Mr Ryokans Ecohouse Reviews

Uus 32, Tallinn, Estonia

I slept on a thin mattress on the floor between 2 other guys. It's pretty basic....

• 21st Sep 2014

You mean "I didn't look at the photos or read what a Japanese style mattress was"? Or "I paid 10 euros for a bed on a weekend and I am 60 something years old so I've lost concept of what a hostel, shared room and value are"? Yes, we would agree with those. Did you hand get stuck on the 3 button? We're basically the best location in town and anything less than 5 is less than logical.

I slept in a 4-5 inch mattress on the floor in a small room that is only good for 2.Then after I checked in, they added another bed on the floor to accommodate one more person. I almost stepped on the other guy because the room was too tight .The bathroom is dirty.Gave me creeps to even use it.There are cigarette butts in the front door with an old dilapidated sofa. 16 euros for this? and I cannot even sleep.

• 19th Sep 2014

This guest was caught stealing another guests laptop and is being investigated by the police. This review is a lie. 1 for location (best example) when we have the best location in center of Old Town.

You have no privacy because reception can be in your room an the rooms are transit. It could happen that you sleep on the floor, on the very bad mattress. Only one toilet and very dirrty shower for all. No place where you can sit and eat what you prepare in very small kitchen. I was very afraid of my things because there were no lockers. I hate it that I had to be there without shoes because the floor wasn´t clean at all and in the bathroom everything was wet. "Ecohouse", really??

Hi Ms Novice Nomad, Yes, you "hate" a lot but with little understanding of reality. We "hate" that you did not read the description or look at photos to understand that you specifically booked the basic Japanese style Ryokan mattress. You paid the lowest price for dorm beds and expected a private room. There is a safe for valuables. We just got a new cleaner, so it's possible that cleanliness was lacking. We would have happily refunded your money if you left. Not even a 5 for location, "really?"

Hostel had all the facilities necessary for a good stay in Tallinn. The other guests staying at the hostel were fun people and very interesting, which is all part of the hostel experience. Location is one of the better ones in town, very close to the center, a supermarket, public transport and parking. The staff are great guys, very helpful and willing to show you around town. There is also an amazing 10/10 couch outside, which I highly recommend anyone to try out if they are visiting Estonia.

All good..I had no problems here. Tallinn wouldn't have been as good without the guys at Mister Ryokans!

• 29th Aug 2014

Everything was pretty good in the hostel, the guy working there is always there to help you when you need it so it's nice. There is everything you need and it is pretty clean. It is also well located. The only downside is maybe that the "japanese style beds" are not the most comfortable in the world and if you want to take a shower I'd recommend you don't do it in the morning like everyone else because there's only one bathroom. I'd recommend this hostel, it was pretty cool and cozy. :)

Now this is a hostel. I've stayed in many all over the world and this might be my favorite. Non-commercial, relaxed and the guys working there give you great advice abd can show you a good time. Top location too. Best rgds, Jono

There was only one very small bathroom for all the guests (max.12) which was very very dirthy and mouldy. So they wrote many Post-its what the guests must do, to keep the place cleen and fresh, but no staff which cleand the bathroom during the whole stay (and probably the weeks before too!!!). We got fresh bedlinen but the room was full of hair and dust. This hostel is a fraud!

As Sept. 27 we have a new cleaner (several complaints). Sorry that you have to suffer in what you call the "gottiest place I have been in my life". Those little signs say "if something isn't clean PLEASE tell us". Bathroom gets cleaned twice a day so this idea that it hasn't been cleaned in weeks is misguided. It's an old building and while old things may not look clean, they are getting cleaned. We're located right in Old Town and you put 60% for location; so we call "fraud" on your review.

Staff and location is good,bathroom is clean,but the room and kitchen is very simple,only one sink in the house...

Great location, great staff, nice kitchen and everyone was friendly, but the dorm we stayed in was two sofas and four beds in a room with massive windows and no curtains. We were told to leave the windows open at all times and leave all our stuff next to our beds, which posed a serious theft risk. The main problem is that our dorm was also the common room and the access to another room.

Good location. Nice staff. But just an awful and dirty place. We were afraid to take a shower... Never again.

• 12th Jul 2014

The staff were locals who were willing to share lots of information on Tallinn and the sights to see, places to eat. However this hotel was the ultimate minimalist style. Mattresses on the floor, one bathroom between 12 people and minimal cleaning. This was a very tiny hostel with three rooms. Also had to remove your shoes which would be fine if the floor was swept.

• 7th Jul 2014

Amazing staff, perfect location

This isn't really a hostel. It's the owner's home being used as a one. There is only one combined toilet and bathroom for all the guests. There are no lockers or storage space for bags. There is no separate common area to hang out in and thus lacks atmosphere. Rates differ from day to day which is very strange as the good hostels in Tallinn don't seem to follow this. The owner offers good recommendations on things to do, however, is rarely available after check-in.