You have free internet and a good breakfast for only 2 euro. I think is the cheapest hostel in Dublin.

I really like this place. It is near the city center and close by the bus link to the airport. It is quiet during the day when you want a sleep in and has great wifi connections throughout the hostel. Personally what makes it for me is the laid back professional attitude of the staff. The cleaners are very very good, I like how they can tidy the rooms without necessary waking you up. They are really good.

Great WiFi. Plenty of power points. Our dorm room had plenty of room. The kitchen was big, but there was never enough dishes / cups. 3 / 4 stove tops couldn't be used. Had some issues with the door card as they expire everyday before the checkout time. The card also failed one time at 2 AM, which wasn't pleasant. Nice and affordable place, but we found the atmosphere a bit cold.

I did not like the fact that there were not lockers in the room. The hostel is already in a unsafe area, and the fact that there was no place to securely store my things within my room made me very uneasy. Yes, there was a locked storage room that the front desk had a key too, but anyone could take things from that room once they had the key. There was no way to know your things were secure. The showers and bathroom were dirty, the toilets sometimes did not flush and the shower floors were dirty

• 22nd Mar 2014

Probably wasn't worth the money I spent. You have to pay for breakfast and there are no lockers inside your room, they're outside and you must have your own padlock. Good location. There were also a lot of older men staying there which made me feel uncomfortable. Beds were nice.

• 21st Mar 2014

I was in an aparment and was really nice, clean, and big. And the localition is really good because it´s just 10 min walking from temple bar

A lot of stairs. It isn't Good!

It was in an unsafe area. The taxi can drivers advice for me was to "trust no one" they served no food or beverages. There is no elevator or lift, and Althogh I had to climb SIX FLIGHTS of stairs w my luggage, no one from staff offered to help. The random guest were more attentive than the staff. They also charged me more than what was originally quoted on the site! Hands down WOST STAY EVER!

A very good hostel that fills all the basic necessities. 24-hour staff was also quite helpful. I just have 2 suggestions for improvement. (1) Allow guests into the kitchen earlier, for example at 7 a.m. The cleaner can clean around them. It was a little annoying when I wanted breakfast at 7, but couldn't get to the food I bought the night before. (2) Bathmats outside the showers. Other than that, I had a great experience. I would stay here again.

no locked place in the room for the luggages.If you have a lock you can use for free the places for luggages in the hall, or if you don't have a lock you have to pay for it!

It was amazing,...

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Spain

I got my mobile phone and wallet which included my money cards and driving licence and found out there was a fault on my door which allowed the man to enter my room while I was freshening up. The hostel didn't even give me any money to help me buy food or anything!!

Good place to stay if you don't want to overpay, they have free luggage store. Dorm was quite spacious, but there was only one socket for 6 people :/

It was my second time in this hostel. The room was clean, but the bathroom was too small and there was no sets to hang up clothes, bags, etc... The breakfast is good for only 2 euros. And the hostel e well located, 1 min walking to OConeel

If you wanted breakfast, you had to pay for it, but it was quite nice -- including eggs, pieces of grapefruit and cheese. The staff were friendly and the place was clean and tidy.

Location of Mount Eccles Court is really excellent! It's like 10 min walking from the river and Temple Bar and 5 min walking from the air-link bus stop. We were staying in the superior double room which was an amazingly spacious studio apartment with private bathroom and little kitchen. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the whole atmosphere was very relaxing and cozy. The apartment is in an old building and it's not very modern hostel itself, but I would definitely stay there again!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Lithuania

More stairs and no lift - not good for people with bigger luggage, otherwise all OK.

• 21st Feb 2014