Mountain View Backpackers Reviews

7 Russell Street, Wanaka, New Zealand

I spent three days in this hostel and I would have liked to stay more. Great atmosphere, wonderful view, loved the spacious backyard, large kitchen also and without doubt, the best, is the fireplace in the living room and the friendly atmosphere in this place. If you go to Wanaka, absolutely I recommend it.

Overall, it is a pretty standard hostel. It has all the basic essentials, but it lacks some key features and atmosphere like the better hostels. It is a good place to stay if you have your own car. I found some of the travelers were not as friendly, which is a letdown if you are traveling solo. Being a taller person, I also scraped my back pretty good on the metal bed frame (lower bunk) because there isn't enough clearance to the bunk above when getting up in the AM!

Stayed in a double room. Lovely staff, beautiful warm bed and room. Great location. Clean bathroom, drying room for ski gear. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Decent place to stay in wanaka. Only negative was thr shower/ bathroom was being repaired during our stay.