Mr. Panda Hostel Reviews

107# Zhengfu Jie, Qingyang District, Chengdu, China

I loved the location, so convenient. I will definitely stay there again. The staff, especially Wang Pan Pan and Tian Wen Jing were just great! They were helpful, kind, and even helped me practice my Chinese. Of course their English was fluent and that really helps people like me. It is people like them who make staying at Mr. Panda a wonderful experience. Thank you so much!

• 21st Mar 2014

Definitley the best hostel I have stayed in China! Mr Panda sorted out all of my travelling plans for the next couple of weeks in China. The staff were very helpful in everything that I wanted. Facilities great and security top notch. Would recommend to anyone going to Chengdu. Thank you for everything Mr Panda!

• 4th Mar 2014
  • LVC_28
  • Scotland

Probably one of the best place on earth!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Mr. Panda's staff speak excellent English so it's very easy to communicate and they were always very helpful. The hostel was in a great location for getting around. The panda tour was great and I recommend it. Mr. Panda's owner was also very generous, inviting me to share a local Sichuan dinner and he helped me to arrange transport to the airport.

Staff were very helpful and made sure we had a good time. Take the hostel's tour to see the pandas—you must get going early (like 7 a.m.) or you'll see no pandas, and the hostel's tour (man in a van) will get you there to see 'em. Wifi signal could be stronger (like most hostels). I trust Mr. Panda for my Chengdu travels. :D

Nice stay in this hostel! For 100 yuan, we got a twin bedroom with big bathroom, very good value for money. We took part in the sichuan opera tour they organize and the staff told us that it was absolutely impossible to find a cheaper ticket by ourselves (they asked for 150 yuan). But the people setting next to us in the theater told us they only paid 80 for theirs... But the opera was a nice experience anyway :)

My dear friend Justin ,at first thank you for your high comment to my hostel , but your other point it's really not fair to us ! In Chengdu , every hostel the price for opera , it's around 150.yuan /p.p , also there is a car for transportation for double way .80.yuan/p.p , the price is really for the group or get it from the friend who works in the theater. If you get the price 80.yuan /p.p from theater , we give you all money back :150.yuan/p.p .

Mr.Panda is one of the best hostel i have ever been to,their lobbby is warm, cozy, and homelike,which is the tea of bohemian young traveller who have travelled a long and exhausted trip in west part of China,one would find it's a hedonistic paradise. Hot water and strong warm A/C in winter sweep away all your tiredness,A DVD movie with a beer in the lobby makes full relaxed,i would be back in next time to Chengdu definitely!

Hi man , thank you for your good comments and good rating ! Next time , we hope you still stay here , we drink beer without your bill . Cheers Mr.Panda 2014.2.8

Hi: I have been in many hostels, but this is one of the best. The staff was very friendly and help us to get some airplane tickets in emergency. Thank you very much Mr. Panda for such memorable stay!!!. Your friends from Mexico.

Hi , my Mexico friend : Thank you so much for your good review ! You know you are a great couple also ! We missed you . We never forget we have a great time in our hostel , when you have next holidays , we hope you still stay with us ! Cheers Mr.Panda 2014.2.8

Met great people here from all over. Great atmosphere and plenty of of people to chat with.

Wow..., god , come one ! Met great people here ? Because you are great people also , all people are great here ! Yeah , great atmosphere . Thank you for your staying with us , we had a great time together , MISSED you buddy !!! Cheers Mr.Panda 2014,2,8

This is an excellent hostel and one of the best I have ever stayed in. It is definitely the best hostel I have been to in China. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The atmosphere within the hostel is very sociable and a nice place to relax. However there is one small issue with this hostel the rooms are not cleaned everyday. I notice that the bin in the room was not emptied and the floor not cleaned everyday. Other than this it is a fantastic hostel and MR Panda is a legend.

Hi Man : Thank you for your good comments . You know I like " This is a fantastic hostel " Also I like so much " Mr.Panda is a legend " . God , I got moved ,Man ! About the room and bin were not clean everyday , This is a important reason : You didn't tell us first ! You know you check in at Mr.Panda hostel , That means : Your room is your private space , we never get in your room without your permission , never !

