Mountain Hostels Reviews

Calle 66 # 23 b 91, Barrio Palermo, Manizales, Colombia

Friendly & helpful staff. Provided an upgraded room without asking when the room we booked was not ready. Breakfast was good value for COP5000.

Zero hot water! And especially when you arrive late and just want a hot shower from traveling to your hostel all day, it was a massive turn off. We only stayed one night but even if we wanted to stay longer we would have stayed else where!

you guys, I saw the cleaning personnel wash the sides of the shower! how many hostels can say that?! the houses are in a quiet residential town close to shopping (retail and grocery) and buses in and out of town. the restaurant's food is really good and priced well. the social areas are not very comfortable but it's still easy to socialize ... or not to.

The Hostel is very clean and is near to all de bars in Manizales, we could sleep very well, althougth the breakfast is not included it only cost $5.000 pesos.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

I thought the staff was very friendly and helpful. Especially since I wanted to see los Nevados, and their tour made it very easy to go. I also was glad they had maps available for the Cable district. Easy trip and friendly people.

Each room had a lock on it to ensure items were safe. The staff were very helpful and gave a tour right away. The beds were comfortable. The laundry service was excellent and affordable! They had computers to use for free as well. I would definitely stay here again!

I moved out after one night. This review deals with the private room. First, it is small - no room for a yoga mat. A very poor value. The kitchen is quite in need of new pots and something to boil water in. The worst thing was the in-house dance studio where I got to listed - at very loud levels - to the same 2 hip-hop songs for 3 hours as the dance troupe practice. I would avoid - there are better options on the same street.

When we staid at this hostel there was no hot water on the opposite of what was said when we arrived. There was hardly any water at all. In order to shower it was necessary to go to another house further down in the street.... The girl at the reception was very nice and helpful and breakfast was very good.