Mountbatten Hotel Reviews

701 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

I've stayed here a few times. Very relaxed, more of a live in hostel with a fair few long termers around. I've only ever stayed on short trips though and still made a lot of very good long term friends. Very basic facilities and not a huge population, but I still really enjoy revisiting, If you want to get Shitface McDrunk every night maybe not your style, if you're a little more moderate but still want the odd night out this place is perfect

• 23rd Jun 2014

This hostel was fairly quiet and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed being located near Paddy's, Central Station and China town which has some amazing food. The kitchen was very clean all the time which I really appreciated! Downside: Not a lot of room to socialize with other guests and alcohol is strictly prohibited. I stayed here with a group of 4 girls so it was fine, but I wouldn't really reccomend staying here as a lone backpacker unless you're uninterested in meeting people.

The Hostel was extremely clean. There was this man who would come through the rooms every other day and vacuum. Which was nice but also annoying because if you're planning on taking a nap, it won't happen. This hostel is definitely more on the quiet end. So if you're planning on finding a hostel with a large lively party atmosphere, this one is definitely not for you. There were families and kids who were staying here. However, I did meet some amazing travelers who stayed here.

• 9th Jun 2014

Hostel is very old and run down, beds were awful (worst I've slept in in a hostel) Kitchen area old and dirty. Showers were really bad as no where to get dry and they are unisex. Would not stay here again

This hostel is just the basics, but it's a bit closer to the sights than the big-name hostels at a significantly cheaper price. I wasn't looking for parties or a booking desk, so it was perfect for me.

I only spent a night there, but it was exactly what I needed. It is basic but clean and is in a good location only a short walk to Central station.

Ticks all the boxes as a cheap, clean and very well located hostel. Quiet enough for a decent sleep. All of the facilities worked. No complaints!

• 11th Apr 2014

A very nice hostel with added character. Friendly staff and to my delight right within walking distance of Darling harbour and China town :D Would definitely recommend.

always good value

The location of this hostel is fantastic, around the corner from Central Station and on George St which is the main street in Sydney. There is no common room and a small kitchen which means people sit on the stairs to Skype and make phone calls, very annoying. We have a private double room which had what we needed but was looking very tired. The whole place would benefit from a lick of paint and a refresh as it looks quite rundown.

Worst hostel I have ever stayed on! Reception turned off our electric at 11pm, no air con just fan so it meant an absolutely boiling dirty room

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Wales

It was a really nice hostel and it was definetly worth for the money. The only thing which was really annoying is that the door to the hostel is locked. I stood twice in front of the door, rang the bell a couple of times until someone opened the door finally. Everything else was good.