Mr. Panda Hostel Reviews

107# Zhengfu Jie, Qingyang District, Chengdu, China

I'm not really happy with my stay in Mr. Panda's hostel. The main reason that it was not clean. Room full of dust, toilets and shower dirty and the ktichen was discusting. The staff was friendly but not very helpfull by booking any trips. The location was good, nearby a street with a lot of shops, the beautiful Wenshu monastery and subway.

Staff members useless. We booked for three nights, arrived and were told that only two nights were available. No explanation was given, simply a "sorry, that's how it is". The night staff member was extra useless. Booked at another hostel for the third night, then upon check out we were asked if we wanted to stay for the third night at Mr Panda... Very disappointed.

Really good place the rooms are clean all the time. The staff is really helpful and nice There is wi fi, The hostel location is one of the best it's near wanshu monastery and wanshu metro station so you can reach everywhere in Chengdu easily and suffer from the city center noise.

We were kind of disappointed in this hostel. Staff was available but only tried to sell tours, not actually helpful if you want to set out on your own. The kitchen is an absolute disgrace. It's incredibly dirty, shocking they dare putting a kitchen in the list of facilities. All locks of the lockers were broken and our room had a huge mold and was very humid. Prepare for mosquitoes!

Our flight was delayed so only got there at 3am and they still let us in. So great staff! Just the description of how to get there was very confusing. Otherwise great location and room was ok.

Good and budget hostel to spend a couple of night

Awesome hostel! Cheap comfortable dorms, nice facilities even though the laundry is expensive. Most of the staff could speak English and helped us with everything, even if we didn't book a tour with us and wanted to visit by ourselves. Very helpful, I would recommand and go there again anytime!

Great cheap welcoming and relaxing hostel. A must in Chengdu.

Mr. Panda is a great hostel. English speaking staff and very very clean. Weastern toilets and hot shower. The location was absolutely amazing considering down town distanve and bus stops for the main attractions what I have to say is that they advertise free breakfast and they don't provide the service but they have a bar and you can purchase it there or cook it yourself in its fully equiped kitchen. The staff was super friendly and willing to help with my enquiriea.

The bed in the 4-bed dorm was comfy but the layers of dust in the room were thick - I mean THICK. I didn't see any security cameras. The staff at reception were nice and the atmosphere was good.

I didn't ask advice from the staff neither did i eat over there so i cant judge those points but for all the other things this hostel is very good, clean, easy to find, easy to travel from it, near all you are going to need, the price is very Nice.

Perfect location with perfect people! Drinks are a bit too expensive

the hostel is not bad, bed is comfortable, bathroom is usually clean. the showers are not very good, a few thing broke in every shower room. The biggest downside is the staff, if you ask anything, they act as they are doing you the biggest favor in the world

Hostel very good, not so expensive. I recommend not to follow information from the staff however the atmosphere inside the hostel is perfect. I recommend.

The staff were most friendly and helpful! We fumbled our booking dates so when we arrived there was no longer dorm space but we got upgraded to private room for dorm prices. The hostel is very comfy and good location.

The place has great atmosphere and is located at a main location!

Great price, cozy. The mattresses were so comfy! But the internet was absolutely terrible, even in the lobby. Their "weekly" events have no set time or schedule when I asked, so I feel like I missed out on some of the things they said they offered. Despite the low room prices, their panda tour, Sichuan Opera tickets, and other inner-city tour packages were a lot higher than other hostels in the area. Otherwise staff was nice and they all spoke English. Right next to a subway stop!

אחלה צוות! אחלה מיקום קרוב למטרו ולמרכז עם הרבה סופרמרקטים ולבתי קפה! מומלץ!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Israel

First class hostel, perfect location and cheap accommodations. Chris, at the front desk, was just great. Helpful, kind and very fun to talk to.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel; the atmosphere was very friendly and chill. The staff are nice and helpful and the location is ideal. The bathrooms are clean and showers hot. Overall, great stay and I would definitely return.