Mr. Rome Reviews

Via Umberto Biancamano 23, Rome, Italy

The staff at Mr. Rome go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable!

Everything was excellent!! 100%

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

I was pleased with this hostel, because it's cozy and has a good atmosphere. Sort of like a B&B/ hostel. The location is ok, not too far from the colosseum, but a bit far from the actual city center. The hostel is well organized and clean, but I thought there weren't enough bathrooms. The breakfast is ok, but very basic, you do get a nice cappuccino every morning though.

A small and cozy hostel, not far from attractions, generally well kept. Marius is very good at creating a friendly atmosphere, though this is not a party hostel.

We had a fantastic stay at Mr. Rome! The staff were all very friendly as were the other travelers. Shout out to Marius and Kumar! The neighbourhood felt safe and secure, unlike the area around the Termini. Only thing was the hostel could have had more bathroom facilities, and one of the toilets didn't have a lid when we there so that when you flushed, water from the cistern would rain down... This was fixed when we left though.

Mr. Rome is actually more like a hotel than a hostel. The room is big. The bathroom is spacious! The breakfast is decent even there is a very kind lady serving you! Walking distance to the Colosseum and the underground. I recommend it!

Thank you for the welcoming stay and all insider tips about what to do in Rome during our weekend there as well as the delicious food and wine! Hope to see you soon again.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Lovely, clean, bright hostel. Marius and the people I met in the hostel really made my stay in Rome and they were so generous with coffee, pastries in the morning, and even wine! Less than a five minute walk to the subway station that will take you to any of the main sights within 10 mins.

The hostel has great breakfast,and the owner is very friendly and helpful. But the comment area is little small,but its still a good hostel.

Staff was really great, friendly and nice! And Marius was really better that google maps. Amazing italian buns for breakfast made my days! :) Next time would like to stay again in this hostel!

Marius was the best host, all of you were more than helpful! Thanks a million

I really enjoyed my time at Mr. Rome. The staff puts in a great effort to make you comfortable and advice you on what to do in Rome. The place is a bit cramped with only 2 bathrooms for maybe 25 people so keep that in mind. There are no lockers for your bags but I never felt unsafe. If you're looking for a hostel that's cozy and you meet people but not a crazy party atmosphere then this is the perfect choice.

It's the place to be in Rome. Amazing hostel! You definitely will feel like being in your house with your family. At night Marius serves wine and makes a great job introducing everyone. Location? Just 10 minutes walking from the coliseum...

Mr. Rome was the best hostel I've stayed at yet! The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the staff was even better. Marius and June made our stay unforgettable. They provided us with delicious food and great times. It was such an amazing place that my friends and I didn't want to leave Rome just so we could spend more time at the hostel!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Mr. Rome made my trip to Rome. Marius and June could not have been more accommodating. If you stay here, I highly recommend hanging out in the kitchen with other travelers and Marius if he is there. Both nights I stayed there we did this and had incredible conversations with each other until late into the night. Rooms are a decent size and clean, same with the bathroom. One thing I will say is that from the outside it just appears like a flat, so we were confused at first. Thanks for everything!

• 23rd Oct 2014

BEST HOSTEL EVER. But you need to be careful because I looooove it sooooo much that today I stay there a little bit too long so I miss my flight and THAT'S TRUE. Marius, it's always your fault!

Good budget choice in Rome. Not in a touristy neighbourhood, so yes you'll trek a bit to see the sights, but also enjoy a part of 'real' Rome. WIFI, hot water (a line for the shower in the mornings, tho), social atmosphere. Mr. Rome is fun, but a very intense personality, the Mamma there is an absolute sweetheart who makes killer cappuccini at breakfast. Don't come here if you want a 'design' hostel; it's down-to-earth like your aunt's place. Would recommend for the bare-budget travellers.

Location is good and I loved the atmosphere at the kitchen. All the staff was very friendly. Sometimes there was a line to use the bathrooms.

The staff was super friendly and made you feel so comfortable!! The lady in the morning was such a sweet heart and gave the guests pastries and made them cappuccinos! Overall, it was definitely worth staying there! Literally a 5min walk from the metro and a 10min walk from the Colosseum!

• 10th Oct 2014

It's the best hostel that I have ever stayed in Rome. Really kind stuff, clean bathrooms and good location are met at this place.