Mountbatten Hotel Reviews

701 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

I arrived late and left early, some stress involved with checking in/out and leaving baggage for the day, but was able to have this sorted out with after hours barstaff and cleaner. The breakfast was good for a basic hostel but mattress (10 bed dorm) super hard a and uncomfortable. Bathrooms good size but could have been cleaner for the price

• 18th Aug 2014

i rang the hotel and cancelled my booking a few days before the booking date .I asked the lady if i had to ring hostelworld and she said she would let you know . I hope you don`t charge my card for the night I didn`t stay .I will be booking again fairly soon . Cheers ,Harry

A nice, quiet place to stay in a great location for exploring Sydney. Lots of long term residents which made for a quiet atmosphere which was exactly what we wanted. We had a room facing the main street so it was quite noisy at night - maybe ask for a quieter room if you're a light sleeper. Everything was reasonably clean and the facilities were totally fine for a brief stay.

I would have stayed here again, as it's generally quiet and decent value for money, - if it wasn't for the giant flat screen TVs in the dorms. Really don't want to negotiate tv times with roommates!

• 21st Jul 2014

I've stayed here a few times. Very relaxed, more of a live in hostel with a fair few long termers around. I've only ever stayed on short trips though and still made a lot of very good long term friends. Very basic facilities and not a huge population, but I still really enjoy revisiting, If you want to get Shitface McDrunk every night maybe not your style, if you're a little more moderate but still want the odd night out this place is perfect

• 23rd Jun 2014

This hostel was fairly quiet and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed being located near Paddy's, Central Station and China town which has some amazing food. The kitchen was very clean all the time which I really appreciated! Downside: Not a lot of room to socialize with other guests and alcohol is strictly prohibited. I stayed here with a group of 4 girls so it was fine, but I wouldn't really reccomend staying here as a lone backpacker unless you're uninterested in meeting people.

The Hostel was extremely clean. There was this man who would come through the rooms every other day and vacuum. Which was nice but also annoying because if you're planning on taking a nap, it won't happen. This hostel is definitely more on the quiet end. So if you're planning on finding a hostel with a large lively party atmosphere, this one is definitely not for you. There were families and kids who were staying here. However, I did meet some amazing travelers who stayed here.

• 9th Jun 2014

Hostel is very old and run down, beds were awful (worst I've slept in in a hostel) Kitchen area old and dirty. Showers were really bad as no where to get dry and they are unisex. Would not stay here again

This hostel is just the basics, but it's a bit closer to the sights than the big-name hostels at a significantly cheaper price. I wasn't looking for parties or a booking desk, so it was perfect for me.

I only spent a night there, but it was exactly what I needed. It is basic but clean and is in a good location only a short walk to Central station.

Ticks all the boxes as a cheap, clean and very well located hostel. Quiet enough for a decent sleep. All of the facilities worked. No complaints!

• 11th Apr 2014

A very nice hostel with added character. Friendly staff and to my delight right within walking distance of Darling harbour and China town :D Would definitely recommend.