Mountain Hostel Reviews

Grund, 3818, Grindelwald, Switzerland

Hostel was great, it had clean facilities, clean bedrooms, and free breakfast every morning. Lots of flies in the room unfortunately but wasn't horrible. Only main issue I had was that the wifi had a curfew so it would turn off at 11 pm and wouldn't turn back on till around 7 am which is a problem if you are trying to get in contact with people in a completely different time zone.

This hostel is a great base for Mannlichen and other mountain activities. It's not cheap, but it's some of the cheapest in Grindelwald. However, I agree w others that the owner is really stingy. 1. There is nobody on staff after 9pm, which is pretty unheard of for a hostel - caused us a lot of trouble. 2. They shut off the Internet without warning at 11pm. What the heck! We need to plan! 3. If any more than 1 shower is in use, water gets cold. Shower at an odd time if you want any hot water!

I enjoyed my stay. All of the facilities were clean, and there were lockers you could use in the rooms. The staff was quick to help and the free breakfast every morning was definitely a bonus! The only complaint was that the location was about 15 minutes from the town/train station, but the views were beautiful along the way. Overall, this was a great experience in Grindelwald! Would recommend.

The directions should be specified further to make it easier to find from Grund station. I asked locals for directions and still took me 20 minutes minimum to walk to the hostel where as it says one minute away from Grund. The breakfast was decent. The facilities were nice. The security bothered me more than I expected as the doors wouldn't lock. This didn't pose to be a problem but it's just peace of mind. I had a bad time in Switzerland.

good location, easy to take a bus just outside the hostel. beautiful scenery arround. but no kitchen.