Mr. Panda Hostel Reviews

107# Zhengfu Jie, Qingyang District, Chengdu, China

The staff were most friendly and helpful! We fumbled our booking dates so when we arrived there was no longer dorm space but we got upgraded to private room for dorm prices. The hostel is very comfy and good location.

The place has great atmosphere and is located at a main location!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Israel

Great price, cozy. The mattresses were so comfy! But the internet was absolutely terrible, even in the lobby. Their "weekly" events have no set time or schedule when I asked, so I feel like I missed out on some of the things they said they offered. Despite the low room prices, their panda tour, Sichuan Opera tickets, and other inner-city tour packages were a lot higher than other hostels in the area. Otherwise staff was nice and they all spoke English. Right next to a subway stop!

אחלה צוות! אחלה מיקום קרוב למטרו ולמרכז עם הרבה סופרמרקטים ולבתי קפה! מומלץ!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Israel

First class hostel, perfect location and cheap accommodations. Chris, at the front desk, was just great. Helpful, kind and very fun to talk to.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel; the atmosphere was very friendly and chill. The staff are nice and helpful and the location is ideal. The bathrooms are clean and showers hot. Overall, great stay and I would definitely return.

nice hostel, decent and helpful staff that are English speaking, good location, walking distance from train station or just 2 stops on subway. Loads of games in hostel and a really good atmosphere. cant fault it here would stay again.

It's very good for the price, and all the staffs are so kind to help me. I like it, thank u, Mr. Panda.

Very nice place! The best hostel I have been in China so far. Friendly and cute girls on reception and great atmosphere.

• 12th May 2015

No wifi in second floor and rooms no restaurant no bar - we choose this hostel as it said online it had all 3 and it didn't. Rooms covered in mold which has hard to breathe, bathrooms disgusting and mold again. The staff were helpful and good location but not going back

verrry gooooooood....I like it

Definitely not worth its reputation or your money having similarly priced hostels around with better facilities and atmosphere. I booked a single ensuite room to find the walls full of stains, the bathroom slidedoor broken, one of the bathroom shelves bent down and lo and behold. Definitely not going back to this place.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Nice hostel close to the subway, friendly staff, plenty of toilets and showers for guests. Only downfalls are hostel has full food menu however when wanting to order food they don't seem to have anything available. Also there is game (not sure what it is called) right outside the room doors which can get annoying when there are noisy kids playing on it when your trying to sleep.

Mr. Panda is located in a great spot in Chengdu. Their map was very helpful and I relied on it for most of my trip. What I liked the most were their directions on how to go to big tourists spots using public transportation. This really helped me cut down on costs and I liked not having to be on a tour to see these locations.

• 6th Apr 2015

We stayed here for 4 nights for the april long weekend, there was 6 of us (couples) in 3 rooms. We were greeted after midnight by a nice male worker who quickly and efficiently processed our order and gave us the keys to our room. Room was very basic and could do with a makeover but it had everything we needed- shower, towels, kettle, clean bedding. Location was good. Staff could have been more helpful giving us information about getting to Leshan.

Mr. Panda Hostel staff are very friendly and flexible. They went out of their way to help me when I had an issue with check-in. I booked a private, two-bed room which gave me all the privacy I needed. You can often meet young people downstairs in the lobby playing shuffleboard (?) and chatting in the evenings.

• 28th Mar 2015

Rooms did not have a really nice atmosphere with a very small high window and were not properly vacuumed. The location was perfect, but the atmosphere of the hostel just wasn't nice (we stayed in low season so that could be the reason). The shower however was the best we had in China!

It was a great Hostel, with excelent ubication. The showers are also very good. I travelled with a friend in January and we had some trouble in making the acomodation reservation in other cities because we were near spring festival. Mr Panda helped us in order to resolve the problem. (with no charge)., THANKS MR PANDA!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4th Feb 2015