Mountain View Backpackers Reviews

7 Russell Street, Wanaka, New Zealand

A friendly place with a lovely garden.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Lovely location with nice view of mountains and near lake. Close to shops and restaurants.

Overall, great stay. The place had a friendly feel and was clean and well-kept. Would definitely stay again. A couple of minor issues included security at night. We were not told how the hostel lock-up worked at night and so it made things a bit tricky with our group as we only had one key. Would be useful to have a sign on the door telling you how to get in as we had to bang on the door until another guest told us to use the side gate. Would also be good to have wifi included in the price.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Quiet, small hostel only walking distance from lake, great garden/lounge, good for coming down. Only thing is staff terse and maybe stressed, clumsy with counting money and reservation days, resulting in me coarsely being awakened on my first morning accused to not having paid when I'd reserved for more nights, no checking or benefit of the doubt beforehand, quite unprofessional. Everything else OK.

On the whole a pretty good hostel, good facilities and a great view of my cook. But the main gripe is that there are plenty of jobs for cooking but only approx 4 saucepans!?

• 11th Dec 2014

Are you sure your'e reviewing the correct hostel,we are no where near Mt Cook and we have least 20 saucepans. Steve Mountain View Backpackers,Wanaka

Sorry for not giving back the key. I noticed it when I was already in the bus and out of town. I took care of it all the time but didn't remember removing it from my bag. But due to I definitely come back to Wanaka, I will leave the key then ;)

• 4th Dec 2014

The views were absolutely amazing from the windows, and the rooms were decently clean. The kitchen was a little bit spartan with its utensils, so come prepared.