Mr Ryokans Ecohouse Reviews

Uus 32, Tallinn, Estonia

I slept on a thin mattress on the floor between 2 other guys. It's pretty basic....

• 21st Sep 2014

You mean "I didn't look at the photos or read what a Japanese style mattress was"? Or "I paid 10 euros for a bed on a weekend and I am 60 something years old so I've lost concept of what a hostel, shared room and value are"? Yes, we would agree with those. Did you hand get stuck on the 3 button? We're basically the best location in town and anything less than 5 is less than logical.

I slept in a 4-5 inch mattress on the floor in a small room that is only good for 2.Then after I checked in, they added another bed on the floor to accommodate one more person. I almost stepped on the other guy because the room was too tight .The bathroom is dirty.Gave me creeps to even use it.There are cigarette butts in the front door with an old dilapidated sofa. 16 euros for this? and I cannot even sleep.

• 19th Sep 2014

This guest was caught stealing another guests laptop and is being investigated by the police. This review is a lie. 1 for location (best example) when we have the best location in center of Old Town.

You have no privacy because reception can be in your room an the rooms are transit. It could happen that you sleep on the floor, on the very bad mattress. Only one toilet and very dirrty shower for all. No place where you can sit and eat what you prepare in very small kitchen. I was very afraid of my things because there were no lockers. I hate it that I had to be there without shoes because the floor wasn´t clean at all and in the bathroom everything was wet. "Ecohouse", really??

Hi Ms Novice Nomad, Yes, you "hate" a lot but with little understanding of reality. We "hate" that you did not read the description or look at photos to understand that you specifically booked the basic Japanese style Ryokan mattress. You paid the lowest price for dorm beds and expected a private room. There is a safe for valuables. We just got a new cleaner, so it's possible that cleanliness was lacking. We would have happily refunded your money if you left. Not even a 5 for location, "really?"

Hostel had all the facilities necessary for a good stay in Tallinn. The other guests staying at the hostel were fun people and very interesting, which is all part of the hostel experience. Location is one of the better ones in town, very close to the center, a supermarket, public transport and parking. The staff are great guys, very helpful and willing to show you around town. There is also an amazing 10/10 couch outside, which I highly recommend anyone to try out if they are visiting Estonia.