Mountain View Backpackers Reviews

7 Russell Street, Wanaka, New Zealand

It was a bit cramped. Also the left hand sink in the main kitchen seems to constantly be leaving water into the countertop somehow.

Great hostel, really clean and great atmosphere! Wifi is only 200mb per day and doesnt work in the room. Great location

Stayed here with my mum and the owner really accommodated us; gave us a nice room out of the way. There were backpackers there too so still a backpackers vibe just a little more chilled. The room was super clean and smelt like clean linen! Big kitchen and sofa area and plenty of grass outside to sit on! Lovely hostel and really well run.

Really nice outdoor area

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

We found the showers and toilets dirty most days with dozens of dead mosquitos around the sink areas. Also there is no where to put clothing whilst in the showers. The wall are so thin we could hear everything from the longe area although we were at the other end of the building. On a plus side the guy who runs the place is very kind and helpful.

• 3rd Dec 2015

I spent three days in this hostel and I would have liked to stay more. Great atmosphere, wonderful view, loved the spacious backyard, large kitchen also and without doubt, the best, is the fireplace in the living room and the friendly atmosphere in this place. If you go to Wanaka, absolutely I recommend it.

Overall, it is a pretty standard hostel. It has all the basic essentials, but it lacks some key features and atmosphere like the better hostels. It is a good place to stay if you have your own car. I found some of the travelers were not as friendly, which is a letdown if you are traveling solo. Being a taller person, I also scraped my back pretty good on the metal bed frame (lower bunk) because there isn't enough clearance to the bunk above when getting up in the AM!