Mr. Rome Reviews

Via Umberto Biancamano 23, Rome, Italy

A nice hostel, close to the Lateran Palace. The staff is laid back, focused on making your stay as good as possible. The hostel also has very good air conditioning.

We had a bit of trouble finding the hostel, but once we were there it all turned out to be fine. Te staff was very helpful, though we didn't see them that much. She gave us some great ideas on what to visit and where to get the tickets without having to wait 2 hours in line. Our room was okay, though very hot! Breakfast was a bit dissapointing.

Good stay but they overbooked and moved us on the last day to another hostel which was tiring but the other place was actually nicer so it worked out.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We were given sightseeing advice and dining recommendations that definitely made our time in Rome even more enjoyable. The hostel was lovely and very clean.

• 28th Jun 2015

The staff is extremely cool! Very centric and close to all main attractions, would stay there again

We thought that the hostle was close enough to the coliseum and restaurants with a lovely atmosphere and nice people.

Very reasonable price, good atmosphere, and clean rooms. There's no lockers but I didn't worried about it cause all the roommates and staffs were really good and cool. But it's not in the center of Rome, you need to take a bus or cap if you want to hanging around till night cause metro runs till 10:30pm or around.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff was very friendly, and I definitely enjoyed the cappuccinos and croissants every morning! The toilets and showers weren't all functioning quite properly during my stay, but I was able to look past that, since the rooms were seemingly clean. I would love to stay here again, as long as I travel lighter (the hostel is on the 3rd floor, and there are no elevators - thank you to the employee who carried my very heavy suitcase up the stairs!)

• 11th Jun 2015

Staffs there are really nice and welcoming. Dominic helped me a lot with everything. Overall, i had a good time in Mr.Rome

• 29th May 2015
  • China

We were greeted by non-English speaking staff and provided with no introduction about hostel rules, where to find things, breakfast etc. When wifi stopped working (for entire stay) no explanation or assistance finding wifi nearby was given. Bathrooms needed cleaning more regularly and there were no lockers for security. Location is quite good, on the edge but walkable to colosseum and other attractions. Overall I think we got unlucky as staff seemed different to past reviews.

Yes, it really made this travel to Rome something to remember. The owner is a nice guy. Great place to stay.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Mr. Rome has been the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Marios was so helpful and really fun to talk to! He truly allowed us to enjoy ourselves! The hostel is so nice and incredibly comfortable! I highly recommend Mr. Rome for anyone with plans to vist Rome!

That's a excellent place! Clean and tidy, it near to the underground station and very convenient. We love here!

I'd like to leave a better review, but ultimately I ended up covered in bed beg bites (now huge red itchy welts, no fun at all) so I can't recommend staying at Mr. Rome. I left a day early and wish I'd left sooner. Also, if you're in the room next to common area, it is very noisy if other guests are drinking in the kitchen. I had a couple of very loud nights without much sleep and a couple of quiet ones so it depends on who else is staying (as in most hostels I guess.)

• 14th Mar 2015

The best hostel!!:)

Excellent place were to stay in! Mr Rome definitely is nice, agreeable and "homely". The staff was very attentive and cared about our enjoyment and needs. Although it is not at the heart of the city centre, it is well located and you've got the metro/bus stops, 3 blocks from there. Good atmosphere too! I recommend your stay in Mr. Rome!

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at Mr. Rome. June is super friendly and will go out of his way to make sure you're having a good time, location is 10 minutes walk from the metro and well-connected to bus routes, and the atmosphere is very homely and friendly. Great cooking facilities and a lovely sitting area where you can chat with other travelers and have coffee. I would definitely stay here again.10/10!

Very nice hostel. The staff is extremely kind and the atmosphere is very friendly. The place is cozy and comfortable, well located close to city centre and a metro station. Cons: There's no lift and it is not possible to pay with credit card amounts under €50

The bathrooms could have been cleaner, that's why on cleanliness we picked average. The breakfast was great, but it would be a good idea to include also something salty (too much sugar for the morning hahaha). Something that we wanted to exist is lockers in the room, so that we would feel more safe about our stuff. But in general, everything was fine and we liked you Marius from the very first moment! Elina and Dimitris, a.k.a the Greeks :D

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Greece

Greta place! close to the sights, extremely helpful and friendly staff (they treat you like family). This is more like a b