Mountain View Backpackers Reviews

7 Russell Street, Wanaka, New Zealand

I spent three days in this hostel and I would have liked to stay more. Great atmosphere, wonderful view, loved the spacious backyard, large kitchen also and without doubt, the best, is the fireplace in the living room and the friendly atmosphere in this place. If you go to Wanaka, absolutely I recommend it.

Overall, it is a pretty standard hostel. It has all the basic essentials, but it lacks some key features and atmosphere like the better hostels. It is a good place to stay if you have your own car. I found some of the travelers were not as friendly, which is a letdown if you are traveling solo. Being a taller person, I also scraped my back pretty good on the metal bed frame (lower bunk) because there isn't enough clearance to the bunk above when getting up in the AM!

Stayed in a double room. Lovely staff, beautiful warm bed and room. Great location. Clean bathroom, drying room for ski gear. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Decent place to stay in wanaka. Only negative was thr shower/ bathroom was being repaired during our stay.

Great place - lovely room and nice communal areas, in a good location.

Good hostel. Nothing too special but would stay there again. Small shower cabinets a bit dodgy

If you're allergic to cats avoid this hostel. Though the cat is not theirs and they may deny it's existence the neighbor's cat comes in and out of the property. At no point does the hostel staff try to stop this or get the cat off the property. In other words, there is cat dander all over the furniture and the floor. I had two members of my group who were allergic and had serious problems with this. They brought it up to the staff who did nothing and acted as if it wasn't a problem.

• 9th Apr 2015

i'm sorry my neighbor's cat made your stay with us unsatisfactory,we strive to make each and every one of our guests stay as comfortable as possible.We are continually getting the cat out of the hostel but the doors are continually opened and he gets back in.I have now asked my neighbor to keep her cat indoors at her home from now on.