Mr. Rome Reviews

Via Umberto Biancamano 23, Rome, Italy

wish I had booked another night here, and in rome. I only had 3 beds in my room, very clean and luxurious bathrooms, helpful staff. communal room is a small kitchen, so it is not a very social hostel, that is the only downside

If Mr Rome was single I'd want him to put a ring on it. Lovely hostel, lovely staff, clean bedrooms, good air conditioning. Breakfast is literally a croissant but it's included in the price and there tasty so no complaints. 10 minute walk to the colosseum. I'd recommend this hostel if stopping in Rome.

We had a wonderful stay at Mr Rome and were made to feel very welcome. We were greeted by Daniela, who was extremely helpful and kind. She let us know, in detail, all of the things we could do with our time, giving us inside hints and tips. She gave us her mobile number if we ever wanted to get in touch about anything. She got us breakfast pastries in the morning for breakfast (€1.40) which were fantastic! 10/15 walk from colosseum, and close to connecting metro station.

A nice hostel, close to the Lateran Palace. The staff is laid back, focused on making your stay as good as possible. The hostel also has very good air conditioning.

Cool guy in the front but we left early and the door had been kept open all night felt a little unsafe. the area at night is a little sketchy and there is no lighting in the street. Only to cash when we were there, I think the card machine was broken.

We had a bit of trouble finding the hostel, but once we were there it all turned out to be fine. Te staff was very helpful, though we didn't see them that much. She gave us some great ideas on what to visit and where to get the tickets without having to wait 2 hours in line. Our room was okay, though very hot! Breakfast was a bit dissapointing.

Good stay but they overbooked and moved us on the last day to another hostel which was tiring but the other place was actually nicer so it worked out.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We were given sightseeing advice and dining recommendations that definitely made our time in Rome even more enjoyable. The hostel was lovely and very clean.

• 28th Jun 2015

The staff is extremely cool! Very centric and close to all main attractions, would stay there again

THEY TRICK THE CONSUMER!! I booked for a 4people room,and they put an extra bed inside of a very small room;there is an xtra tax that must b payd,bt when I booked it said "all taxes includd".They argumented tht they had the right to charge it cz they where not a hostel but a "beadbreakfst"but then breakftst wasnt included.They didnt give us key 2come in,first night i had to sleep somewhere else cz i couldn come in.Didnt respect flexib fee I payd when booking at hw&had2pay&no credcards r acceptd!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

We thought that the hostle was close enough to the coliseum and restaurants with a lovely atmosphere and nice people.

Very reasonable price, good atmosphere, and clean rooms. There's no lockers but I didn't worried about it cause all the roommates and staffs were really good and cool. But it's not in the center of Rome, you need to take a bus or cap if you want to hanging around till night cause metro runs till 10:30pm or around.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff was very friendly, and I definitely enjoyed the cappuccinos and croissants every morning! The toilets and showers weren't all functioning quite properly during my stay, but I was able to look past that, since the rooms were seemingly clean. I would love to stay here again, as long as I travel lighter (the hostel is on the 3rd floor, and there are no elevators - thank you to the employee who carried my very heavy suitcase up the stairs!)

• 11th Jun 2015

Staffs there are really nice and welcoming. Dominic helped me a lot with everything. Overall, i had a good time in Mr.Rome

• 29th May 2015
  • China

We were greeted by non-English speaking staff and provided with no introduction about hostel rules, where to find things, breakfast etc. When wifi stopped working (for entire stay) no explanation or assistance finding wifi nearby was given. Bathrooms needed cleaning more regularly and there were no lockers for security. Location is quite good, on the edge but walkable to colosseum and other attractions. Overall I think we got unlucky as staff seemed different to past reviews.

Yes, it really made this travel to Rome something to remember. The owner is a nice guy. Great place to stay.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Mr. Rome has been the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Marios was so helpful and really fun to talk to! He truly allowed us to enjoy ourselves! The hostel is so nice and incredibly comfortable! I highly recommend Mr. Rome for anyone with plans to vist Rome!

That's a excellent place! Clean and tidy, it near to the underground station and very convenient. We love here!

I'd like to leave a better review, but ultimately I ended up covered in bed beg bites (now huge red itchy welts, no fun at all) so I can't recommend staying at Mr. Rome. I left a day early and wish I'd left sooner. Also, if you're in the room next to common area, it is very noisy if other guests are drinking in the kitchen. I had a couple of very loud nights without much sleep and a couple of quiet ones so it depends on who else is staying (as in most hostels I guess.)

• 14th Mar 2015