Mr. Rome Reviews

Via Umberto Biancamano 23, Rome, Italy

Value for money. The kitchen was broken but everything very clean. There is a microwave. The dorms are very clean. The staff very helpful. The front door was always open but we think that's not a hostel problem because the guest always leave it open. No common area. Great location near the bus station, tram and metro! If we came back to Rome we certainly go to mr Rome.

Great place, great staff, very clean, located in the very center, air condition in every room (was very handy in winter as well), i recommend to have your own locks as the staff is not at the reception 24/7, the only issue was that the hot water runs sometimes more, sometimes less, hope they will fix it soon! Thanks and I`ll come back for sure.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Russia

Excellent service. They Made of Rome a confortable place.

The hostel is located at a good place, 5 minutes away from the Manzoni metro station. The reception girl was friendly and she provided me with a city map and some useful information about the buses and the city. There were some gas problems, so the heating was off. It was the 26th of November so it was freezing. My blanket was very thin, so I had to cover myself with my jacket too, but it was still freezing. They was no kettler, so I couldnt make a tea. No lockers or a place to hang my jacket.

Pros: - Good location, close to metro - Friendly receptionist, Daniela, who provided detail map and information about the city. Also recommended a great restaurant for dinner called "Rugantio" which had affordable cuisine and friendly staff. Cons: - Gas we not working for entire stay (3 nights) and for our first night there was also no hot water. - Flat is hard to locate, no sign out the front only small name on the intercom. - No atmosphere. Overall can not recommend staying here.

We got there and there was no gas and they didn't notify us. It was the end of November, all 4 of us were sick, with fever and a sore throat and we had to take a cold shower and could't even make ourselves a cup of tea and they couldn't help us in any way. in the evening they told us we could go to another hostel for free but we were too tired and it was too late to go anywhere so we asked for a refund and they gave us 20 euro from the total amount we paid which is about 30%.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Moldova

wonderful staff at Mr.Rome who were able to help my friends when they were stjxk for accommodation, as well as gave wonderful reccomedations. location is good, just look for the little sign on the intercom. only one sink working right now, but hopefully thags fixed soon. thanks to the staff for a positive experience in Rome!

paid for a 4 bed dorm however had 5 people. noce and clean, great location. very small shower. overall would stay again.

We had an amazing time at mr. Rome hostel! The staff was amazing, so sweet and helpful. They also made us dinner on top of how generous they already were. I would definitely stay at Mr. Rome hostel again, and I would definitely recommend it for anyone going to Rome. The connections made here were very memorable, and will be missed.

• 11th Sep 2015

We had a really lovely stay, room was perfect & the air conditioning was an added bonus. Staff were extremely helpful & friendly & gave us lots of tips & advice on the best way to see the delights of Rome, from sightseeing to restaurants and places to drink. The only slight negative was often having to wait to use the bathroom, particularly frustrating when you want to make the most of your day & get out & about, however, this is due to the guests not the hostel. Would definitely recommend :)