Mr.Jack Guesthouse Reviews

248-58 Sahasriphumplace Maninopparat Rd. T.Sriphum, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Smells like mold, at least it's always wet. Owner is friendly but doesn't seem very competent. Cute kitten. Better places for your same or less money

Booked for five nights. Left after 1. Communal area is two dirty mattresses on the floor. Beds are old and uncomfortable. Atmosphere is not good. Nobody wanted to be here. Aircon didnt work just made a noise. So window had to be opened. Noisy due to busy road. Was bitten by fleas all night, and mosquitos. Terrible stay. Lady owner was nice and felt bad that her hostel was so rubbish. The building was designed as a industrial/commercial unit. No character, no charm. Avoid like the plague.

Mr. Jack is an awesome hostel! The young lady who runs the front and owns the hostel is really nice and super cool. The second I walked in to check in she provided me a map and great details for Chiang Mai. The dorm room was clean and the bunk beds were comfy enough. The shower was warm with ok pressure. Toilet room not bad, could use an minor upgrade. Great place to meet people. All in all great place to stay. Highly recommend!

Enjoyed my stay here - it is a nice guesthouse located just outside the Old City's north gate. I'll start by saying that I would reccommend it, and I would also happily stay there again. However, it could be made so much better though with just a couple of improvements. It is only a new place but doesn't feel it. It is cleaned daily, but not thoroughly enough and doesn't always feel clean. With only one receptionist it also feels understaffed at times in the main reception.

Not much hot water available for showers, located very close to Thai night food stalls, upper bunks can be a challenge for us older travellers . Manager very friendly and helpful. Mr. Jack is a cat so beware if allergic.

The owner, Wen, is awesome! She speaks good English and is incredibly helpful. The hostel is near a great breakfast joint (three pigs) fantastic massage (mojito gardens) and a quick tuktuk ride to the markets! Thank you for the clean bed, hot shower and experience!

First of all, the smell was really bad....

The interior looks a bit worn down for a relatively new joint. Otherwise, the AC works great and the staff is wonderful. It would be nice if they made the beds instead of handing you the linen. There's no chance of bed bugs as they keep the plastic on the mattresses. Honestly, the whole place just looks like it needs another scrub down top to bottom. But for the price, I guess it's fine.

I had a great stay. I can recommend. The girl owning the hostels is so nice. I had not really got out of my taxi, then she asked me, if I wanted to go for lunch with her and other travelers from the hostel. She also arranged a trip to the lantern festival, so all the travelers could go together.. So nice. The dorm are with air condition, and actually I got a little cold.. It was very cold at night. So the only minus. It is a nice place to meet other backpackers.

New guesthouse, nice staff and comfortable environment! The staff provides me many information about Chiang Mai. I enjoy the time in Chiang Mai because of this guesthouse.