Mr. Rome Reviews

Via Umberto Biancamano 23, Rome, Italy

I stayed 3nights and and i have to say this.... "IF YOU DON'T HAVE CASH YOU WILL BE TREATED POORLY " On the last night of my staying, they asked me to pay before i check out next day. I brought my card Because i saw they accepted cards! However, they kept insisitng that i should pay in cash and i didn't have any. They eventually told me i could pay in card next morning around 9 when banks are open. What happened next morning was they sent non-English speaker and cursed me until i paid in cash

• 12th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Marius is an exceptional host and makes everyone staying at Mr. Rome feel welcome. The hostel is relatively quiet and every morning baked goods and cappuccino are available. The accommodation was clean and since there are not large dorms, it has a b&b feel. It is located in a safe neighbourhood near San Giovanni Metro in walking distance to Colosseum.

Super nice staff who have helped me a lot when I lost my stuffs (though in the end I couldnt find them back), really wanted to join the party at hostel, it should be really great. Lovely and clean place, comfortable mattress:)

A very relaxed hostel where young people share their thoughts.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • China

The staff at Mr. Rome go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable!

Everything was excellent!! 100%

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

I was pleased with this hostel, because it's cozy and has a good atmosphere. Sort of like a B&B/ hostel. The location is ok, not too far from the colosseum, but a bit far from the actual city center. The hostel is well organized and clean, but I thought there weren't enough bathrooms. The breakfast is ok, but very basic, you do get a nice cappuccino every morning though.

A small and cozy hostel, not far from attractions, generally well kept. Marius is very good at creating a friendly atmosphere, though this is not a party hostel.

We had a fantastic stay at Mr. Rome! The staff were all very friendly as were the other travelers. Shout out to Marius and Kumar! The neighbourhood felt safe and secure, unlike the area around the Termini. Only thing was the hostel could have had more bathroom facilities, and one of the toilets didn't have a lid when we there so that when you flushed, water from the cistern would rain down... This was fixed when we left though.

Mr. Rome is actually more like a hotel than a hostel. The room is big. The bathroom is spacious! The breakfast is decent even there is a very kind lady serving you! Walking distance to the Colosseum and the underground. I recommend it!

Thank you for the welcoming stay and all insider tips about what to do in Rome during our weekend there as well as the delicious food and wine! Hope to see you soon again.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Lovely, clean, bright hostel. Marius and the people I met in the hostel really made my stay in Rome and they were so generous with coffee, pastries in the morning, and even wine! Less than a five minute walk to the subway station that will take you to any of the main sights within 10 mins.

The hostel has great breakfast,and the owner is very friendly and helpful. But the comment area is little small,but its still a good hostel.

Staff was really great, friendly and nice! And Marius was really better that google maps. Amazing italian buns for breakfast made my days! :) Next time would like to stay again in this hostel!

Marius was the best host, all of you were more than helpful! Thanks a million

I really enjoyed my time at Mr. Rome. The staff puts in a great effort to make you comfortable and advice you on what to do in Rome. The place is a bit cramped with only 2 bathrooms for maybe 25 people so keep that in mind. There are no lockers for your bags but I never felt unsafe. If you're looking for a hostel that's cozy and you meet people but not a crazy party atmosphere then this is the perfect choice.

It's the place to be in Rome. Amazing hostel! You definitely will feel like being in your house with your family. At night Marius serves wine and makes a great job introducing everyone. Location? Just 10 minutes walking from the coliseum...

Mr. Rome was the best hostel I've stayed at yet! The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the staff was even better. Marius and June made our stay unforgettable. They provided us with delicious food and great times. It was such an amazing place that my friends and I didn't want to leave Rome just so we could spend more time at the hostel!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Mr. Rome made my trip to Rome. Marius and June could not have been more accommodating. If you stay here, I highly recommend hanging out in the kitchen with other travelers and Marius if he is there. Both nights I stayed there we did this and had incredible conversations with each other until late into the night. Rooms are a decent size and clean, same with the bathroom. One thing I will say is that from the outside it just appears like a flat, so we were confused at first. Thanks for everything!

• 23rd Oct 2014

BEST HOSTEL EVER. But you need to be careful because I looooove it sooooo much that today I stay there a little bit too long so I miss my flight and THAT'S TRUE. Marius, it's always your fault!