Mr. Rome Reviews

Via Umberto Biancamano 23, Rome, Italy

We thought that the hostle was close enough to the coliseum and restaurants with a lovely atmosphere and nice people.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very reasonable price, good atmosphere, and clean rooms. There's no lockers but I didn't worried about it cause all the roommates and staffs were really good and cool. But it's not in the center of Rome, you need to take a bus or cap if you want to hanging around till night cause metro runs till 10:30pm or around.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff was very friendly, and I definitely enjoyed the cappuccinos and croissants every morning! The toilets and showers weren't all functioning quite properly during my stay, but I was able to look past that, since the rooms were seemingly clean. I would love to stay here again, as long as I travel lighter (the hostel is on the 3rd floor, and there are no elevators - thank you to the employee who carried my very heavy suitcase up the stairs!)

• 11th Jun 2015

Staffs there are really nice and welcoming. Dominic helped me a lot with everything. Overall, i had a good time in Mr.Rome

• 29th May 2015
  • China

We were greeted by non-English speaking staff and provided with no introduction about hostel rules, where to find things, breakfast etc. When wifi stopped working (for entire stay) no explanation or assistance finding wifi nearby was given. Bathrooms needed cleaning more regularly and there were no lockers for security. Location is quite good, on the edge but walkable to colosseum and other attractions. Overall I think we got unlucky as staff seemed different to past reviews.

Yes, it really made this travel to Rome something to remember. The owner is a nice guy. Great place to stay.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Mr. Rome has been the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Marios was so helpful and really fun to talk to! He truly allowed us to enjoy ourselves! The hostel is so nice and incredibly comfortable! I highly recommend Mr. Rome for anyone with plans to vist Rome!

That's a excellent place! Clean and tidy, it near to the underground station and very convenient. We love here!

I'd like to leave a better review, but ultimately I ended up covered in bed beg bites (now huge red itchy welts, no fun at all) so I can't recommend staying at Mr. Rome. I left a day early and wish I'd left sooner. Also, if you're in the room next to common area, it is very noisy if other guests are drinking in the kitchen. I had a couple of very loud nights without much sleep and a couple of quiet ones so it depends on who else is staying (as in most hostels I guess.)

• 14th Mar 2015

The best hostel!!:)

Excellent place were to stay in! Mr Rome definitely is nice, agreeable and "homely". The staff was very attentive and cared about our enjoyment and needs. Although it is not at the heart of the city centre, it is well located and you've got the metro/bus stops, 3 blocks from there. Good atmosphere too! I recommend your stay in Mr. Rome!

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at Mr. Rome. June is super friendly and will go out of his way to make sure you're having a good time, location is 10 minutes walk from the metro and well-connected to bus routes, and the atmosphere is very homely and friendly. Great cooking facilities and a lovely sitting area where you can chat with other travelers and have coffee. I would definitely stay here again.10/10!

Very nice hostel. The staff is extremely kind and the atmosphere is very friendly. The place is cozy and comfortable, well located close to city centre and a metro station. Cons: There's no lift and it is not possible to pay with credit card amounts under €50

The bathrooms could have been cleaner, that's why on cleanliness we picked average. The breakfast was great, but it would be a good idea to include also something salty (too much sugar for the morning hahaha). Something that we wanted to exist is lockers in the room, so that we would feel more safe about our stuff. But in general, everything was fine and we liked you Marius from the very first moment! Elina and Dimitris, a.k.a the Greeks :D

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Greece

Greta place! close to the sights, extremely helpful and friendly staff (they treat you like family). This is more like a b

Excellent staff and atmosphere, and as Mr. Rome says, you remember moments and not days, and there you have a lot of nice moments to remember! The only thing is tha there are only two bathrooms, which is a little to few.

The kindest staff at any hostel I've ever been to - most definitely chat with everyone who works there! The hostel itself is beautiful and very well maintained. It looked like a hotel but still has the social aspect of a hostel. I would definitely stay again!

When we arrived there wasn't internet. After 2 days we had. The staff is very nice!! But Marius mom needs to learn English! It was very difficult to communicate with her! Gratze per tuto guys!

My boyfriend and I visited Rome for a long weekend and it was perfect for us. Our room was very airy, modern and clean. The breakfast was incredible - endless amount of pastries and lovely fresh coffee. The staff were very helpful and made sure we knew where we were going the whole time. The building itself is beautiful and only a 5 minute from the nearest metro. Overall a very chilled out place to stay where people are very friendly but respect your privacy also. Would 100% go back!

• 6th Feb 2015

This was a great little hostel! The staff were really helpful, the owner Marius was always around to give you suggestions on where to go and what to do and was always trying to organize things among the guests and since there's only a few rooms the atmosphere is good. The location is really good for a hostel in Rome - just a 10 minute walk to the Colosseum and the area was safe. The cappucino's and pastries in the morning were my favourite part :)