Mountain Hostel Gimmelwald Reviews

Nidrimatten, Chilchstatt, 3826 Lauterbrunnen, Gimmelwald, Switzerland

Mountain Hostel Gimmelwald is set in the most perfect location! I came during the off-season so it was pretty empty, and I decided not to stay a second night by myself, but during the season, I can imagine it would attract a pretty fun crowd. No lockers, and I hear the showers weren't great from the other guests. Standard breakfast, good dining space for socializing, and close to a lot of cool hikes/views. I would come here again during the season!

Easily the prettiest view I have ever woken up to.

• 16th Oct 2015

Good hostel -- beds are crammed though. I didn't go in a busy time so I got space. Expensive

What more could you ask for in a hostel! This place has to have one of the worlds most incredible views!!! Gimmewald is a quaint town, perfect escape from the crowds! Felt like a local during my stay, hardly any tourists around other than those from the hostel. Incredible hikes within steps from the hostel! As well as the gondola. Come here for some fresh air and stunning views! Heads up: grocery store is in Murren, 1 Fr per 8 minute shower, and no lockers.

I've never had more fun at a hostel, and it didn't involve partying at all. This is one of those special places where everyone comes together to form one friendly group. Gimmelwald's location is spectacular, and it was cool to stay in a building built in the 1500s. The hostel has quirky floor plan because of its age, so if you want modern facilities you may want to stay elsewhere. But I wouldn't have changed a thing. The staff was excellent and helped us book paragliding (highly recommended).

Favourite place I've stayed at on my travels so far, it felt more like staying in someone's home than a hostel it was awesome!

• 12th Sep 2015

Place, people are perfect. Absolutely loved it :)

Loved this place. Expensive, but right next to the cable car in Gimmelwald and best atmosphere of any hostel I've been in. Easy conversation with everyone in common room. Hiker types mostly, which fits the location. Pay a franc for hot shower, but I think that's standard in the area. Great pizza, at high Switzerland prices.