Moustache Hostel Reviews

S-25, Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi, India

Great hostel for meeting other travellers & getting first- hand info. Staff are pretty good but MD at reception is really good, he goes above & beyond the call. Nothing is too much trouble, well done! Breakfast is included, good communal area. Bunks are big & comfy with private light, private fan & power points. Female dorm has no air-con. And there was no hot water, it was being fixed. For the price of $12, l expected better. All round a good stay & a nice retreat from the chaos of Delhi.

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel! We're sorry about the hot water situation. The geyser in your bathroom died and it took us a couple of days to fix it. It's back to normal now. Our a/c dorms are separate and you booked the cheaper non-a/c female dorm so your dorm had no a/c - only an air cooler and a fan. Safe travel onwards!

Nice staff and a travel deskl that can help with trip/transportation bookings (highly recommended..spend a few Rs to save some major hassle at the train station). The a/c room was a welcome break from heat; sheets/pillow provided, though cleanliness of room and bathroom was just average...probably above average for India though. Washing machine use on site for Rs200, included breakfast is just toast and bananas with tea/coffee. Met awesome travelers here - they were the best part of my visit!

A great hostel with a very open atmosphere. The hostel staff at the front desk is very helpful and always ready to have a talk. Also the night guard is very kind and patient. The facilities are comfy. It's close to a convenient market and a short walk through a secure neighbourhood to the metro station. The taxi they can organise for you is always on time. We stayed in the upstairs double room and then switched to a mixed dorm, both were really good.Thanks for providing this oasis in crazy Dehli

Friendly and helpful staff. Dirty bathrooms with no hot water! NO AC IN ROOMS!!!!!

Hey Lukasz, thanks for your review! We apologise that the cleanliness of the hostel wasn't up to your satisfaction. We will try to do a better job with that. There was no a/c in your room because you booked a non-a/c room. A/c rooms (the 'deluxe' dorms) are indeed available at the hostel. Hot water is available too if you switch on the hot water geyser which we don't leave switched on all day because it's summer here (which explains the need for a/cs). Safe travels!

Nice place in a nice location, calmer than the rest of the city. The staff is very supportive with answering all your questions and providing maps, emails and tips to what do to in delhi. People are very friendly. The hostel provides a nice atmosphere to relax and survive in Delhi.

• 5th Sep 2014

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel! Raj the security guard / chai master has the most contagious smile and is always willing to help. The facilities are good (bed / storage / Internet). Will definitely stay here again!

Best place ever! It just fells like home! The staf is really nice, especially Anwy who always makes sure everyone is good and doesn't feel alone. As someone wrote it on the wall of the hostel, this place keeps us comming back!

• 1st Sep 2014

I loved my stay here. The staff are amazing!

Good hostel and very well looked after. Its just a shame that the travel company is based inside the hostel and the hostel doesn't help with train tickets.

Hey, we're glad you enjoyed your stay here! India has the world's largest train network and its most complicated one too with different trains (slow, fast, express), different classes in each train, and different booking quotas (incl. the tourist quota) not to mention all the different places you can go to from Delhi. If we did train bookings, we won't be able to run a hostel. This is why we have a travel desk on site to help you with your travel needs. Hope you understand. Safe travels!

All the Staff are ready and more than able to help with any Problem that may arise for you.Over the three months I was here, I saw regular maintenance checks, to make sure everything worked. Which I have never seen before, as normally you have to tell someone that the socket or hot water is not working. It is just nice to be in India and get a level of security with a safe environment from the madness of Delhi. I will end with a, “Well done to the staff of the Moustache Hostel” Keep it up.

The staff here are really amazing. Anwi was in charge of guest relations when I was there and when I was getting a tattoo she came along to watch and ended getting one too!

Amazing atmosphere, big comfy common room and welcoming staff.

This is an excellent place to stay if your travelling through Delhi or staying a while. The staff (including an on site relationship manager) couldn't be more helpful, whatever you need, be it clean sheets or the suggestion of a good bar. There is the addition of a generous breakfast, filtered water on tap within the price and for onward travel a super helpful on site travel agent. Those who complain about this hostel need to book a 5* hotel as it has a great offer and friendly atmosphere.

• 14th Aug 2014

Awesome place ! Amazing Staff ! Activities and social area improved a lot after Anwiksha, who is also always lovely and helpful !!!! Congrats Moustache !

• 13th Aug 2014

Great hostel and an amazing place to meet wonderful people from around the world. They have free WiFi, free breakfast, iMacs to use, free maps, taxi arrangements, and ticket/tour arrangements. The hostel staff were very helpful with everything that a traveler to a city like Delhi needs. Tabrez, MD, and Anwishka were there to help you all day and night. The hostel is working on many improvements daily and it's turning into a super cool hostel. I'll come back here soon.

Anwiksha, the new Guest Relations Manager of Moustache Hostel has become the HEART of the place. Because of her, my stay there were amazing, and I think the Hostel will be much better with her ideas and work. All the guests could realize the difference since she arrived, which happened in the middle of our stay. World is all about people, afterall !!

It is far from New Delhi but you get to see another side of Delhi so it is cool. Also you're right next to the Lotus Temple! I met a ton of single travelers here and the roof is a nice place to chill at night. Great place!

Good for the price. Can meet lots of new travellers.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! My own credit cart didn't work on an indian bus website, so they payed out of their own pocket, and I payed them after in cash. Helped me with phone calls in India and directions to places. Overall the friendliest staff ever. The hostel was also very clean, which in New Delhi is quite rare - it was really European standards in an Indian location. Breakfast is great, and they have security guards hired. I will recommend them to anybody going to New Delhi.

Great place for meeting other travellers. Good location to escape the madness but still accessible to attractions. Definitely recommend...though book ahead as gets full!

• 30th Jul 2014