I really enjoyed staying at Mr. Panda Hostel. The Staff is very friendly and can speak some english. The rooms are standard Chinese Hostel rooms. I recommend staying in the family 4-bedrooms if you travel in a group. The hostel organizes trips to Leshan, Jiuzhaigou, Panda Reservate and Tibet. The Tibet-tour has a very good value for money and I can absolutely recommend it. We stayed in winter; like everywhere in China it is cold. AC in the room is good but shower for the dorms doesn't have AC

Hi man , Thank you ! Tibet trip , it's wonderful trip . But this year , we have a new option : Sichuan West Tibet House Home Stay , it's really beautiful , also don't need any permit . Some people did it and said it's amazing , so if you have time , i recommend it to you . It's : Chengdu--Kangding--Tagong--Bamei--Danba--Chengdu !

The room was fine andthe staff generally nice, the dumpling making was short but they were delicious! It was close to the main square. We booked this hostel though only because it said on Hostelworld that they accept credit cards but when we got there they said it was 'broken' at the moment, though u could tell it hadn't been used in years. It's fine if they don't want to accept cc but they should change that in HW so people don't expect differently.

Oh , really sorry about that ! The pos was really broken , we have to wait for around 2 weeks , then pos will be fine , that time you are still in Chengdu ? I hope you get here test it , but no worry , when you get here test , your room rate is free !!! Cheers Mr.Panda 2013.12.30

Good rooms, good food, good service! A really nice place to stay and the staff looked after us well. Forgot to collect our deposit when we left but mr panda has kindly agrred to keep it for us on our return - very helpful, look forward to staying again!

Thank you, But not only good room ,food,service,staff.... It's the most important we have a great location . Metro 1 line , Wenshu Monastery station , at exit E and left , Zhengfu jie 107# . Mr.Panda 2013.12.30

Great little hostel, good tours offered, good location in the city.

Thank you buddy ! What about your rest journey ? That's fine ? I met a few people to stay at Mr.Panda Hostel , They said you recommended us to them , so they stayed here ! And they were very happy here . Thanks a lot again , Man ! Cheers Mr.Panda 2013.12.30

We actually changed our hostel to Mr Panda hostel due to the location of the other hostel in Chengdu that we stayed at. The staff were very friendly, very helpful without being too overbearing which is exactly what you want. The room was clean with a really good soft mattress, hot water and towels provided as well. We would seek out Mr Panda hostel and stay here again if we ever get to go back to Chengdu. Thank you very much for making our stay enjoyable.

• 13th Nov 2013

Yeah , Yeah , Man , So many people change the other hostel to my hostel . Our hostel looks more relaxation . And there are many food nearby my hostel . You know the metro 1 line Exit E of Wen Shu Monastery Station is beside my hostel . So it's a good location .

A very cool hostel held by nice and helpful people. Very easy to find ,great tours organized (I advice travelers to do the panda center tour).

Hi Buddy : Thank you so much for your great comments ! Here I want to tell you , not only we have excellent panda tour and budget Tibet tour , but also we have new route : Sichuan West Tibetan Home Stay strip . Also some friends did it and made sure : It's really amazing , when you / your friend back to Chengdu next time , you could do it as well !

Excellent location, metro close by, no complaints, Staff very helpful, wi fi signal very weak??

Hi, haha.... I am not happy your rating 80% only , it should be around 90% , that's even better ! Of cause , i have to say : thanks a lot for your 80% , It's already good ! Not only you , It's me also , I hate this fucking weak wifi ..... But now it's better , I did asked someone to get here for repairing the damn wifi ! Faster ...

Improve your wifi please! Your staff made the place much better! Also, please clean up the mold in the rooms. Thanks.

Oh , my god ! Which one room did you stay ? Mold , come one , it really fucked me ! I will repair it sooner ! Thank you for your good advice , even you found fucking mold on the wall and still gave us a good rating 89% . Thank you thank you ...

Nice hostel and good location. The double room was quiet and clean. Staff helpfull even if you are visiting by yourself without booking the hostel tour.

Hi, Thank you so much for your comments . Yeah we have a good location and nice staff . We just want to give you a good/cheap place to stay ! And hostel tour , we just tried to give you more info. If you need it , we still do it as well ! And now we have new route : Sichuan West Tibetan Home Stay Trip , It's wonderful !

Absolutely a great hostel, very friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere and loads of facilities. We give Mr. Panda hostel and staff a well deserved 100%.

Hi man , What about your rest journey ? What about Lijiang Town ? Everythis got fine ? So if you need help , Please give us e-mail or telephone to me : Mr.Panda 18623377596 .