Mr. Rome Reviews

Via Umberto Biancamano 23, Rome, Italy

The staff was super friendly and made you feel so comfortable!! The lady in the morning was such a sweet heart and gave the guests pastries and made them cappuccinos! Overall, it was definitely worth staying there! Literally a 5min walk from the metro and a 10min walk from the Colosseum!

• 10th Oct 2014

It's the best hostel that I have ever stayed in Rome. Really kind stuff, clean bathrooms and good location are met at this place.

Mr. Rome is an excellent small hostel. Marius is a really hilarious guy and very welcoming - the hostel has a very positive atmosphere. The night that I arrived he and the night man June made dinner for all the guests. Great place to stay if you're looking for a small hostel.

A very good knowledgeable host. I enjoyed my stay. 15 min walk to the coliseum, close to transport. Probably needs a locker in the room, but I didn't lose anything.

This is a lovely hostel - I booked into a 4 bed dorm but ended up in a 2 bed room on my own for the same price. The room felt more like a simple hotel room than a hostel room - really clean and with bedding and towels included. The bathroom and shower was excellent and there is a nice communal kitchen where a great breakfast was served (lovely pastries, juice and coffee). The staff were really friendly and helpful and it felt very safe. The hostel is about half an hour walk from Termini station.

• 26th Sep 2014

One word: Excellent.

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It is super clean, beds are comfortable, and Marius and his mom make you feel so welcome.

• 20th Sep 2014

The hostel was easy to find, the staff works 24/7 and helped us to bring our baggage to 4th floor. Hostel is located in nice placw,15-20min to Coloseum. Metro is in 7 min. They offer good breakfast with coffee and fresh croissants. In the evening they like to talk with guests while cooking and drinking wine. They also gave us advise when needed. We left Russian 100 rubble on reception for their money collection :) Thank you for your hospitality, Mr.Rome! Veronika and Petr, St.Petersburg

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Russia

I repeat, a fantastic stay!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Marcus the host was awesome. He stayed up to check me in at midnight. They made a great cappuccino in the morning, and the kitchen was really homey It was quiet at night, which was just what I needed. Only complaint was that I couldn't connect to the internet, but that may have just been a problem with my phone. They let me use their office computer so it all worked out. Thanks Mr Rome!

• 7th Sep 2014

Mr. Rome has to be the best hostel that I've ever stayed in during my travels. There is absolutely no fault that I can think of right from the amazing atmosphere created in the hostel, to our hosts Marius, Jun, and Marius' mother. Marius himself is very knowledgeable about Rome and will tell you exactly how to visit the city. Loved my stay and DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED!

Amazing hostel! Felt like staying at a friend's house.

I had the most wonderful time at Mr. Rome! The staff there are such wonderful people, and helped me so much, especially since I was traveling alone. Mr. Rome himself set up my entire itinerary, and personally made sure that everyone in the hostel enjoyed their stay and bonded! Free wine and snacks brought us all together and put smiles on all our faces! No bunk beds was a huge plus! All in all, this is what a hostel should be! Thanks Mr. Rome :)

• 24th Aug 2014

The staff are fantastic and the service is great. I'd definitely stay again.

Awesome place to stay :-)

• 18th Jul 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at Mr. Rome. I came with 3 other girls, and we were given a huge apartment room with a kitchen, bathroom, and five beds. The facilities were very clean, and the staff was amazing. They went out of their way to make sure we knew our way around, helped us schedule our plans in Rome, and even threw a party for the people staying at the hostel. My stay here exceeded my expectations by far.

• 11th Jul 2014

Yes i had been warned about the stairs, and there is no laundry in the building (there is a dry cleaning-laundry service within 10min walking), but the place is worth it because i don't like noises and crowds. It is very tranquil and peaceful there, and the staffs are awesome. The location is within walking distance to the metro and tram-bus.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

The whole visit was good, but just one remark on the breakfast: it is very dull. There is just cafe, juice (artificial) and pastries. There weren't any options for fresh fruits, fresh vegetables or hard boiled eggs.

Our stay in Mr. Rome was a perfect combination of a hostel and rented appartment experience. Private room for five was spacious, clean, comfortable. (Just a shower could be bigger.) While in a main room there were always other travelers to meet. Staff was excelent, preparing capuccino and breakfast each morning. And Marius, truly Mr. Rome, was amazing. A guide and an entertainer, full of advice and humour. The hostel isnt very cheap but definitely is worth the price.

Great place. Great Staff. Took amazing care of us and went out of their way to make us feel at home.

• 8th May 2014